FALMER announcement

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
unless he gets Yvette Cooper (her portfolio) to do it for him ... which opens up the diary again!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I dont see him making any kind of personal appearance on this, although this is important to us, it's not likely to be something at the top of his agenda (who do we think we are?)

It only need a letter sent out to someone, and as such, could happen at any time.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Wanderer said:
It only need a letter sent out to someone, and as such, could happen at any time.

The issue is politically sensitive for many reasons - even if we are not the biggest item on Prescott's agenda.

Even if it is only a couriered or mailed decision - it will be accompanied by a press statement. Therefore it will only occur on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of any given week. It will also be timed for mid morning.

If looney's spy is right, and there is a dispute between Defra and the ODPM about the National Park issue, this would have to be resolved in a way that allows both Secretaries of State to emerge with credibility.

It's this sort of stuff that takes time at this stage in the process.

Reading between the lines ...

Defra have no reason to want any development anywhere near a National Park. I would therefore assume that they are the party that opposes the Stadium.

Therefore, if there's a dispute, the ODPM must be supporting the Stadium.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

But the dispute must be resolved before any announcement is made.

In the final analysis, it is the responsibility of the Deputy Prime Minister to resolve inter-departmental disputes. No doubt a meeting or three might be needed.

But who will Prescott back? His own department or Margaret Beckett's?

I am IMMENSELY optimistic.

[Assuming looney speaks the truth]

:eek:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Okay guys ... following my chat with Miliband's PA (see other thread) I went back to my guy at Whitehall ....

From the enquiries he has made the announcement wil NOT be next week, is highly unlikely to be Monday 17 or Tuesday 18 Oct (cos of inciting potential problems at the Palace game), but will be anytime from 19th onwards.

So that leaves 19 or 20 Oct, or 25, 26 or 27 Oct as the likely days.

My guy is NOT as 100% as he was last time, because he still needs to corroborate - and there are still some discussions going on re Falmer - but he reckons he can give us a couple of days notice at least.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I reckon its gonna be announced THIS MONTH!

you heard it here LAST!

On the Left Wing said:
I was right: Knight, Perry, the Council planners know the decision!

It will be made public at 9am tomorrow Tuesday.

Press Notice embargo until then

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Then you posted at....3.52pm

On the Left Wing said:
Just spoken to my MP David Miliband's PA (Miliband is Number 2 minister to Prescott at ODPM and a good guy).

Apparently it was not a rash promise of Presser's to give a decision by 31 October, but it is laid down in statute (ie law) that HE HAS to give a decision by 31 October - something to do with the timetable which was triggered by the appeal.

See Falmer decision thread for more details on the actual timing (which has not come from the same source)

So your first posting was bullshit. Like you said in the other thread, if you're wrong then Bozza can ban you. I'll be sending a P.M too Bozza with your post.

It was nice knowing you. :wave:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Re: Re: FALMER announcement

Oceanic said:
Then you posted at....3.52pm

So your first posting was bullshit. Like you said in the other thread, if you're wrong then Bozza can ban you. I'll be sending a P.M too Bozza with your post.

It was nice knowing you. :wave:

FFS Oceanic

look at the dates of the postings you arse

:lolol: :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Oceanic said:
:(

But you said if it wasn't true then we can ban you, so I'm not wrong in a way am I?

Bozza, what's he still doing here?:D

oh my God ...... but it WAS true 15 months ago!

:thud:

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

Turkey said:
Shall I do the deed? :lolol: :jester:

What, ban me? I haven't been reading this board for the last 15 months so how the hell am I suppose to know it was posted then? I just read the threads that appear on the first page and think they've all been posted today, didn't bother too check what dates they were posted. shit, leave it out.

Ban me if you like. A seagull fan will not get his £50 if you do :wave:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Oceanic said:
What, ban me? I haven't been reading this board for the last 15 months so how the hell am I suppose to know it was posted then? I just read the threads that appear on the first page and think they've all been posted today, didn't bother too check what dates they were posted. shit, leave it out.

Ban me if you like. A seagull fan will not get his £50 if you do :wave:

No! OTLW!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports