FA approach hodgson westbrom give permission to talk!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
well one thing is for sure, things are moving and i'm happy with that. I bet harry has reached twitchon 5 after hearing this!

ouzc5hjpg.gif

harry-redknapp-in-court.gif

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you want another dodgy car salesman type character as manager then, Yes. But it's a No from me. Although having said that, the 4-1 defeat of Holland in '96 under the other dodgy car salesman was probably the best England performance I've ever seen.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think RH would be an excellent choice. He has international and european managerial experience. Ok his reign at Liverpool was poor but he was handicapped by the spectre of Dalglish hanging over him, he never stood a chance there.

Lets not kid ourselves we are a second rate nation in international football and very much the underdogs. Look at his achievements at Fulham (keeping them up and Europa league final) and look at his work at WBA (keeping them up last season and comfortably steering them to safety this season). To me who seems to get his teams very organised and difficult to beat and as an underdog at the euros this is exactly what we need. A tight compact unit (ok maybe not very entertaining) (but neither was losing 4-1 to Germany) who wont concede much and with Rooney up front (yes i know misses first two games) always capable of scoring.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
would I rather have a respected if a little uninspiring coach with widespread experience, or a barrow boy who has spent his career on the cusp between bankrupting the clubs he has been involved with and dodging the tax man. If I was an FA Council member I wouldn't have any doubt about it - as a football fan and an Englishman, even less doubt. Roy Hodgson = right choice :thumbsup:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Right, anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for a PSG win away at Lille. I've missed out by 1 result about 6 times in the last 7 accumulators. I'm off to watch it on the internet. Goodbye.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I like Harry and I really like Hodgson. Hodgson has conducted his whole managerial career with sense, dignity, poise and humility. I hope he takes and gets the job and we do well at the Euros.

Harry can then get on with making Spurs a top 2 team. I like him too and their style of play is refreshing and good to watch.

ABU

TNBA

TTF

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I like Harry and I really like Hodgson. Hodgson has conducted his whole managerial career with sense, dignity, poise and humility. I hope he takes and gets the job and we do well at the Euros.

Harry can then get on with making Spurs a top 2 team. I like him too and their style of play is refreshing and good to watch.

ABU

TNBA

TTF

That sure is going to be difficult without Bale or Modric next season.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lets have a look at the board before we start new threads shall we!

Harsh as there's no obvious thread about it on the first page and even harsher given you were too lazy to provide a link to the said thread !

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
FA have now said Hodgson is the only one they have approached!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I got a couple of bob on at 4.2 on Betfair.......now trading at 1.46.

Good work the op.

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports