Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eye on the Championship 9/4/16

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Personally I think it is Burnley we should be gunning for as I don't think we will catch Boro, especially after they soccer Burnley off the pitch on April 19th :thumbsup:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Personally I think it is Burnley we should be gunning for as I don't think we will catch Boro, especially after they soccer Burnley off the pitch on April 19th :thumbsup:

Exactly. Who cares in we don't win the trophy, 2nd is just as good as 1st IMO.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I have it on good authority the weekends results will be as follows:

Burnley 1 v 1 Leeds
Bristol City 1 v 3 Sheff Wed
Derby 3 v 0 Bolton
Fulham 2 v 0 Cardiff
Huddersfield 2 v 2 Hull
Middlesbrough 0 v 1 Preston

You heard it here first :wink:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Burnley 1 v 1 Leeds
Derby 3 v 0 Bolton
Fulham 2 v 0 Cardiff
Huddersfield 2 v 2 Hull

The Bristol one looks abouit right, can't say the others look spot on though sadly. Fingers crossed though.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Burnley 1 v 1 Leeds
Derby 3 v 0 Bolton
Fulham 2 v 0 Cardiff
Huddersfield 2 v 2 Hull

That's the spirit - hope springs eternal :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Burnley 1 v 1 Leeds

From BBC match preview

There has not been a draw between these sides at Turf Moor in the past 10 meetings, with Burnley winning four and Leeds six.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Nah, you're a smart chap, I can change your mind.
Yes, but right now we don't know which one. The best result would be for the lower of the two to lose, and right now that would be Burnley, right? The worst result would be if the lower team won, so a draw would be better than that surely?

Too smart to change my mind! But hang on, are we saying the same thing?

Absolutely we want the lower of the two to lose, I kind of thought that went without saying.

So, in order of preference

1. Team with more points smashes team with less points (doesn't mattter who's who)
2. Draw
3. There is no 3

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I also think Burnley will drop points- not at all impressed by what I saw of them last weekend and they have had their moment at the top. Come on Leeds!!!

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
After losing convincingly to us... Leeds have won 2 of their last 3 away games at Cardiff and Blackburn, and only narrowly lost out to Rotherham who are the leagues in form team. They will also bring a shed load of fans for a local derby against the top team. I quite fancy them to pick up at least a point away to the league leaders.

Middlesbrough, despite beating Hudds easily 'on paper' in their last home game, didn't actually play very well. It was a flattering scoreline and largely down to the quality of one player... Gaston Ramirez. Preston are a very tricky team to beat, very solid, and have won their last two away games. On paper Boro should win, but this is by no means a gimme and I wouldn't at all be surprised if Preston snuck a draw or even a smash and grab away win.

There are literally no easy games in this league, so difficult to predict.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Oh for an Andre Gray hamstring pull

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My money's on Preston to pick up a draw at Boro. They dominated their loss on Tuesday (freak result), and a win would have put them in the top 6 of form. They're 6th in the form away guide, having won their last two.
Huddersfield dont have enough for Hull, Burnley despite a slight dip will win.

I see the table like this on Tuesday Morning:

1 Burnley- 40- 80
2 Brighton- 40- 78
3 Middlesbrough- 39- 77
4 Hull -39- 73

Which is nice.

Not fair - I'd like the games to count as a game played and as for Hull getting 4 points for a win :angry:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Too smart to change my mind! But hang on, are we saying the same thing?
You tell me you're smart, so we must be, although you didn't say the same thing - maybe you were drunk.

Recap:
We can finish behind either Boro or Burnley and be in an automatic spot (think we need an outright winner from their encounter)
As things stand (in this ever changing picture) a boro win would be best for us, a Burnley win worst. It's certainly too early to say we want a winner (without specifying whom), the draw could be ok.
We'll have to disagree on that.

No idea why you disagreed really.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't think that Burnley, Middlesborough and Hull will all get a win.

In fact I'm predicting that none of them will win. If only I were allowed to gamble, I'd be stinking rich

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In fact I'm predicting that none of them will win. If only I were allowed to gamble, I'd be stinking rich
If you were betting that none of them win, you'd lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here