Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F1 - Monaco

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Blimey, so everyone is now turning against Hamilton? Hero to Zero pretty damn quick, oh well that's the British way. Build 'em up to knock 'em down.

Formula One would be a MUCH poorer place without Lewis Hamilton, yeah he's moaning a bit too much but Mclaren have been a bit amateurish on occasions this season and for a top team it's no more acceptable than Hamilton griping.

Take Alonso and Hamilton out of F1 and I'd stop watching

I prefer Button (mainly because we went to the same school, but different times) as he's a more intelligent and strategic driver but F1 needs the out and out racers like Hamilton, otherwise it becomes a bit of a procession. Never seen him make so many cock ups as today though. He's probably worried his missus is shagging his brother on one of the yachts..

D

Deleted member 2719

When Hamilton first started in F1 i thought the guy was something special...........then i read his book and i thought he is up his own arse.....................then i spoke to people who are friends with some of the Mc Claren team and they said " no one likes Hamilton because he isn't a team player".................then watching his body language and his sulking performances i understand it completely..................the guys a prick and i hope someone gives him a smack sooner than later hopefully Jenson will do the spoilt twat.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Never liked Hamilton but the sport would be poorer without him. He just comes across as if he has a divine right to be winning every race and the contempt for the other drivers he showed whilst racing yesterday was unbelievable. He always blames anyone but himself and frequently runs down his team on both the radio and interviews.

Much prefer Button who is a smarter driver on the track, seems very down to earth and genuinely appears to enjoy the position he is in

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. the contempt for the other drivers he showed whilst racing yesterday was unbelievable.
#

Wrong imo, he was overtaken by Schumacher in exactly the same place as he tried his overtaking manoeuvres, difference is he was a good enough driver to be aware what was going on and to get out of the way without causing a coming together. Massa is nigh on useless as a driver since Alonso had his balls last season and Maldonado is a novice. Interesting that a failed F1 driver (McNish?) was head of the stewards panel.

Mclaren have a good driver balance imo, the hothead and the smooth one. Either one or the other have been at the sharp end every race this season.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd have expressed my dislike before yesterday for sure. No doubting his talent at all but he's always given me the impression he's petulant and spoilt. He's in a highly privileged "job" and should recognise just how fortunate he is. Of course he's competitive, but losing with grace is something he needs to learn as is winning with grace too. Don't like his Dad either! Give me Jensen any day

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Never liked Hamilton but the sport would be poorer without him. He just comes across as if he has a divine right to be winning every race and the contempt for the other drivers he showed whilst racing yesterday was unbelievable. He always blames anyone but himself and frequently runs down his team on both the radio and interviews.

Much prefer Button who is a smarter driver on the track, seems very down to earth and genuinely appears to enjoy the position he is in

Don't like Hamilton either, but you have to remember the clerk of the course is listening in to all radio contact between teams so even after Hamiltons dodgy chicane manouvoure he would not admit fault on the radio for fear of the clerk agreeing with him!

Agreed re Button, he is by far an away an all round nicer guy too.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Sorry Mr Gull don't agree both passes at best had a very small chance of coming off with the Maldonado incident being the worst of the two. He may be a novice but that does not mean he has to move out of the way when the mighty hamilton pops up in his mirrors especially given he had track position. Hamilton was driving with frustration yesterday and was wreckless in some of his manoeuvres. Also whilst you discredit McNeish for issuing the penalties you seem to ignore Brundls and Coulthard who widely agreed with both penalties.

Hamilton is one of the best when overtaking but yesterday he was driving like a spoilt child

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
. Also whilst you discredit McNeish for issuing the penalties you seem to ignore Brundls and Coulthard who widely agreed with both penalties.

I got the impression that Brundle was in two minds but came down on the stewards side only because Di Resta had had a similar but heavier coming together earlier, and got the drive through.

I think what really gets me though is the way everything falls into place for Vettell race after race and I make no bones that I'm a big Hamilton fan so probably quite biased in his favour :shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I got the impression that Brundle was in two minds but came down on the stewards side only because Di Resta had had a similar but heavier coming together earlier, and got the drive through.

I think what really gets me though is the way everything falls into place for Vettell race after race and I make no bones that I'm a big Hamilton fan so probably quite biased in his favour :shrug:

I think most people think Hamilton was a breath of fresh air in formula one when he arrived but this season he seems to be moody and petulant and this attitude is finding its way onto the race track. Yesterday it looked like he was still carrying the frustration of what happened in qualifying.

There is no doubting his ability but he needs to temper his frustration as it is costing him dearly. I hope he does as when he is enjoying his racing he can mix it in the podium places. Vettell was very lucky yesterday as all the incidents came at just the right time for him and robbed the fans of a grandstand finish. Button had more reason to be frustrated given how the incidents impacted his race yet he was still very gracious in defeat

I am not anti Hamilton by any means but wish he would learn off his team mate of how to balance obvious talent with a more sporting approach to his position

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sorry Mr Gull don't agree both passes at best had a very small chance of coming off with the Maldonado incident being the worst of the two. He may be a novice but that does not mean he has to move out of the way when the mighty hamilton pops up in his mirrors especially given he had track position. Hamilton was driving with frustration yesterday and was wreckless in some of his manoeuvres. Also whilst you discredit McNeish for issuing the penalties you seem to ignore Brundls and Coulthard who widely agreed with both penalties.

Hamilton is one of the best when overtaking but yesterday he was driving like a spoilt child

His pass on Schumacher was the same as his pass on Maldonaldo, only Maldonado turned in on him. Schumacher was actually slightly closer to the apex. Thats the class difference between Schumacher and Maldonaldo I guess! Just funny how pass 1 is brilliant and pass 2 is twatish...

Pic 1, schumacher
Pic 2, maldonado

Attachments

• exhibit_a.jpg
    exhibit_a.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 132
  • exhibit_b.jpg
    exhibit_b.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 133

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Hamilton saw Schumacher take him at that corner and felt it was a legit overtaking place. If he had turned into the corner and held his line then MS would have had to have backed off but he took the cautious route and let him through. MS did the same when Hamilton went past him. Maldonado was doing what any other driver would have done and took his racing line at which point Hamilton should have backed off.

As for giving him a 20 second penalty which had no difference to the outcome, what was the point? Should have been given a 5 place penalty in qualifying next race instead. He was given a drive through for the first incident, he should have known not to do the same again.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I still think it was harsh, Maldonado was already off the racing line, covering and turns in early.

hamiltonmonaco2011t1.jpg

hamiltonmonacoturn1b.jpg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good detective work Turkey, Hamilton appears to have every right to be pissed off at some shit stewarding led by that failed F1 driver McNeish

As for the commentators, Brundle I like, he doesn't mind being a bit controversial, Coulthard, however, comes across a right goody two shoes to me, although he is pretty good at the job, if a bit dull.

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Nice one Turkey.

Just goes to show some people see what they want to see rather than the facts.

:amex::bhasign:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
crap stewarding is a problem in lots of motor sports, one rule for one and another rule for someone else, good stuff Turkey...send that to Lewis!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here