[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'm not that convinced by the argument about him being a number 10 because he cuts inside from the right either: that's what the modern inverted winger does (they also need to go down the line and, on this, thanks for posting the two heat maps as it illustrates the point I was making: Solly does it, Facundo needs to learn to do more of it).

I was impressed with Facu last night against Ajax - and said before the match to a mate that RDZ needs to play Adringa out wide and Facu in a central position- probably the best I’ve seen him play to date tbh.

Was very pleased RDZ put him on in a 10/ CAM, clearly been working on that in training which suggests that he might get to chance to develop that role rather than being a mediocre stop gap for March.

I thought he commanded that spot when he came on, looked very very comfortable - constantly moving when off the ball finding all sorts of space to run into between the lines - and his breaking and accelerating just outside the 18 yard box looked (not last night) but potentially very impactful. He only had one shot on target and I would like to have seen him facing towards the away goal a bit more and being more aggressive but in fairness to Buonanotte, by the time he came on, Mitoma had dropped back a bit with fatigue - Ferguson looked like he hadn’t really turned up at all ( it’s a phase!)

I have absolutely no doubt this is his position- just hope the injury he sustained just before full time was only minor.

Well done Facu - keeping the faith!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was impressed with Facu last night against Ajax - and said before the match to a mate that RDZ needs to play Adringa out wide and Facu in a central position- probably the best I’ve seen him play to date tbh.

Was very pleased RDZ put him on in a 10/ CAM, clearly been working on that in training which suggests that he might get to chance to develop that role rather than being a mediocre stop gap for March.

I thought he commanded that spot when he came on, looked very very comfortable - constantly moving when off the ball finding all sorts of space to run into between the lines - and his breaking and accelerating just outside the 18 yard box looked (not last night) but potentially very impactful. He only had one shot on target and I would like to have seen him facing towards the away goal a bit more and being more aggressive but in fairness to Buonanotte, by the time he came on, Mitoma had dropped back a bit with fatigue - Ferguson looked like he hadn’t really turned up at all ( it’s a phase!)

I have absolutely no doubt this is his position- just hope the injury he sustained just before full time was only minor.

Completely agree. Lively, good footwork, constantly scanning, dropping deep when it was right to do so……so much more effective than when out wide.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Completely agree. Lively, good footwork, constantly scanning, dropping deep when it was right to do so……so much more effective than when out wide.
This. When he was out wide I thought he looked lost and clueless, trying to come into the middle and running into trouble.

He was much better last night in the middle. A bit like Enciso was, he needs to get his head up and see a pass that's on. A couple of times he ran into 2/3 players when a pass was on if he'd got his head up in time. But bags of potential for RDZ to polish.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Clearly better in the middle.

But clearly still a year or more off being able to contribute regularly at this level

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
CAM? Not so sure. We’ve got plenty of those.

I’ve got the lad pegged as back-up to March as an inverted right winger. He seemingly has the strength, pace, dribbling ability, shooting and passing to play that role. I can’t think of a better fit if March is injured/rested.
You seeing the light yet? 😉😛

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What was noticeable last night was how much he demanded the ball when he came on. Constantly making runs into space, looking for a pass. Would be easy for him to shy away from it, but he was excellent, I thought. Certainly offered more than Dahoud did (I was sat there wondering how fuming Dunk would have been wen Dahoud needlessly passed it straight to Ajax near the end when the clean sheet was finally within our grasp). Give him a break. He's a very good footballer. Just needs to settle and find his feet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What was noticeable last night was how much he demanded the ball when he came on. Constantly making runs into space, looking for a pass. Would be easy for him to shy away from it, but he was excellent, I thought. Certainly offered more than Dahoud did (I was sat there wondering how fuming Dunk would have been wen Dahoud needlessly passed it straight to Ajax near the end when the clean sheet was finally within our grasp). Give him a break. He's a very good footballer. Just needs to settle and find his feet.
Yep, that. Very, very good player will emerge, and soon.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Clearly better in the middle.

But clearly still a year or more off being able to contribute regularly at this level
6 mnths max but probably less now March, Ensico and Welbeck out - no reason why he can’t rotate in and we’ll see more of him - especially if we make it through group - sometimes with these lads - the development is exponential- and sometimes it’s like a light has suddenly gone on inside their head, then after months of slugging it out in training, the penny’s dropped and all the prices fit together - I had a gut feeling watching Facu from the middle West stand (with an excellent view of him the entire time ) - it was like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders - he owned it.

Two players that will make a breakthrough this season to become important players for us IMO will be Van Hecke and Buonanotte

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Yes, he seemed well up for it, and did everything he could to get the ball. It was the perfect time to bring him on in that position though. My thoughts are far more about how much opportunity he'll have to play there. Once Julio gets back, that will be more limited, but until then there's a good run of fixtures for him to be get more minutes there. I still think he'll need to play more on the right, to give Adingra a break.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes, he seemed well up for it, and did everything he could to get the ball. It was the perfect time to bring him on in that position though. My thoughts are far more about how much opportunity he'll have to play there. Once Julio gets back, that will be more limited, but until then there's a good run of fixtures for him to be get more minutes there. I still think he'll need to play more on the right, to give Adingra a break.
got to play him in the centre if we want to see the best of him but agree he will need to be flexible.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think he’s grown a bit, perhaps it’s just my eyes but I thought he looked a bit taller.
He did look more imposing. It seemed to me he’d bulked out a little bit so maybe he’s been focusing on gym work. He’s looked a little lightweight in earlier games but once he acclimatises to the physical demands of the league I suspect he’ll be some player.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He's going to be absolute mustard.
He's still 18 and he only joined us in January.
Moved half way round the world as a teenager to the toughest League in the world to a club that was just starting to play the highest risk and most innovative style in it.
Frankly looking a bit lost and lightweight was doing amazingly well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports