[Albion] Eye on the Championship 9/4/16

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro.mfc

Apr 7, 2016
After losing convincingly to us... Leeds have won 2 of their last 3 away games at Cardiff and Blackburn, and only narrowly lost out to Rotherham who are the leagues in form team. They will also bring a shed load of fans for a local derby against the top team. I quite fancy them to pick up at least a point away to the league leaders.

Middlesbrough, despite beating Hudds easily 'on paper' in their last home game, didn't actually play very well. It was a flattering scoreline and largely down to the quality of one player... Gaston Ramirez. Preston are a very tricky team to beat, very solid, and have won their last two away games. On paper Boro should win, but this is by no means a gimme and I wouldn't at all be surprised if Preston snuck a draw or even a smash and grab away win.

There are literally no easy games in this league, so difficult to predict.

Did you watch the match v hudds? The scoreline should of been 6 or 7 easily i have no idea what Paul Walsh was talking about as its been a long time ive seen such a 1 sided game. However i think preston will get at least a draw at our place or could sneak off with a 1 nil win.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Burnely, Derby and Boro looks a good three dead certs for an accumulator? Together with a Palace and Norwich draw?

Usually one goes awry though! Boro v PNE is the one thta might go down? (I think Boro will only get four points aginst PNE and ther game in hand against Reading at home.)

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Betting on a shock Boro defeat to Preston (even though Reach, who's in red hot form, can't play against his parent club :down) and Burnley to concede 2 quick goals during injury time and lose [emoji106]

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Boro v Preston stream so will be watching this afternoon. Punishment or reward for giving up 2 hours when I could be doing all the stuff she keeps nagging me about?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can't see us getting anything today.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just how mental is this division.

As they just said on Sky. Burnley win today puts then 4 pints clear at the top. Burnley lose today, and by the time they next play they could be 4 points adrift of automaticin 3rd

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Burnley are winning already.

A Betting Man

Apr 9, 2016
What resutls would suit us most this afternoon.

Obviously the direct helpers: We want Middlesbrough, Burnley & Hull to drop as many points as possible

But there is also a theory that in the run-in you want to play teams who have nothing to fight for (i.e. they can’t be promoted or relegated this season or they are already relegated or already promoted)

Of our last 6 games Forest and QPR are already in that ‘nothing to fight for’ category.

So what would help us this weekend?:

Prep for Fulham on 15th: (get them out of the relegation zone)
- We want Fulham to beat Cardiff
- We want Rotherham to beat MK Dons

Preparation for Charlton on the 23rd: (get them relegated before then)
- We want Charlton to drop as many points as possible
- We want Rotherham to beat MK Dons
- We want Bristol City to beat Sheff Wed

Looks like I've got more games to keep track of than I thought!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Come on dirty Leeds!

Screenshot from 2016-04-09 13:30:04.png

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"Come on Burnleh!" chant the inbred twats. There's a lot of decent football played in the Championship. It will be poor if these "soak it up and lump it forward" neanderthals win the league.

Leeds really are shite though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Burnley have been dreadful, Leeds won't score though IMO.

Barton gets away with a dreadful challenge there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports