Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"exremely kind,gentle and soft spoken, the most humble young person I knew"

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
its just come to me where I'v seen all this before ......Cambodia and the Khamer Rouge they smashed up their history and filmed it

only the music was better

The Taliban blew up the Bamiyan Buddhas in 2001, destroying Afghanistans and world cultural heritage.

I guess this is why we only see ruins from all of history. The next civilisation smashes up the monuments from the previous ones.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Bunch of cucking funts. Can't be arsed to waste my time in them. I expect them all to die horrible deaths at the hand of more powerful weapons than their brains can comprehend.

This includes cartoons & pictures of humans & animals

Religion is the cause of most of the world's problems. Extreme anything is a real problem , including vegans

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
It's Jihadi John, who was also described as a "beautiful young man". Of course none of it was his fault, he was radicalized because of the treatment he received here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Taliban blew up the Bamiyan Buddhas in 2001, destroying Afghanistans and world cultural heritage.

I guess this is why we only see ruins from all of history. The next civilisation smashes up the monuments from the previous ones.
I don't think the Taliban or ISIS count as a civilisations, I'd say that civilisations don't do that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Guess who the research director of the LONDON based human rights group CAGE is referring to....?

Perhaps he was. But then he changed. Often the case.

Folk are merely expressing their shock at what has happened to him. Not excusing his actions.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think the Taliban or ISIS count as a civilisations, I'd say that civilisations don't do that.

Well you know what I mean, a wannabe civilisation in IS's case. They will never become one because they kill educated and skilled people like doctors, nurses, teachers and engineers etc etc. What they are doing is unsustainable. They are against the world, they kill their own fellow Muslims, and have more enemies than the Nazi’s.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Might be worth watching the interview for a bit of context (although I know context isn't important to a lot of people, particularly the OP, banish all Muslims etc)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31650427

Thankfully we all have you to tell us that context is important, because so many fail to see it. I did listen to it and as ever, it is all our fault. If we do not treat people as outsiders, then they will not behave as such. I could accept that, if all muslims behaved as the fanatics do. We are constantly told that the majority of muslims are loyal and law-abiding citizens, who contribute well to British society, and I can accept that. So, if this is true, then they are clearly not being treated as outsiders en masse, but it is the excuse of the fanatics and their apologists that it could not possibly be their fanaticism, which sets them apart, rather the intransigence of the host population. Doubtless, and sadly, muslims do receive ritual abuse, as do white people, lets not forget, but the British are largely a tolerant lot, and the idea that radicalism is basically our fault is a travesty.

When caught, alive if possible, put him in a field tied up with lots of hungry pigs.

I'm bloody sure that being eaten by pigs would be the worst thing an ISIS Jihadi could imagine.

If put there by women too that would be just dandy.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bunch of cucking funts. Can't be arsed to waste my time in them. I expect them all to die horrible deaths at the hand of more powerful weapons than their brains can comprehend.

This includes cartoons & pictures of humans & animals

Religion is the cause of most of the world's problems. Extreme anything is a real problem , including vegans

Oi! I'm a vegan and I'm not about to cause any aggro and nonsense.

I haven't got the strength.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Different time, different context but this reminds me a bit of Violet Kray - she thought her boys were a couple of lovely gentle lads who wouldn't harm a fly too.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Might be worth watching the interview for a bit of context (although I know context isn't important to a lot of people, particularly the OP, banish all Muslims etc)

Help me out here Mustafa. That bloke has said...and I quote "when we treat people like outsiders, they will inevitably feel like outsiders and they will look for belonging elsewhere..."

We gave this young man a British passport, we educated him, we gave him a place at a British university, he has the right to religious worship, freedom of expression, freedom of movement, freedom of association, the right to work, to marry, to have children. He has the right to go and watch football, he has the right to vote...he enjoyed all the freedoms that every British-born person has whether they're Jew, atheist, Sikh, Hindu or Christian...And that director mentioned one of the Nigerians who murdered Lee Rigby who he also knew...both these young men came from countries with far less freedoms and we, the British, welcomed them with open arms.

I'm struggling, I really am, to see the margins that he's been pushed to and who by within British society. As far as I can see, we've given him every opportunity to join in with this country and be a part of it. He's the one who chose to f*ck it up.

The responsibility is firmly on the shoulders of this young man and the crowd that he got involved with. It's about time the likes of Asim Quershi, the director who described him as 'extremely gentle' to acknowledge that because blaming it on the rest of us is a monumental cop-out.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Help me out here Mustafa. That bloke has said...and I quote "when we treat people like outsiders, they will inevitably feel like outsiders and they will look for belonging elsewhere..."

We gave this young man a British passport, we educated him, we gave him a place at a British university, he has the right to religious worship, freedom of expression, freedom of movement, freedom of association, the right to work, to marry, to have children. He has the right to go and watch football, he has the right to vote...he enjoyed all the freedoms that every British-born person has whether they're Jew, atheist, Sikh, Hindu or Christian...And that director mentioned one of the Nigerians who murdered Lee Rigby who he also knew...both these young men came from countries with far less freedoms and we, the British, welcomed them with open arms.

I'm struggling, I really am, to see the margins that he's been pushed to and who by within British society. As far as I can see, we've given him every opportunity to join in with this country and be a part of it. He's the one who chose to f*ck it up.

The responsibility is firmly on the shoulders of this young man and the crowd that he got involved with. It's about time the likes of Asim Quershi, the director who described him as 'extremely gentle' to acknowledge that because blaming it on the rest of us is a monumental cop-out.

Precisely.

Stands up and slow claps.

100% bang on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Time we started treating Mustafa's comments and opinions for what they are......

Either he is a misguided apologist for, or more likely in my opinion, a supporter of radical Islam.

Should I create a poll for people to have their say?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Shocking - these idiots will do anything to incite outrage, even if it is destroying their own cultural history. I really hope they are replicas rather than the real thing.

but its not just a case of doing something outrageous simply to incite outrage is it.

here is the same footage(nearly) with translations and the religious reasoning behind it.

yes you are right they are stupid, completely religiously stupid!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw this earlier, not sure why it's relevant to this thread though.

Shocking - these idiots will do anything to incite outrage, even if it is destroying their own cultural history. I really hope they are replicas rather than the real thing.

No they are not replicas. They are burning 3000 year old manuscripts, destroying history. This lovely kind considerate person is part of that. A well educated person has chosen to go to another country and destroy their education and history.
Where's the context?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here