[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
As I've stated in this very thread I wouldn't have been going if tickets were £250, £25, or £2.50 and I almost certainly won't be making the trip to Wembley either. I have put barely a penny in to the club since the introduction of VAR because I vehemently oppose to the experience of football being forced more and more away from the average match-going fan. Giving up a season ticket I had held since I was 6 wasn't an easy decision but I refuse to moan about how broken football has become whilst spending a grand a year on the product that I claim to hate.

Stoke charged £15 for adults, £5 for concessions and £1 for U-11's against us. Southampton charged £15/£5 against Grimsby. In the current financial market I think that should be applauded. I'm not sure if being one round further forward is enough of a justification for those prices. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me, it's an internet forum. It would be boring if we always agreed. If the game sells out then great, I'm glad. The pompous superfan schtick is boring though. The club aren't going to wank you off if you get shirty with enough people in this thread. Other people managed to have a conversation with me like adults, maybe you should try it some time?

I hoe I am

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Relatively short notice, against a team people expect us to steamroller, on TV, to book us a place at Wembley which will be a very pricey day out.

I very well may be wrong but I think we struggle to sell it out at £25. Obviously I’d be happy to be wrong. £55 for an adult and two kids is a fair chunk to a lot of people, especially when a lot of those people will be considering how likely we are to have at least one day out at Wembley on the horizon.
And once again my vasectomy pays for itself.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
As I've stated in this very thread I wouldn't have been going if tickets were £250, £25, or £2.50 and I almost certainly won't be making the trip to Wembley either. I have put barely a penny in to the club since the introduction of VAR because I vehemently oppose to the experience of football being forced more and more away from the average match-going fan. Giving up a season ticket I had held since I was 6 wasn't an easy decision but I refuse to moan about how broken football has become whilst spending a grand a year on the product that I claim to hate.

Stoke charged £15 for adults, £5 for concessions and £1 for U-11's against us. Southampton charged £15/£5 against Grimsby. In the current financial market I think that should be applauded. I'm not sure if being one round further forward is enough of a justification for those prices. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me, it's an internet forum. It would be boring if we always agreed. If the game sells out then great, I'm glad. The pompous superfan schtick is boring though. The club aren't going to wank you off if you get shirty with enough people in this thread. Other people managed to have a conversation with me like adults, maybe you should try it some time?

I hope I am.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
As soon as the draw was made I wanted to go. The prospect of £25 does not bother me given it is a quarter final and to see probably the best Albion side eve? Those Mariners fans will also add to the occasion.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
I don’t know if this is still the case, but as far as I know for FA Cup matches the ticket prices have to be agreed by both clubs. I know this used to be the case but might of changed. Anyway, no complaints of ticket prices from my point of view, not a gutty evening fixture, seeing the currently, 8th best team in the country with travel thrown in our tickets got, so bring it on.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
So just let me check here, first time getting guest tickets. Our usual group of 3 season ticket holders would like to bring a guest each. Reading the above will we all have to wait until the Wednesday if we want to sit together? Essentially taking the risk that it could sell out before that with STHs and Albion +? I guess the next question is how likely it is to sell out before we get those tickets

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
As soon as the draw was made I wanted to go. The prospect of £25 does not bother me given it is a quarter final and to see probably the best Albion side eve? Those Mariners fans will also add to the occasion.
Absolutely. They will easily sell there 4600 allocation. They took 4000 to Southampton during the week. Could have given them a bit more.
I haven't been to a match for a few years but will drag myself to this one. Looking forward to it very much

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So just let me check here, first time getting guest tickets. Our usual group of 3 season ticket holders would like to bring a guest each. Reading the above will we all have to wait until the Wednesday if we want to sit together? Essentially taking the risk that it could sell out before that with STHs and Albion +? I guess the next question is how likely it is to sell out before we get those tickets
Yes, you'll have to wait until Wednesday if you want to sit together.
You'll be able to look at how many tickets are left from Midday Monday to assess the risk of a sellout.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Very true. It's a great game to get somebody hooked.

On a similar note, I have a younger siblingwho despite being part of a football mad family had absolutely no interest in football themselves. However due to a last minute emergency they ended up at the last game of our Division 2 (now Lg1) winning season where we lifted the trophy against Swindon IIRC.

A few months later, in a valiant attempt to get them in to football they were taken to a pre-season friendly. When the game ended they looked around confused and asked when we'd get the trophy. They'd obviously assumed that the winner of every game got presented with a trophy. Hopefully there's no kids left thinking every game earns you a trip to Wembley this time next month. :lolol:
My sons first experience was last season where after losing to Everton at home (his first ever game) to the highs of beating Leicester to then going on that home run of results (we didn’t do Brentford Boxing Day) was a difficult sell for me! The club shop did alright out of it mind.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Reckon you’ll be fine but just won’t have a huge choice of where to sit. Other STH will be doing the same so should be plenty of seats around and just need to be quick when logging in on the day you can buy.

Don’t forget to allocate the guest tickets to the STH and not the guests themselves.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Relatively short notice, against a team people expect us to steamroller, on TV, to book us a place at Wembley which will be a very pricey day out.

I very well may be wrong but I think we struggle to sell it out at £25. Obviously I’d be happy to be wrong. £55 for an adult and two kids is a fair chunk to a lot of people, especially when a lot of those people will be considering how likely we are to have at least one day out at Wembley on the horizon.
Think you will be proved wrong.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I hope I am.
Since you were six? You didn’t give it up, you just had it bought for you in the early years. The amount of people quoting/questioning your comment tells you all you need to know. Just go back to being an armchair saddo. Oh, by the way, when I was last over for 2 weeks plus in 2019, I managed to see two always and one home, it can be done if you want to.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Half of the money goes to Grimsby doesn't it? £25 seems a fair amount. Also, I can't seem to buy my ticket in WSU, I click proceed but it just takes me to the tickets main page

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
🙄🙄🙄 £150-£250 tickets already available online

A107E994-81E7-45A1-B7B3-595DFD83F713.png

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The dates supplied by the club don’t seem correct. I have secured my two season tickets and my wife (seagull + member) has purchased two tickets in the same block already.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Since you were six? You didn’t give it up, you just had it bought for you in the early years. The amount of people quoting/questioning your comment tells you all you need to know. Just go back to being an armchair saddo. Oh, by the way, when I was last over for 2 weeks plus in 2019, I managed to see two always and one home, it can be done if you want to.

That would be a very good point if I didn’t pay for it from the age of 16 to 26 despite it costing pretty much every penny I had for the first few years. I also helped chip in towards my granddads season ticket in the last few years before he passed away as a thank you for him buying mine when I was little, But well done mate, brilliant point.

Not sure why tickets being slightly more expensive then they thought would make me a saddo, but I’m glad you did two always. I always wondered if it was possible to do two always in 2 weeks so that’s put my mind at ease.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Looking forward to game today!!! Come on the Albion!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports