Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was pissed off when he came on as knew what was coming up, he was so, so poor - predictable, weak and has no composure at all. Overhyped sub appearance mid week in what was basically an exhibition match at that point against crap opposition.

No where near good enough at the moment.
So about where Bissouma and Encisco were when the first joined us......

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Was pissed off when he came on as knew what was coming up, he was so, so poor - predictable, weak and has no composure at all. Overhyped sub appearance mid week in what was basically an exhibition match at that point against crap opposition.

Nice to see your support of a developing 18 year old

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012

FFS. How in earth are youngsters supposed to develop if they don't get a chance to play.

I actually thought he was decent when he came on. One really physical contact that left the other player on the floor. Couple of decent possessions. No worse than Adingra and Mitoma. He has a good chance of getting a great player if cretins don't get on his back at 18.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
FFS. How in earth are youngsters supposed to develop if they don't get a chance to play.

I actually thought he was decent when he came on. One really physical contact that left the other player on the floor. Couple of decent possessions. No worse than Adingra and Mitoma. He has a good chance of getting a great player if cretins don't get on his back at 18.
Of FFS, chill out and stop being so precious. Some randomer criticising him online on a platform he’s not going to read, a fans football forum for that where fans can put their opinions forward, is not going to harm his development.

His chance to play and progress should have been elsewhere this season so we don’t have to endure it. Agree Mitoma was shite today, Adingra slightly better but not much, but they have at least both produced for us previously. This kid is nowhere near good enough at the moment. Hopefully he will be one day but he certainly isn’t at the moment.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So about where Bissouma and Encisco were when the first joined us......
That’s just not true though - FB has been with us 10 months now. Enciso had scored two worldies including the goal of the season, plus a briliant goal at Bournemouth and one at Arsenal for us in that time. Bissouma had also contributed more already in that time including a MOM performance against Crystal Palace.

Enciso is miles ahead of him as a player.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I still like him I see a talent. Will definitely do a lot more in his career than any of our current under 21s IMHO.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That’s just not true though - FB has been with us 10 months now. Enciso had scored two worldies including the goal of the season, plus a briliant goal at Bournemouth and one at Arsenal for us in that time. Bissouma had also contributed more already in that time including a MOM performance against Crystal Palace.

Enciso is miles ahead of him as a player.
Enciso was miles further on at this stage and even when gash has shown some things
Really hope FB makes it but miles miles off it . Makes us weaker when he plays somehow

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

On loan to Belgium or a Championship club, perhaps?
We are not Roffey Robins Under-9s. We are not obliged to give everyone a chance to have a go.
These days, you play for Brighton when you have already developed.
It is up to the club to decide if a loan would benefit our young Argie.
I’m just taking issue with your claim that the only possible way is for him to improve is to play in our first team. It’s not true (see Mitoma, Adingra. Ok not so much today, I’ll give you that).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, he seemed well up for it, and did everything he could to get the ball. It was the perfect time to bring him on in that position though. My thoughts are far more about how much opportunity he'll have to play there. Once Julio gets back, that will be more limited, but until then there's a good run of fixtures for him to be get more minutes there. I still think he'll need to play more on the right, to give Adingra a break.
It is better to be worried about how much game time our good players will be getting than to be worried about our lack of squad depth :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

He really needs to work on how channeled he looks when cutting onto his left from the right hand side. Defenders can read it far too easily.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The verdict is distinctly out on him so far but let's not jump to write him off yet. He's still very young and he will get game time now due to our injuries. As was originally planned before our injuries wasn't he due to go out on loan to Leeds? A loan move at some point in the future might still be the best way to assess him properly.

Random observation but to me his name 'Buonanotte' sounds like some exotic pudding that I should order with cream or custard :)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
On loan to Belgium or a Championship club, perhaps?
We are not Roffey Robins Under-9s. We are not obliged to give everyone a chance to have a go.
These days, you play for Brighton when you have already developed.
It is up to the club to decide if a loan would benefit our young Argie.
I’m just taking issue with your claim that the only possible way is for him to improve is to play in our first team. It’s not true (see Mitoma, Adingra. Ok not so much today, I’ll give you that).
I believe the club were looking to loan him out as they felt he needed development through a loan however Encisco's injury put paid to that and he has been pushed into the limelight. IMO not good enough for the 1st team at this stage in his career.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
The verdict is distinctly out on him so far but let's not jump to write him off yet. He's still very young and he will get game time now due to our injuries. As was originally planned before our injuries wasn't he due to go out on loan to Leeds? A loan move at some point in the future might still be the best way to assess him properly.

Random observation but to me his name 'Buonanotte' sounds like some exotic pudding that I should order with cream or custard :)
it translates as Goodnight 😉

Play him centrally Not out wide

Last edited:

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Of FFS, chill out and stop being so precious. Some randomer criticising him online on a platform he’s not going to read, a fans football forum for that where fans can put their opinions forward, is not going to harm his development.

His chance to play and progress should have been elsewhere this season so we don’t have to endure it. Agree Mitoma was shite today, Adingra slightly better but not much, but they have at least both produced for us previously. This kid is nowhere near good enough at the moment. Hopefully he will be one day but he certainly isn’t at the moment.
Yes, but opinions on chat forums often end up translating into opinions expressed unhelpfully in the stadium. We develop young players by giving them the chance to learn and grow. Sticking the boot in on an 18 year old kid who has to come on when the rest of the first team has done f all for 70 minutes and expecting him to be a game changer is pretty poor form imo (especially as you have admitted he was no worse than those he replaced!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here