Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Forgive me for being ignorant here, but I must have missed something.
I recorded the race Sunday morning and got up around 8 to watch it. Fast forwards the boring bits but the race was good. Sky comentary saying how Max was first but second place would be decided in the stewards room. Either way Max would not be champion with half points and LeClerc in third place could still, in theory, catch Max. Watch Max park up his car with no signs of World Champion anywhere. That's good enough for me and turn off the TV.
Later that day I put on SSN and see Max is world champion. How?
Went back to the recording to see Max being interviewed but still not WC. Then suddenly he is WC when LeClerc was punished, and yet we were told it would make no difference.

That's The Red Bull FIA for you :smile:

#childish cynic

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Forgive me for being ignorant here, but I must have missed something.
I recorded the race Sunday morning and got up around 8 to watch it. Fast forwards the boring bits but the race was good. Sky comentary saying how Max was first but second place would be decided in the stewards room. Either way Max would not be champion with half points and LeClerc in third place could still, in theory, catch Max. Watch Max park up his car with no signs of World Champion anywhere. That's good enough for me and turn off the TV.
Later that day I put on SSN and see Max is world champion. How?
Went back to the recording to see Max being interviewed but still not WC. Then suddenly he is WC when LeClerc was punished, and yet we were told it would make no difference.

They found a paragraph in the rules that were re-written after Belgium, to do with when to award maximum points. The FIA interpretation of their own rules was that the reduced points table only applied if a race was stopped and not restarted. Here it was restarted. Thus maximum points and with Leclerc 3rd Max won the title.

It seems to be a badly written rule rather than a deliberate one. Another nail in the coffin of the sport's integrity. Neither Max, nor Horner, nor anyone at Sky had any idea he was champion for a good while.

He would have won it in Austin anyway, however.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Helmut Marko is such a classless helmet with his digs

"Max is now a much more relaxed driver and much more mature, he will continue to look for performance and to improve, although he is not like Hamilton, he is not a record chaser."

I doubt Hamilton was when he had just the two titles, and Max's first will always go down as tainted too :rolleyes:

Appropriately for a man named Helmut, Marko is a massive bell end. He always strikes me as someone who tries to be as outspoken and blunt as Niki Lauda was but without the talent or charm. It's a shame that such a successful team is populated at the top end by such graceless, classless people.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Helmut Marko is such a classless helmet with his digs

"Max is now a much more relaxed driver and much more mature, he will continue to look for performance and to improve, although he is not like Hamilton, he is not a record chaser."

I doubt Hamilton was when he had just the two titles, and Max's first will always go down as tainted too :rolleyes:

Given that quote, I suspect [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] hangs on his every word.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It hasn't, I too have watched very little, its dull and predictable, my main motorsport passion has been historics, but thats not historic any more and lacks passion as all the enthusiasts have walked away, replaced by corporate bosses and semi retired pro's.

I tuned in to the last race of last season - the hype drew me in, and it was the first F1 race I had watched for decades.

I found it really entertaining, and brilliantly filmed and presented...until the ridiculous ending. I decided there and then that a sport that could award a championship to a driver who had been miles behind prior to the emergency car being deployed, but who was given a chance of a one lap shoot out on fresher tyres, was not for me. I have not returned, and will not return.

I like motorsports and I've been getting back into British Touring Car. It is sadly hidden away on ITV4 but is entertaining. You also have all the support races.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Red Bull have been found guilty of breaking Formula 1's budget cap by the sport's governing body, the FIA.

Red Bull exceeded the $145m (£114m) limit during 2021, the FIA said, adding that the offence was "minor", the lower of the two categories of breach.

This means the team exceeded the cap by less than 5%, or $7.25m.

Both Red Bull and Aston Martin were found guilty of a procedural breach of the cap.

The FIA said it was "currently determining the appropriate course of action".

Basically then Red Bull have been found guilty of cheating their way to the 2021 title by potentially spending up to $7,250,000 more than other F1 teams last season :annoyed:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Basically then Red Bull have been found guilty of cheating their way to the 2021 title by potentially spending up to $7,250,000 more than other F1 teams last season :annoyed:

Red Bull shocked and thinking of appealing. I wonder if their accounts team are cocks as well.

D

Deleted member 2719

As did the constant harping about how much better Russell was than Hamilton earlier in the season. It's gone rather quiet lately.

