Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That would be a very good point if I didn’t pay for it from the age of 16 to 26 despite it costing pretty much every penny I had for the first few years. I also helped chip in towards my granddads season ticket in the last few years before he passed away as a thank you for him buying mine when I was little, But well done mate, brilliant point.

Not sure why tickets being slightly more expensive then they thought would make me a saddo, but I’m glad you did two always. I always wondered if it was possible to do two always in 2 weeks so that’s put my mind at ease.
Always/aways, well done comic genius! 26 you say? Jeez, life must have been so tough in your mid twenties to have to choose between football, getting wankered at the weekend, or following your cock? By the way, have you got Scouse blood in you by any chance?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
So just let me check here, first time getting guest tickets. Our usual group of 3 season ticket holders would like to bring a guest each. Reading the above will we all have to wait until the Wednesday if we want to sit together? Essentially taking the risk that it could sell out before that with STHs and Albion +? I guess the next question is how likely it is to sell out before we get those tickets
Are they letting STH choose seats other than their usual ones? If so, don't buy 3 together at first, but buy 3 singles with spaces in between.
People rarely buy singles, unless there is no other options. So by Wednesday, the spare seats should still be available for purchase.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Always/aways, well done comic genius! 26 you say? Jeez, life must have been so tough in your mid twenties to have to choose between football, getting wankered at the weekend, or following your cock? By the way, have you got Scouse blood in you by any chance?

I'm really hoping you're pissed because otherwise your reading comprehension needs some serious work.

I never said life was tough, I never said I had to choose between football and anything else. Although obviously people can be 26 with kids and a mortgage so it's mental point anyway. I mainly gave up my season ticket because I hated what VAR did to the experience of match going fans. How many people do you see on here, Facebook, twitter etc moan that VAR ruins football whilst still going every week? Fair play to those who still go, but everybody has a breaking point and the introduction of VAR was mine.

It is eye-opening though that you assume that the only reason would be surprised by ticket prices is because they can't personally afford it. Speaks volumes of how you navigate the world, but there we go.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Are they letting STH choose seats other than their usual ones? If so, don't buy 3 together at first, but buy 3 singles with spaces in between.
People rarely buy singles, unless there is no other options. So by Wednesday, the spare seats should still be available for purchase.
No, when I looked last night, the only tickets I could buy were my season ticket and people's season ticket seats in my friends and family.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No, when I looked last night, the only tickets I could buy were my season ticket and people's season ticket seats in my friends and family.
Well, after carefully pitching the benefits of me going to the Grimsby match in person with the leader of the opposition, I’ve been reminded it’s also the mother in laws birthday and a significant one on the day. I should have been more thorough with the initial application some 15 years ago

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Well, after carefully pitching the benefits of me going to the Grimsby match in person with the leader of the opposition, I’ve been reminded it’s also the mother in laws birthday and a significant one on the day. I should have been more thorough with the initial application some 15 years ago

Oh, absolutely. What were you thinking 15 years ago..?

Fail to prepare and prepare to.........well, you know the rest.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The dates supplied by the club don’t seem correct. I have secured my two season tickets and my wife (seagull + member) has purchased two tickets in the same block already.
Maybe they’re not season ticket seats??

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Any accommodation recommendations for the weekend, folks? I’ve provisionally booked the Leonardo Waterfront for two nights for a grand total of 530 notes for a family room as I’m bringing the family with me to quell the flak I’ll get for ruining Mother’s Day, but it’s a little more than I wanted to pay for a rebranded Jury’s Inn.

Ideally I’d prefer to stay in central Brighton so we can do a few bits with the kids on the Saturday. Any thoughts welcome. Ta!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Oh, absolutely. What were you thinking 15 years ago..?

Fail to prepare and prepare to.........well, you know the rest.
Exactly I should have foreseen the issue, birthday checked, marriage outside of the football season check, but didn’t check the extended family birthdays or significance.

It’s a lesson to us all

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Any accommodation recommendations for the weekend, folks? I’ve provisionally booked the Leonardo Waterfront for two nights for a grand total of 530 notes for a family room as I’m bringing the family with me to quell the flak I’ll get for ruining Mother’s Day, but it’s a little more than I wanted to pay for a rebranded Jury’s Inn.

Ideally I’d prefer to stay in central Brighton so we can do a few bits with the kids on the Saturday. Any thoughts welcome. Ta!
See above, do you fancy taking my mother in law to a national trust site a day early and woo her enough to sleep in on her actual birthday?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
A friend stayed at the Claremont hotel which is 2nd Ave so very central in Hove . You are on top of all the nice restaurants and coffee shops plus seafront at bottom of the road . If you want to go into Brighton it’s 10 mins on a bus . Buses every 7/8 mins . You could of course walk along the seafront into Brighton in about 25 mins from there .

Personally I’d spend my leisure time in central Hove , it’s much nicer and less touristy / students etc

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Relatively short notice, against a team people expect us to steamroller, on TV, to book us a place at Wembley which will be a very pricey day out.

I very well may be wrong but I think we struggle to sell it out at £25. Obviously I’d be happy to be wrong. £55 for an adult and two kids is a fair chunk to a lot of people, especially when a lot of those people will be considering how likely we are to have at least one day out at Wembley on the horizon.
I suppose you could get yourself down to Pompey for a League One game for only £1 more. :ffsparr:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can't be arsed trawling through the rest of this thread so it may have been mentioned but Grimsby have to sign off on ticket prices and a £25 sell out will make them around £300k Mo way were they going to sign off on cheaper

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Most of those moaning will think nothing of buying a round of drinks in a pub for much more, they just want to moan, stupid just stupid. Go try and buy a theatre ticket for an average act. It will be far more.
Very much so. We had a Thai takeaway for 2 delivered last night. 43 quid. Just for a meal at home. There is absolutely no reason why our club should subsidize Pure White’s lifestyle choices, which is clearly his wish given the number of times he comes on here moaning about it. Everything is more expensive than a generation ago but 25 quid for an FA Cup QF ticket is incredibly good value in 2023. It costs 20 to 23 quid to watch Tranmere in L2. If people don’t want to go,then don’t. Personally, I would love the opportunity.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A friend stayed at the Claremont hotel which is 2nd Ave so very central in Hove . You are on top of all the nice restaurants and coffee shops plus seafront at bottom of the road . If you want to go into Brighton it’s 10 mins on a bus . Buses every 7/8 mins . You could of course walk along the seafront into Brighton in about 25 mins from there .

Personally I’d spend my leisure time in central Hove , it’s much nicer and less touristy / students etc
I prefer Brighton, more character, more culture, more history and less Americans :wink:

Being a glory hunter, I purchased my first FA cup tickets of the season. Absolute bargain :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I have never understood those that feel the need to be enticed to see us play lower league opposition. Fair enough if we are playing kids but back in the day, I loved the odd Northwich or Stafford batterings. I go to see Brighton win a game - not to idolise Salah or Kane. I wonder how many people who only want to see us play big teams get upset when people are after signatures from their players or applaud them off/on the pitch. The idea that you need to bribe people to come to an FA Cup Quarter Final blows my mind. I fully get that a lot of people can't afford it which is a sad reflection on modern society but I don't see how much lower than normal prices for such a high profile game can be a bad thing. It is the same price as some PPV boxing events which could last 10 seconds and you have to watch from home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here