Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eye on the Championship 9/4/16

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Guess we are all pretty pissed off with Burnley and Middlesborough winning especailly by single goal. I honestly thought one of them would drop points today. Want this to be a three team race still come Tuesday morning.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Guess we are all pretty pissed off with Burnley and Middlesborough winning especailly by single goal. I honestly thought one of them would drop points today. Want this to be a three team race still come Tuesday morning.

Surely only as much as all the other teams are pretty pissed off we keep winning normally by the odd goal ?

A Betting Man

Apr 9, 2016
Obviously the direct helpers: We want Middlesbrough, Burnley & Hull to drop as many points as possible

But there is also a theory that in the run-in you want to play teams who have nothing to fight for (i.e. they can’t be promoted or relegated this season or they are already relegated or already promoted)

Of our last 6 games Forest and QPR are already in that ‘nothing to fight for’ category.

So what would help us this weekend?:

Prep for Fulham on 15th: (get them out of the relegation zone)
- We want Fulham to beat Cardiff
- We want Rotherham to beat MK Dons

Preparation for Charlton on the 23rd: (get them relegated before then)
- We want Charlton to drop as many points as possible
- We want Rotherham to beat MK Dons
- We want Bristol City to beat Sheff Wed

Looks like I've got more games to keep track of than I thought!

If you are searching for some consolation from today, all of the ‘nothing to fight for’ results that I posted went our way! That's a 60/1 accumulator that i wish i had done!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Nothing too surprising so move on. As a positive, surely Hull are out of it now despite the easy run in. Only won two of last 10 and don't see that they can recover form to win 5 or 6 from here. Third certainly should be our lowest position from here.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Yes I meant Burnley v Boro.

By this time next sat things could look very different.We have two games before Burnely play again.If we win the next two against Forest monday then fulham friday Burnley will travel to Birmingham 1 game and 1 point behind.That makes it game on.If they get no more than a draw then they go into
their next game against Boro at home and that's where we pull away from them.I hope.

Slightly bothered about Fulham - won three on the bounce.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Cardiff........and Birmingham, who still have six to play (18 points).

If we win on Monday then we're there. Birmingham won't be able to reach us & Cardiff would have to turn round minimum + 11 GD
Incredibly with 6 games left , lets face it, we've done it.*

*play offs i mean. We're still well in with top 2 chance obviously.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we win on Monday then we're there. Birmingham won't be able to reach us & Cardiff would have to turn round minimum + 11 GD
Incredibly with 6 games left , lets face it, we've done it.

Yes, if we win on Monday......which we haven't done yet!

But, on principle I agree with you - although mathematically possible to lose out, the worst case scenario now for us is the play-offs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know we are in with a shout for an automatic place but even play-offs is a monumental turnaround from last season.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Incredibly with 6 games left , lets face it, we've done it.*

*play offs i mean. We're still well in with top 2 chance obviously.

I thought most Brighton fans had got past the stage of being happy with the play-offs a while ago.Personally I and I think most fans
will be dissapointed it we don't get automatic promotion.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
If we don't get automatic I will still be happy with the playoffs. If we stay down it will be disappointing for a couple of weeks for sure. But I won't be suicidal and raging. We have had a great season. We aren't owed anything and I'll look forward with blind optimism to next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here