Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eye on the Championship 9/4/16

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wrote what I did because I knew that if I wrote "outsiders of the 3" someone would highlight that if Hull win tomorrow and we lose on Monday then they are three points behind with a game in hand and a better goal difference.
Stand by your convictions, don't worry about what others say. We're talking about right now, not if they win and we lose.

Lots of ifs, I grant you, and I completely agree that I see us as having a better chance than them, but they're still not quite out of it.
They're definitely not out of it, they could take second from us. They're the outsiders of the 4, that's all, and as you say, that could change by Monday.

In short: Boro and Burnley remain the clear favourites for the top two spots today. By Monday, who knows...
Indeed, and I can't believe how strong favourites Burnley are to beat Leeds. Are Leeds missing half the team or something?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Barton wont get so wound up as Leeds don't have anyone even half as good as Kayal to embarrass him and show him up for being the plodding never was that he is.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I wrote what I did because I knew that if I wrote "outsiders of the 3" someone would highlight that if Hull win tomorrow and we lose on Monday then they are three points behind with a game in hand and a better goal difference. Lots of ifs, I grant you, and I completely agree that I see us as having a better chance than them, but they're still not quite out of it.

In short: Boro and Burnley remain the clear favourites for the top two spots today. By Monday, who knows...

The way I'm looking at it is:

If we finish behind Hull we aren't going to be in an automatic spot (Hull won't overhaul both Boro and Burnley)

We can finish behind either Boro or Burnley and be in an automatic spot (think we need an outright winner from their encounter)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We can finish behind either Boro or Burnley and be in an automatic spot (think we need an outright winner from their encounter)
As things stand (in this ever changing picture) a boro win would be best for us, a Burnley win worst. It's certainly too early to say we want a winner (without specifying whom), the draw could be ok.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As things stand (in this ever changing picture) a boro win would be best for us, a Burnley win worst. It's certainly too early to say we want a winner (without specifying whom), the draw could be ok.

We'll have to disagree on that. Assuming we're still there or thereabouts when they meet then we need one of them done over to give us an opportunity to overhaul them.

A draw would only really be useful if we had somehow got ourselves ahead and were maybe eyeing top spot, but that's not likely

Of course, as has been said, that view will change a dozen times by Monday night

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'll have to disagree on that.
Nah, you're a smart chap, I can change your mind.
Assuming we're still there or thereabouts when they meet then we need one of them done over to give us an opportunity to overhaul them.
Yes, but right now we don't know which one. The best result would be for the lower of the two to lose, and right now that would be Burnley, right? The worst result would be if the lower team won, so a draw would be better than that surely?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's about time the Champions of Europe played like it.
We will!

We are Leeds, we are Leeds!

I still don't know any bloody songs.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Hull are in poor form and a loss or draw away at 'uddersfield might just confirm a 3-horse race.

With Burnley still having to play Boro, as do we, SOMEONE will be dropping points - but who?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We're not competing against Derby or Sheffield. 3 important games tomorrow.

We could be only 4 points ahead of Wednesday come close of play Monday

Plus if we end up in play offs, would prefer not to play Wednesday or Cardiff. Hopefully Ipswich then Hull in final for me

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Leeds are such a binary side, but I hope the good Leeds turn up and manage a point v Burnley.

Middlesbrough should continue to win but obviously it'll be another injury time 1-0.

Hull to slip up again, perhaps.

And onto Forest...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't see Burnley, Boro or Hill dropping points - but thankfully it's impossible to predict the outcomes so there is hope!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
My money's on Preston to pick up a draw at Boro. They dominated their loss on Tuesday (freak result), and a win would have put them in the top 6 of form. They're 6th in the form away guide, having won their last two.
Huddersfield dont have enough for Hull, Burnley despite a slight dip will win.

I see the table like this on Tuesday Morning:

1 Burnley- 40- 80
2 Brighton- 40- 78
3 Middlesbrough- 39- 77
4 Hull -39- 73

Which is nice.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With Burnley still having to play Boro, as do we, SOMEONE will be dropping points - but who?
Everyone.
We could be only 4 points ahead of Wednesday come close of play Monday
Sheffield won't stop us finishing second. They might finish above us, but only because we've not been good enough, and if we're not good enough then we'll finish behind a couple of other teams too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here