Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer pay on gate?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cannot be bothered to read all of this, but will it be possible to buy a ticket over the phone an hour before KO?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I cannot be bothered to read all of this, but will it be possible to buy a ticket over the phone an hour before KO?

Hopefully yes - just don't phone them (the Ticket Office) from your mobile.

Yesterday my son bought a ticket - was on hold for 10/15 minutes - his mobile was charged over £7.00!!

Before you ask about on-line sales - he couldn't get a Concession on-line

+++

Back to the Original Question - pay on the Day. It MUST Happen!!

SURELY we will be able to turn up (like at Millwall last week) buy a ticket from a Ticket Booth and then use the Ticket to get in??

If not then IMHO we will have a serious problem attracting the casual fan.

Get Rid of the Travel Voucher and make it Pay on the Day - Get 15,000 +

Travel Voucher + No pay on the Day - less than 10,000.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hopefully yes - just don't phone them (the Ticket Office) from your mobile.

Yesterday my son bought a ticket - was on hold for 10/15 minutes - his mobile was charged over £7.00!!

Before you ask about on-line sales - he couldn't get a Concession on-line

+++

Back to the Original Question - pay on the Day. It MUST Happen!!

SURELY we will be able to turn up (like at Millwall last week) buy a ticket from a Ticket Booth and then use the Ticket to get in??

If not then IMHO we will have a serious problem attracting the casual fan.

Get Rid of the Travel Voucher and make it Pay on the Day - Get 15,000 +

Travel Voucher + No pay on the Day - less than 10,000.

What I dont understand is if you can order by phone up to an hour before, why not just sell them an hour before from a hut? The only difference is a short phone call. What difference that you say 'I'd like a ticket' down a phone line as opposed to in person?

ultimately mate and thankfully it wont be down to a council. If they disagree ten I assume you just appeal their decision and then the ouncil has to make a decision to throw resources defeding the apeeal or they decide to behave with a touch of common sense
Actually ... it would be the football club that would have to throw resources at the planning appeal.

When the council wins, the council might seek an order for the club to pay its costs as well.

The outcome of the appeal would be decided by a Planning Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State and would be based entirely on established planning policy. Is the application in accordance with Planning Policy Guidance 13 (and other relevant policies)?

If you can point to agreed and published planning policies that make a case for pay on the gate, feel free to let us know what they are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

So, install a ticket booth at the ground which has a phone to enable you to ask the person on the other side of the glass in the booth for a ticket. You hand them the money and they hand you the ticket. Simple.

EDIT:...but I've just read you have said there will be pay on the day.....I should really have read all of this.

Let's ratchet up this binfest a bit.

From a planning point of view ... the ESSENTIAL feature of any ticketing system is that people have to be discouraged from driving to the ground without a ticket. The key thing is to ensure that no parking is available for anyone who turns up without a ticket.

It may well be the case that the agreed Transport Management Plan requires ALL the available parking spaces (at Falmer High School and Sussex University) to be sold in advance to ticket holders who will travel in a "multi-occupancy" car.

And - unlike Withdean - there will be NO on-street parking available nearby. And NO alternative off-street car parking spaces either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Queens Road I guess.

Makes sense. Easily accessible trains and buses to the ground from there.

A ticket office miles from the ground. Yeah, than makes perfect sense to me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
no mate i i will have a swipe card as have said befpore, and for me, and maybe you it is a great idea. But dont think of yourself, put yourself n others shos for a minute. For example (and this is one there will be lots of other examples), do you remember being a kid and someone saying "fancy the albion tonight" and you then went down there after school? That would then not be possible if you didnt have a card or had left it at home or whatever. There are also loads of old Sussex types that just will not get one and yes mate, as a customer you should expect the club to take that on board and yes react to what a customer wants. That is the problem with councils they live in their own bubble in the safe knowledge that when they fook tthings up then they will just raise our fooking taxes to pay for it. As for the Charlton example then so what? you should be able to turn up and get just as you you pay on the day at the ground up and down the country. Brighton v Barnsley does not require rules and regulations to gain entry. That is unarguable, so please do not give us rules and regulations.

This is the 21st Century, a lot of things have changed since I first starting supporting the Albion, like the price. Used to cost 35p to get. Take drinking on New Years Eve. Used to be a time when you could do a proper pub crawl and go to several decent pubs. Now you have to get a ticket. Most pubs were just that, pubs. Now they all have bouncers.

As for Footie, I bet in the 70s you could pay on the day at Old Trafford, Arsenal etc. You can't do that now.

The problem with cash on the day is that you don't know who you are letting in. Say we play Millwall and you're taking your kids along. Would you be happy if 500 Millwall fans were let in the block of seats next to you! Get over it.

Any system they bring in is not going to be popular with everyone. There will also be teething problems but at the end of the day, I doubt we will ever go back to turning up on the day and just paying cash.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No different to Withdean.

What's your arguement?

It's not going to be at the ground, where do you suggest?

According to LB one will be able to phone for a ticket up to an hour prior to KO and I presume pick it up at the ground.

My solution is therefore: "Install a ticket booth at the ground which has a phone to enable you to ask the person on the other side of the glass in the booth for a ticket. You hand them the money and they hand you the ticket. Simple."

Tubthumper Ticketing Solutions

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is the 21st Century, a lot of things have changed since I first starting supporting the Albion, like the price. Used to cost 35p to get. Take drinking on New Years Eve. Used to be a time when you could do a proper pub crawl and go to several decent pubs. Now you have to get a ticket. Most pubs were just that, pubs. Now they all have bouncers.

As for Footie, I bet in the 70s you could pay on the day at Old Trafford, Arsenal etc. You can't do that now.

The problem with cash on the day is that you don't know who you are letting in. Say we play Millwall and you're taking your kids along. Would you be happy if 500 Millwall fans were let in the block of seats next to you! Get over it.

Any system they bring in is not going to be popular with everyone. There will also be teething problems but at the end of the day, I doubt we will ever go back to turning up on the day and just paying cash.

Make Millwall all-ticket. Other games can be pay-on-the-day.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Also, with the swipe system, it could help if we get those high prifile games which become all ticket. It could do away with all this blue/white/gold systems of allocations as the system would show who had attended the most games or, perhaps, who had gone to the least sttractive games.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When I go to the supermarket I turn up, park my car, choose what I want and pay cash.

When I go to the leisure centre, I turn up, park my car, pay cash, go swimming.

When I go shopping in my local town, I park my car, buy stuff, pay cash and then go home.

BUT, if I want to go and watch Brighton play at Falmer I have to buy tickets on a swipe card I don't want, or do it on my phone (which I don't want to do either), or go to some mystery phone booth at some mystery location, and then get on some godforsaken train or bus, which will presumably take me into Brighton after the game, even though I want to get home to Cambridge.

Chances of me going to watch Brighton at Falmer? 0/10

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
According to LB one will be able to phone for a ticket up to an hour prior to KO and I presume pick it up at the ground.

My solution is therefore: "Install a ticket booth at the ground which has a phone to enable you to ask the person on the other side of the glass in the booth for a ticket. You hand them the money and they hand you the ticket. Simple."

According to Martin Perrry, you will be sent a bar code to your phone and some contraption will read your barcode to admit you to the ground.

Planning conditions do not allow cash ticket transactions within the stadium boundary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here