Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup v Stoke early thoughts

I guess the main difference with that selection last season is Europe means it’s not our only cup competition. Regardless of that I still expect a strong selection with maybe 2-3 of the real recent workhorses benched

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Naturally to avoid all chances of injury after just 3 recovery days ahead of Stoke.
There are a number of players who have been flogged to death with the growing injury list since October, despite rotation.
It's not worth Gross, Billy or Pedro featuring at all at Stoke for me, I wouldn't risk them personally.
I agree but room for Dunk, Moder, Baleba and Dahoud.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
——————— Verbruggen ———————
Hinshelwood — Dunk Kavanagh —Samuels
——- Moder ——- Dahoud —— Baleba —-
——- Lallana —— Ferguson —— Boaitey —

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This feels like a question I should already know the answer too but:-

Are we VAR free tomorrow?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Please no extra time. I didn't realise it was possible and booked on the train just before 6pm
There was no extra time in the bore draw last night at Selhurst.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes we are Var free.
Oh goodie.
I can't wait for all the 'we would have won that if we were at home, with VAR' comments 😆😆😆

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
The team / squad for Boro (A) in the third round last year was pretty much full strength. (Admittedly this was post World Cup).
Although Dunk wasn't in the squad, and Trossard was out in the cold waiting to be sold. No u21s.

View attachment 172232
Oh wow. Of course some names were unproven at that point, but I'd bite your hand off for that squad in pretty much any PL/EL game this season (give or take a Dunk)

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I am hoping we go strongish. I think Beleba, Dahoud and Moder need starts, as died Ferguson to get some confidence back.
But over two weeks until the next game, so don't really want a draw so need to keep a strong defence.
Go for it, get it done and dusted then rest players.

Bart,
Hinshelwood, Dunk, Van Hecke, Pervis
Gross, Baleba, Dahoud, Moder
Lallana
Ferguson

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
the replay rules are :

3rd Round and 4th round: Replay if game finishes as draw after 90 minutes - Replay has extra time and penalties if needed.
From 5th round onwards - no replays. Extra time and pens if a draw.

Next season - unclear. PL were pushing for no replays even for 3rd and 4th rounds .

the VAR rules are :

For the first time this year - as in last night VAR is being used. BUT - Only if the tie is being played at a current Premier League ground or Wembley. (ie: At the Amex, but not at Stoke - as they are , ha ha , not a current PL team)

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Do Stoke fans see this a plum draw given our current profile and style of football or is it seen as a big disappointment as it would have been for the last 100 years?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Do Stoke fans see this a plum draw given our current profile and style of football or is it seen as a big disappointment as it would have been for the last 100 years?
Wasn't the ground half full when we played them in the Cup last season?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well there are still plenty of (home) tickets available - with loads of availability in plenty of blocks . They are a slightly hefty £19 though for adults. It was £15 for ST holders for away tickets.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Are there really 4k fans going tomorrow! Shows the contrast in people's opinion of the cup, many say they don't care about it anymore but yet it's still a big draw for lots with 15% of our home crowd making the journey.....incredible really!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Are there really 4k fans going tomorrow! Shows the contrast in people's opinion of the cup, many say they don't care about it anymore but yet it's still a big draw for lots with 15% of our home crowd making the journey.....incredible really!
No way will that many be there.

Harvesters will take the chance, paper tickets and all, that they'll get the 15 big ones whilst sat at home in front of the FireStick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here