Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
:correct:

I wouldn’t have gone either way, so it doesn’t effect me in the slightest. I did think it would £20 for adults and just under a tenner for kids though.

Yeah that’s fair enough, I’m probably wrong. I just think in the midst of a cost of living crisis they’ll be a few families who struggled to get the extra funds together.

£55 on tickets (plus any other expenses) is a lot for some people to stump up, especially if they’ve already budgeted their month out since payday. With an extremely kind draw I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few parents telling their kids that they aren’t going to Grimsby because they’re saving for Wembley, that’s all.
That's fair enough, obviously a lot of people need to make tough choices right now.

It may also mean that people who don't go to the Albion very often get the chance to a big game which can only be a good thing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Relatively short notice, against a team people expect us to steamroller, on TV, to book us a place at Wembley which will be a very pricey day out.

I very well may be wrong but I think we struggle to sell it out at £25. Obviously I’d be happy to be wrong. £55 for an adult and two kids is a fair chunk to a lot of people, especially when a lot of those people will be considering how likely we are to have at least one day out at Wembley on the horizon.
You must be having a laugh

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I imagine £25 is even steeper for away fans that pay far less regularly.
I’ve just had a look on the Grimsby website where their every day League games are £20. So, not, far less.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I imagine £25 is even steeper for away fans that pay far less regularly.
Their home game v Newport is average £20

This is the quarter finals of the FA cup including local travel fee. Hardly comparable, get real!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’ve just had a look on the Grimsby website where their every day League games are £20. So, not, far less.
Most of those moaning will think nothing of buying a round of drinks in a pub for much more, they just want to moan, stupid just stupid. Go try and buy a theatre ticket for an average act. It will be far more.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That's fair enough, obviously a lot of people need to make tough choices right now.

It may also mean that people who don't go to the Albion very often get the chance to a big game which can only be a good thing.

Very true. It's a great game to get somebody hooked.

On a similar note, I have a younger siblingwho despite being part of a football mad family had absolutely no interest in football themselves. However due to a last minute emergency they ended up at the last game of our Division 2 (now Lg1) winning season where we lifted the trophy against Swindon IIRC.

A few months later, in a valiant attempt to get them in to football they were taken to a pre-season friendly. When the game ended they looked around confused and asked when we'd get the trophy. They'd obviously assumed that the winner of every game got presented with a trophy. Hopefully there's no kids left thinking every game earns you a trip to Wembley this time next month. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
25 quid?

FFS. Bloom OUT!!!!

(Sorry I just soiled myself. I was momentarily transported back to 1969, when the increase from two bob to two an six caused a massive spasm of outrage. I'll get my, er, thingumy.)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Sure I read West Ham had to pay £45 at old Trafford in the last round

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Most of those moaning will think nothing of buying a round of drinks in a pub for much more, they just want to moan, stupid just stupid. Go try and buy a theatre ticket for an average act. It will be far more.

2 angry replies to my posts and even a little angry emoji. I'm quite frankly delighted that somebody having a slightly different opinion to you gets you this worked up.

I'm also glad you've managed to vent all your anger over 'I'm surprised at the pricing of the tickets' though. It's a much better outlet for all that pent up anger, wouldn't want you putting your fist through the drywall or strangling a neighbours cat.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
25 quid?

FFS. Bloom OUT!!!!

(Sorry I just soiled myself. I was momentarily transported back to 1969, when the increase from two bob to two an six caused a massive spasm of outrage. I'll get my, er, thingumy.)
BoB what is this money you speak of ?
were we in some kind of European gang back then ?
🤔😝

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
25 quid?

FFS. Bloom OUT!!!!

Indeed how very dare we pay to watch a team 8th in the top league in the World, play in a quarter final of a tinpot cup match regarded as the best domestic cup in the World, and pay a huge sum of £25 which also includes travel.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
2 angry replies to my posts and even a little angry emoji. I'm quite frankly delighted that somebody having a slightly different opinion to you gets you this worked up.

I'm also glad you've managed to vent all your anger over 'I'm surprised at the pricing of the tickets' though. It's a much better outlet for all that pent up anger, wouldn't want you putting your fist through the drywall or strangling a neighbours cat.
Some if not most think £25 to watch a quarter final of the best domestic cup in the World is more than fair. Others live in a different place. If you think it's too much, fine, watch it on TV. If we get through watch the semi and possibly the final too, again watch on TV in protest. Makes no odds to me.

However when we sell all our players and slip back down to L2 charging £20 to watch Newport on a Tuesday evening in January perhaps reality will hit home.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed how very dare we pay to watch a team 8th in the top league in the World, play in a quarter final of a tinpot cup match regarded as the best domestic cup in the World, and pay a huge sum of £25 which also includes travel.
Heaven forfend people look at the prices of Wembley tickets, should we fortunately win the game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Heaven forfend people look at the prices of Wembley tickets, should we fortunately win the game.
We really would never sell out our allocation, just would never happen.............ever. :rolleyes:

el punal

Relatively short notice, against a team people expect us to steamroller, on TV, to book us a place at Wembley which will be a very pricey day out.

I very well may be wrong but I think we struggle to sell it out at £25. Obviously I’d be happy to be wrong. £55 for an adult and two kids is a fair chunk to a lot of people, especially when a lot of those people will be considering how likely we are to have at least one day out at Wembley on the horizon.
Yes, I think you may well be wrong.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Some if not most think £25 to watch a quarter final of the best domestic cup in the World is more than fair. Others live in a different place. If you think it's too much, fine, watch it on TV. If we get through watch the semi and possibly the final too, again watch on TV in protest. Makes no odds to me.

However when we sell all our players and slip back down to L2 charging £20 to watch Newport on a Tuesday evening in January perhaps reality will hit home.

As I've stated in this very thread I wouldn't have been going if tickets were £250, £25, or £2.50 and I almost certainly won't be making the trip to Wembley either. I have put barely a penny in to the club since the introduction of VAR because I vehemently oppose to the experience of football being forced more and more away from the average match-going fan. Giving up a season ticket I had held since I was 6 wasn't an easy decision but I refuse to moan about how broken football has become whilst spending a grand a year on the product that I claim to hate.

Stoke charged £15 for adults, £5 for concessions and £1 for U-11's against us. Southampton charged £15/£5 against Grimsby. In the current financial market I think that should be applauded. I'm not sure if being one round further forward is enough of a justification for those prices. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me, it's an internet forum. It would be boring if we always agreed. If the game sells out then great, I'm glad. The pompous superfan schtick is boring though. The club aren't going to wank you off if you get shirty with enough people in this thread. Other people managed to have a conversation with me like adults, maybe you should try it some time?

Yes, I think you may well be wrong.

I hope I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here