Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FALMER announcement

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
This is getting so close now. My stomach is churning and I am getting so nervous.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
Calm down, dear. It's only indigestion.

I don't think we'll hear for weeks.

Ok. Pass the Rennies. :D

Lord Bracknell said:
They DON'T know the decision.

Sorry mate, but that's utter tosh. they know, you know, I know, we all know they have made a decision. The longer it goes on then I fear the worst. It feels they're prolonging it for a reason.

At work I buy all the papers now, I listen to the radio in the hope of hear something. I swear, those office bods at fat boy two punching Prescott’s office is driving me insane. Can’t cope anymore.

Oceanic said:
Sorry mate, but that's utter tosh. they know, you know
You said it was the "Planning Committee" who knew.

Exactly what Planning Committee are you talking about? The ONLY Planning Committees that have been involved in the whole of this process are the Planning Committees of Brighton & Hove City Council and Lewes District Council.

I can assure you ... they DON'T know the decision. It hasn't been made yet.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Everyday I wake up and turn the radio on incase its revealed :( Even though I'm sure it won't be released till 31st! Its a weird thing???

Lord Bracknell said:
You said it was the "Planning Committee" who knew.

Exactly what Planning Committee are you talking about? The ONLY Planning Committees that have been involved in the whole of this process are the Planning Committees of Brighton & Hove City Council and Lewes District Council.

I can assure you ... they DON'T know the decision. It hasn't been made yet.

I meant Prescott and his fat merry men. Their the planning committee aren't they? Well, if they aren't then I'll eat my hat.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Oceanic said:
I meant Prescott and his fat merry men. Their the planning committee aren't they? Well, if they aren't then I'll eat my hat.

do you want brown or red sauce with that hat? salt and vinegar?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Lord Bracknell said:
If looney's spy is right, and there is a dispute between Defra and the ODPM about the National Park issue, this would have to be resolved in a way that allows both Secretaries of State to emerge with credibility.

It's this sort of stuff that takes time at this stage in the process.

Reading between the lines ...

Defra have no reason to want any development anywhere near a National Park. I would therefore assume that they are the party that opposes the Stadium.

Therefore, if there's a dispute, the ODPM must be supporting the Stadium.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

But the dispute must be resolved before any announcement is made.

In the final analysis, it is the responsibility of the Deputy Prime Minister to resolve inter-departmental disputes. No doubt a meeting or three might be needed.

But who will Prescott back? His own department or Margaret Beckett's?

I am IMMENSELY optimistic.

[Assuming looney speaks the truth] .

What I can tell you from experience as a Civil Servant is that where there is an inter-departmental dispute it is usually up to the department with the lead on the policy to take the decision, unless the Treasury backs the other department. As, so far as I know, there are no Government financial issues in this decision, the Treasury will not get involved. This would appear to be helpful to us.

I will give you an example. In my previous job, we had a measure in the Children Bill, on which the DfES had the lead. As a result, some guidance on early intervention had to be issued. My boss and his deputy got their bit completed very quickly, but the DfES lead went sick, and they would not get their bit done for ages. Even though our bit could have been issued on its own it could not be as DfES had the lead and so had to clear it. The same thing happens on parenting programmes. We aim to focus help on those parents whose children are most likely to offend, whereas DfES prefer to make parenting programmes available to everyone. I won't go into details, but because DfES has the lead, their view usually prevails.

Oceanic said:
No. Prescott is the First Secretary of State. He will make the decision on his own, not with a committee.

The Planning Division of his Department (the civil servants whose job is to advise him) have not yet finished considering the issues.

You'll have to trust me on that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here