Falmer pay on gate?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Planning decisions aren't based on "common sense" or "every other championship club does it".

They are based on agreed Planning Policy. Planning Appeal decisions are based ONLY on agreed Planning Policy.

As for what "every other Championship club does", that's simply not true. There are lots of Championship clubs that haven't had to apply for planning permission for anything in the last few years. They will be governed by the rules that were in place years ago.

New stadiums will all have been built to comply with the rules that now govern major developments. Having a robust transport plan in place and discouraging the use of private cars for access to games will be conditions that apply to ALL new stadiums.

And it's not just Championship clubs. Can you just turn up as a new unregistered customer at Southampton FC and buy a ticket on the gate? No. Everyone who buys a ticket in the home parts of the ground has to register or get their ticket through an already-registered member.

what is i with counil workers, do you just invent rules to keep yourselves in a jo? Btn v Barnsley does not need bloody stupid rules to stop people turning up if they fancy it without some poxy plastic card. Get over it, and the albion should understand that, and appeal any bloody stupid oplanners opinion who thinks that it does. Councils are supposed to work for us not against us

what is i with counil workers, do you just invent rules to keep yourselves in a jo? Btn v Barnsley does not need bloody stupid rules to stop people turning up if they fancy it without some poxy plastic card. Get over it, and the albion should understand that, and appeal any bloody stupid oplanners opinion who thinks that it does. Councils are supposed to work for us not against us
What is it with "council workers"?

Well ... for a start, they aren't allowed to bend agreed policies, just because one individual or one organisation wants them to. They certainly don't "invent" rules. They apply them.

The "us" that council workers work for have every opportunity to express their views on planning matters. The policies that you appear not to like were subject to massive amounts of public consultation and public debate at the time they were developed.

As for the Brighton v Barnsley example, consider this ... If you want to watch Charlton Athletic v Exeter City on 26 September (an even less exciting fixture), you WON'T be able just to turn up at the Valley at 2.50 and get in.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
not as fooking stupid as you. read the thread, the debate is about if you need some poxy card or not to get into the ground.

I am sure there will be a system whereby a 'very casual' attendee will be admitted without needing a swipecard, but you will not be able to pay at the stadium under current rules, maybe a online service where tickets are printed out with a barcode or via mobile phone purchase, or good old cash at a point away from the ground.

I am sure there will be a system whereby a 'very casual' attendee will be admitted without needing a swipecard, but you will not be able to pay at the stadium under current rules, maybe a online service where tickets are printed out with a barcode or via mobile phone purchase, or good old cash at a point away from the ground.
It could easily be a swipe card (or touch card) of some sort, though. That's the technologically simple way of doing it.

To revert to the public transport example, pretty much every train ticket sold in Britain is now a swipe card. Touch cards are gradually taking over.

When I was in Portugal last year, I was struck by the fact that even a 20p bus ride involved the use of an 'oyster' type card. You could buy them for values ranging between the minimum one-journey fare and a year's travel on the entire bus / tram / metro network.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I quite like the idea of a swipe card especially if you can put money on throughout the year. If they were to bring it out 12 months before Falmer then i'd put a £10.00pw on the card so I'd have a fair sum banked when the season came along.

I don't want a season ticket but would like to pick my matches and where I sit, which can be done online. You should also be able to buy more than one ticket so you could take friends & family who may not be signed up to the scheme.

Also, with a swipe, you should be able to turn up on the day, provided there are spaces.

I quite like the idea of a swipe card especially if you can put money on throughout the year. If they were to bring it out 12 months before Falmer then i'd put a £10.00pw on the card so I'd have a fair sum banked when the season came along.

I don't want a season ticket but would like to pick my matches and where I sit, which can be done online. You should also be able to buy more than one ticket so you could take friends & family who may not be signed up to the scheme.

Also, with a swipe, you should be able to turn up on the day, provided there are spaces.

Why is it that old gits like you and me get it? We are supposed to get all nostalgic about the good old days at the Goldstone, when you could just turn up and run the risk of being trampled to pulp by anyone who fancied a bit of a ruck on the terraces.

:)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
not as fooking stupid as you. read the thread, the debate is about if you need some poxy card or not to get into the ground.

Then why does the fuckwit's fuckwit keep going on about pay on the day when PAY ON THE DAY IS ALLOWED yet we still get...

here......

allow pay on the day

here.....

its a joke that Brighton v say Peterborough in the championship being payed at an all seater 22500 stadium is not pay on the day

here....

do what the punters want and have pay on the day.

here.....

The idea that a 22500 stadium cannot be pay on the day

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think most of you are missing the point. Jamie here feels he has the right to pay cash on the day. In fact, his preferred method of payment would be cash to the driver that the club sends to pick him up before the game. He will probably want the right to sit where ever he likes even if we have capacity crowds. The clubs half time drinks service will bring to him his cocktail (in a glass as plastic isn't the same) and erect screens around his seat when he wants to take a piss. They will then use antiseptic wipes to clean the mess before disappearing back into the bowels of the stand before the second half starts. His driver will collect him immediately outside the exit gate on the concourse to save his legs the walk.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I think most of you are missing the point. Jamie here feels he has the right to pay cash on the day. In fact, his preferred method of payment would be cash to the driver that the club sends to pick him up before the game. He will probably want the right to sit where ever he likes even if we have capacity crowds. The clubs half time drinks service will bring to him his cocktail (in a glass as plastic isn't the same) and erect screens around his seat when he wants to take a piss. They will then use antiseptic wipes to clean the mess before disappearing back into the bowels of the stand before the second half starts. His driver will collect him immediately outside the exit gate on the concourse to save his legs the walk.

Well bugger me, Falmer is going to be better than I first thought!

:jester:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008

no mate i i will have a swipe card as have said befpore, and for me, and maybe you it is a great idea. But dont think of yourself, put yourself n others shos for a minute. For example (and this is one there will be lots of other examples), do you remember being a kid and someone saying "fancy the albion tonight" and you then went down there after school? That would then not be possible if you didnt have a card or had left it at home or whatever. There are also loads of old Sussex types that just will not get one and yes mate, as a customer you should expect the club to take that on board and yes react to what a customer wants. That is the problem with councils they live in their own bubble in the safe knowledge that when they fook tthings up then they will just raise our fooking taxes to pay for it. As for the Charlton example then so what? you should be able to turn up and get just as you you pay on the day at the ground up and down the country. Brighton v Barnsley does not require rules and regulations to gain entry. That is unarguable, so please do not give us rules and regulations.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Brighton v Barnsley does not require rules and regulations to gain entry. That is unarguable, so please do not give us rules and regulations.
You go and tell BHCC that.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Then why does the fuckwit's fuckwit keep going on about pay on the day when PAY ON THE DAY IS ALLOWED yet we still get...

here......

here.....

here....

here.....

You call someone a fckwit and then miss the point entirely. What is your problem?

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
You go and tell BHCC that.

ultimately mate and thankfully it wont be down to a council. If they disagree ten I assume you just appeal their decision and then the ouncil has to make a decision to throw resources defeding the apeeal or they decide to behave with a touch of common sense

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You assume? So you don't know for sure then. When you do, come back and tell us all how it all works.

Give it a f***ing rest.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Errr, I am at home, Mr f***ing Know-it-all.

You're the one being arrogant. Not to mention a cockjuggling thundercunt.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think it just depends what your priority is. As someone who pretty much has to come by car when I am fortunate enough to get to watch the Albion play, I don't really buy all the anti-car stuff, and I don't benefit financially or logistically from a lot of the ideas to get people out of their cars. If I did, no doubt I'd feel differently - but I have to say, I don't think I'm alone.

I just want us to have the best possible chance of getting back to being a club regularly supported by over 10-15,000 fans, and it has been a long time since that happened (not even most recently at the Goldstone). Impulse fans are a massive part of this. If I am convinced that there is a smart-card system not relying on cash at the gate that can deliver them, or at the very least not harm them, then I'll willingly embrace it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports