Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer pay on gate?

I'm not sure that you've quite understood my (possibly badly made) point about Mill Road Lord B, namely that it is a road rather than a car park, and a rather steep one to boot - so the positioning of the ticket booth is rather important. You could have it at the entrance to the site, but I reckon that'd be a bad idea - you already have to wait for all the numpties who don't think the words 'ROAD CLOSED' apply to them to turn around, so adding people who are after tickets to the queue to get in really would back the queue out onto the roundabout at least (source of complaints number 1). A better option would be to allow people to park first, but then where would you place the booth? If it is at a fixed position it'll inevitably mean some people traipsing up and down the aforementioned hill (or vice versa) to get a ticket and then catch the bus (source of complaints number 2). So that is why I suggested a moving booth that moves up the hill ahead of the parked cars, though how practicable that'd be I do not know.
I wonder whether a handheld device will be available. That could follow the bus queue.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
On the trains point why cant we have 8 or 12 carriages at the designated times?

The reason I say this is because some stations like Balcombe, Faygate, Littlehaven, Lancing etc etc you get a message saying you need to be in the front 4 or rear 8 coaches (or whatever) if you wish to get off at these stations...but the train is still 12 carriages.

From what I was told when I made an enquiry this morning the equipment has now been installed to allow 8 carriage trains to run in passenger service between Brighton & Lewes with selective door opening, It's good news in regards the length of trains but there's still a limitation on the number of pathways available.

That's excellent news, BB. I gather that the technology also exists to notify people about the number of seats / standing places that will be available when a train pulls into Falmer Station to pick people up after the game.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
From what I was told when I made an enquiry this morning the equipment has now been installed to allow 8 carriage trains to run in passenger service between Brighton & Lewes with selective door opening, It's good news in regards the length of trains but there's still a limitation on the number of pathways available.

Well here's hoping Southern/Network Rail/Railtrack have a mad rush of blood to the head, and they get this situation sorted out over the next 2 years - before the stadium actually opens if possible.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here