Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA approach hodgson westbrom give permission to talk!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think we can all forget about his Liverpool nightmare as he never stood a chance with all the behind the scenes stuff that's going on there... King Kenny has proved that!

RH gets my backing and he has earn't the right to have a crack IMO... He has his work cut out with what he currently has with our aging egotistical players to choose from.... Hope he turns it around ASAP but I fear the Euro's are too early for him to have any early impact.

I wish him well all the same.. Right choice but poor timing... Cappello should have walked after our disastrous world cup display to give someone the opportunity to work with his selections.

Good luck Roy.

Lets have a look at the board before we start new threads shall we!

Harsh as there's no obvious thread about it on the first page and even harsher given you were too lazy to provide a link to the said thread !

Because that thread was soooooo obviously about the England managers job ! Lazy because you're having a go at someone for starting a new thread about a topic already being discussed yet you don't point them in the correct direction.
Threads now merged - with the more obvious thread title used.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Because that thread was soooooo obviously about the England managers job ! Lazy because you're having a go at someone for starting a new thread about a topic already being discussed yet you don't point them in the correct direction.

It wasn't exactly going to be on the NSC Help forum was it?

Perhaps the use of irony was too much, perhaps i should have said take a look at the thread just above this one on the board that we are currently on and you may see a thread that deals with this exact subject. Oh and just in case your too lazy to find it for yourself i have kindly post a link (to said thread, saving you just one click big fella!).

:flounce:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
From Twitter:

ENGLAND (4-4-2): Gween; Wichards, Tewwy, Wio, Bwidge; Gewward, Cawwick, Wodwell, Bawwy; Cwouch, Wooney

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
with 'Arry the FA would be constantly worried what adverse publicity was coming next (the only certainty being that it will happen and probably sooner rather than later). Not sure England need that. Not sure that football needs that.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Didn't the FA say they have a short list. Perhaps hodgson is being interviewed now as west brom have nothing to play for and Harry will be approached when season ends. Or perhaps compensation was too much for arry

Still think there are some twists to come in this yet

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
I think RH would be an excellent choice. He has international and european managerial experience. Ok his reign at Liverpool was poor but he was handicapped by the spectre of Dalglish hanging over him, he never stood a chance there.

Lets not kid ourselves we are a second rate nation in international football and very much the underdogs. Look at his achievements at Fulham (keeping them up and Europa league final) and look at his work at WBA (keeping them up last season and comfortably steering them to safety this season). To me who seems to get his teams very organised and difficult to beat and as an underdog at the euros this is exactly what we need. A tight compact unit (ok maybe not very entertaining) (but neither was losing 4-1 to Germany) who wont concede much and with Rooney up front (yes i know misses first two games) always capable of scoring.

Trust me I'd rather Roy over redknapp I think Harry wud b an awful choice. Only problem with Roy is u no u will get a negative boring approach n if he gets it wrong once the press/fans will hammer him! They seem to prefer losing playing gd football. I'd rather a younger manager for a young team and just let them have 3/4 tournaments to get it right!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Excellent news. Really hopes he gets it.

Experienced. A quality bloke. Knows the international scene. Learnt how to work with what you've got rather than relying on spending billions (ala Redknapp).

Anyone who throws 'liverpool' as some sort of anti-Roy argument is too swayed. He got next to no time with a POOR squad.
'king kenny' has thrown MILLIONS at that team and has a worse record than Hodgson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here