Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F1 - Monaco

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Got live practice #2 on my TV..nice! just started, love this classic track

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Usually the dullest but most glamorous Grand Prix of the season BUT with DRS and Kers Hamilton seems to think it may lead to some overtaking whereas Rubens thinks it's suicide to be allowing DRS through the tunnel (it has now been banned on that bit of track, good that the FIA does occasionaly listen to the drivers!)

Hopefully it will be a decent race for a change and maybe qualifying might be a bit more important this race?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Qualifying is always important here, the DRS & KERS has changed it for other tracks obviously, but even with them at Monaco its still easy too defend your lines.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Qualifying is always important here,

Used to be important everywhere but with saving tyres for race day becoming more important than the grid position, it'll be interesting to see how hard the top teams try for pole. I'm with you I think they'll really go for it this race.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Alonso nearly runs into his team mate :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah fridays a national holiday I think so there is no practice tomorrow.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Usually the dullest but most glamorous Grand Prix of the season BUT with DRS and Kers Hamilton seems to think it may lead to some overtaking whereas Rubens thinks it's suicide to be allowing DRS through the tunnel (it has now been banned on that bit of track, good that the FIA does occasionaly listen to the drivers!)

Hopefully it will be a decent race for a change and maybe qualifying might be a bit more important this race?

Definitely the dullest to watch, glamour does not come across too well on TV, not sure how DRS or Kers will make any difference here.
Only hope is the tyres/pit stops to make it interesting
Will probably do as usual and not even bother watching this annual slow procession. Roll on Montreal.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The one Grand Prix of the season where I really don't care if I miss it.

Yes it's historic. Yes it's stunning.

But my GOD, it's boring.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Am i correct in thinking that they will be able to use DRS in two locations this race? or was one of them the tunnel and that has now been scraped?

yeah the tunnels been scrapped for DRS, too risky for the drivers

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This distinguishes it from the rest of the televised traffic how exactly?

Well Turkey a couple of races ago was FANTASTIC so i'm just assuming you don't like the sport in general.

Which makes it odd that you've clicked on a thread clearly stating an F1 topic.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well Turkey a couple of races ago was FANTASTIC so i'm just assuming you don't like the sport in general.

Which makes it odd that you've clicked on a thread clearly stating an F1 topic.

El Pres will be along shortly with his F1 putdown as well I'm sure :thumbsup:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Big crash for Perez in qualy, held the session up for ages, been told he is conscious so hopefully he is ok.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hopefully jenson can NAIL seb vet frm the start and then preserve the tyres for a long overdue victory

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I see Lewis is blaming Mclaren tactics for his not getting in a banker lap, I would imagine he should have some input? Also blaming Massa for slowing him up having had a whinge about Schumacher and the Toro Rosso's holding him up in the last race.

My favourite driver but he is starting to sound like he's ready to spit his dummy out and needs to bite his tongue and get on with it imo.

Jenson is in a great position. Hope Alonso doesn't start like he did last week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here