FALMER announcement

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I hope too Brixtaan, but in all seriousness (is that a word?) I doubt he'd say no just because of a judicial review threat, one which may or may not even happen!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy 86 said:
scott:-i feel like i'm drinking your money as we speak:drink:

dripping pan and a drink bought by scott mccarthy

can things get any better than this:clap:
(except a yes decision of course)

if the decisions tomorrow i owe you nothing!

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
as a few have mentioned already, the understanding is it is yes, BUT with a bit of a twist. it really depends on how you view the twist as to whether it is good news or not. if it does turn out the way it has been briefly explained to me, then all is well. i think!

(await abuse)

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I have been told as others have posted that it will be a yes with very tight proviso's, ie Football only no additional concerts etc, in addition there is also a theory that it is minded to be approved but subject to the opposition have been given 6 months to find a suitable alternative in the Brighton area.
Approval with conditions sounds like a good bet to me, just like Withdean and typically Brighton!!!
Now keeping the faith again, as i had begun to falter.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

bobbycodpiece

Jul 25, 2004
Brighton
Des Turner's (MP for Kemptown) letter in the argus on Saturday...read like a "don't blame me as I was for Falmer" letter...so does he already know the answer ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Curious Orange said:
Only if Bozza and co have built a WAP interface for the site. Probably safe to assume not!!

Well? Is it done yet?:D

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Curious Orange said:
Only if Bozza and co have built a WAP interface for the site. Probably safe to assume not!!

Turkey said:
My next project! :lolol: ;)

I used to be able to access the old NSC board using my old Nokia 8310. I've tried accessing this site using my new Sharp GX20 but it's not possible. Darn it.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just spoken to my insider again (as he was spot on last time).

He is doing some sniffing (as it is not his ministry) and promised to get back.

Being a football fan he also suggested that the civil servants involved would have taken advice NOT to make any announcement directly before the Palace game as the decision either way could incite unwanted crowd trouble (so that seems to put the mockers on a 17/18 Oct announcement)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
On the Left Wing said:
Being a football fan he also suggested that the civil servants involved would have taken advice NOT to make any announcement directly before the Palace game as the decision either way could incite unwanted crowd trouble (so that seems to put the mockers on a 17/18 Oct announcement)

So we beat Palace on the 18th and get a yes to Falmer on the 19th. That's fine by me.

*wishes*

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
the full harris said:
Have the dates of posts messed up on this or something?

Nope!
OTLW has ressurrected on old thread from prior to the last announcement

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
the full harris said:
Have the dates of posts messed up on this or something?

No I bounced the thread from 15 months ago as we seem to be going through a similar countdown now .... my guy at the time was spot on when he told us the announcement would be ariound 9.30am the next day ..... so all these moons later I got back to him and am now waiting to see what he uncovers

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
80's Seagull said:
So we beat Palace on the 18th and get a yes to Falmer on the 19th. That's fine by me.

*wishes*

Note for Diary: Book days off work 19th & 20th as will be unfit due to drinking heavily for 48 hours in celebration parties

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
On the Left Wing said:
No I bounced the thread from 15 months ago as we seem to be going through a similar countdown now .... my guy at the time was spot on when he told us the announcement would be ariound 9.30am the next day ..... so all these moons later I got back to him and am now waiting to see what he uncovers

oh, i didn't look at the year date! that explains a lot, I just read through the whole thing very confused! :dunce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I've just read through this post very excited and am now totally FLAT!

OTLW, you total bastard!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Lammy said:
I've just read through this post very excited and am now totally FLAT!

OTLW, you total bastard!

This has all been worth it to get one over on Lammy!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
a very small breakthrough ....

IF Prescott decides to make a personal announcement (which he may well do given the popular nature of the issue) he has only TWO weeks this month timetabled for planning announcements:

w/c 10th October (parliament returns from Summer recess on the 10th) - so either Tues 11 or Wed 12
and
w/c 24th October - so either Tues 25 or Wed 26

It appears that next week may be out because of the timescale

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I'd be worried if he did make an announcement on the 12th. What could be a crucial England qualifier for the World Cup on that date, perfect time to "bury bad news" in true Labour style.

Here's hoping for a 25th October announcement, the day after we beat Sheffield Wednesday live on Sky!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports