Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup v Stoke early thoughts

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Looks like RDZ will be putting out strongest team possible. No rest for Pedro etc.

Brilliant to hear Moder gets a start. Seems Dahoud still well out of favour rather than fitness concern.
Do hope Baleba gets decent minutes, he needs the opportunities to build experience and improve decision making.
No injuries and through to the next round please chaps Uta

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm driving to the match tomorrow. I'd normally go M40 - M6 but I've had some problems in the past around Birmingham so contemplating going M1 - A50. Any season travellers have any words of advice for the best route? Many Thanks.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm driving to the match tomorrow. I'd normally go M40 - M6 but I've had some problems in the past around Birmingham so contemplating going M1 - A50. Any season travellers have any words of advice for the best route? Many Thanks.

As someone that drives from Brighton to South of Birmingham countless times a year, the M40- M6 is by far the quickest route. The M6 toll is the quickest but be aware

1. It's now £8.90 EACH WAY so is best avoided for the M6 if there are no accidents or whatever on the M6 itself
2. The toll DOESNT take Google pay or mobile payment. This is a massive pain in the arse as it causes queues at the toll booth. Sticking a bank card in the slot is by far the quickest route. If there is a tailback, go in the right most lane. It makes out it is "Tag only" but they do let you pay by card. It is by far the quickest lane.

Google maps is you best bet as it will redirect in real time as opposed to some in car sat navs which don't.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As someone that drives from Brighton to South of Birmingham countless times a year, the M40- M6 is by far the quickest route. The M6 toll is the quickest but be aware

1. It's now £8.90 EACH WAY so is best avoided for the M6 if there are no accidents or whatever on the M6 itself
2. The toll DOESNT take Google pay or mobile payment. This is a massive pain in the arse as it causes queues at the toll booth. Sticking a bank card in the slot is by far the quickest route. If there is a tailback, go in the right most lane. It makes out it is "Tag only" but they do let you pay by card. It is by far the quickest lane.

Google maps is you best bet as it will redirect in real time as opposed to some in car sat navs which don't.
Last couple of times I’ve gone M6 Toll the queues to pay to get off have been ridiculous- totally negating the benefits of taking it

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
A live Sat Nav will inform of any delays....always busy around Brum......we aim to arrive around 1230 ( that allows for delays.)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Last couple of times I’ve gone M6 Toll the queues to pay to get off have been ridiculous- totally negating the benefits of taking it
I’ve used it a dozen or so times a year, for ten years, and have literally never seen a queue of more than two or three cars.

(but all of those trips have been for work. No chance I’m using the Toll if I’M paying!)

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
As a regular traveler through Birmingham my advice would be, use the M6 toll if money is not an issue or if there is trouble elsewhere. If not M40/M42(W)/M5/M6 is usually better than M40/M42(N)/M6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here