Its gone quiet for other reasons matey, not things I will be discussing with my detractors.

By the way, Hamilton is 27 points BEHIND Georgie porgie. There is nothing to see and nothing to say until you made an inquiry about me.

Are your surprised? I don’t think I’ve EVER heard Mouldy accept that he is or could be wrong

I think the suggestions that Lewis as the experienced driver was charged with trying different things to turn a dog of a car which was up there with the worst on the grid earlier in the season. Russell drove with the best set up they had at the time, hence he did better than Lewis early in the season as most things they tried on his car weren’t working.

Class will always out and credit to Russell (he does whinge as much as Lewis btw) for running Lewis close over the last couple of months. He is clearly an excellent driver but still not up there with the GOAT

In 1982 I did state we had 2 bottles of gold top and 1 silver top, one Tuesday when actually I messed up it was 1 gold and 2 silver.

I hope this helps change that myth Icy???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So Red Bull cheated and still needed a dodgy FIA decision to actually win either title last season?

D

Deleted member 2719

Given that quote, I suspect [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] hangs on his every word.

I ONLY hang on your words GB.

Why does everyone think I am a big RB fan???

Odd, it's like you have an impression of me, you just can not move from your brain.

The brighter posters really do understand, I am not one-dimensional and can look behind, under, over, around, within, and through things. You may even get to see my humour and empathy, and lateral thinking if you work on it, rather than following the sheep of society.

I understand you're not there yet GB, one day, just one day you may open up and discover a new world.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Odd, it's like you have an impression of me, you just can not move from your brain.

The brighter posters really do understand, I am not one-dimensional and can look behind, under, over, around, within, and through things. You may even get to see my humour and empathy, and lateral thinking if you work on it, rather than following the sheep of society.

I understand you're not there yet GB, one day, just one day you may open up and discover a new world.

I don’t think you’re a big Red Bull fan, I think you are a big fan of anyone who beats Lewis Hamilton :lolol:

You have been filling your boots this season!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I think that we have to accept your utter bias and hatred towards Hamilton.
As a result I just will discount every post you make about F1.
Congratulations on owning up to being wrong so many years ago but apparently never since.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Congratulations on owning up to being wrong so many years ago but apparently never since.

Blimey, if you are going to “discount every post” made by someone who has shown a bias against any driver then you will be ignoring a lot of posts - - - or does only bias against LH count?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

The crazy thing about the FIA F1 financial cap is that it ignores one of the most expensive team elements - driver’s salaries.

LH salary this year is £12m more than that of MV - virtually double that amount in 2021.

That would be akin to FFP regulations that ignored player’s wages!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Need to see the detail on this one. Red Bull saying they spent less than cap, FIA saying they spent more. I have a feeling this is all going to hinge on differing interpretations of specific parts of the cost cap rules, and there's no guarantee the FIA wins that. As has been shown so many times in the past (most recently with full points being awarded at Japan due to an oversight when they re-wrote the rules on how to allocate points) the FIA's rules often have loopholes so large you could race a bus through them.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Article on BBC F1 page here

Crucial bits:
Both teams have the possibility of appealing against the decision.
Potential penalties for a 'minor' breach include: a reprimand; deduction of drivers' and/or constructors' championship points for the season in question;
$5m is about half a second, $1-2m is 0.1-0.2secs, which can be the difference between second on the grid to pole.

The second one is interesting - if the punishment is 10 points deduction, driver & team, for the 2021 season, LH is now the world champion but we all know RB will only get a reprimand ....

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Blimey, if you are going to “discount every post” made by someone who has shown a bias against any driver then you will be ignoring a lot of posts - - - or does only bias against LH count?

Not sure that's what I said.
I just will discount posts by that poster who is so anti LH I just cannot accept their views.

D

Deleted member 2719

You really seem unable to spot humour, it's worth trying you know.

If I have any faults at all, it may just be I use too much humour.

D

Deleted member 2719

I see, so it’s just the level of bias against LH that concerns you, a similar level against any other driver is fine - ok, I’ve got it.

He is not the only one Creaky, you would think I was talking about a member of his family.
Malta, your not Anthony are you???

So many have expressed a hate for max or Horner, it's their decision, but I think it's all tied down to them protecting lewis, as if he needs it, he clearly loves the limelight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here