Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yeah their tactics were... wrong.

For the first ten minutes I was nervous because they were pressuring high and overall playing ok. Then I saw Caicedo pretty much walk past their entire midfield with the ball, with multiple of options to play to, and I could sense the goals coming. They played a suicidal tactic, just like Southampton did. Walking straight into the trap, just begging to be shat on.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

For the first ten minutes I was nervous because they were pressuring high and overall playing ok. Then I saw Caicedo pretty much walk past their entire midfield with the ball, with multiple of options to play to, and I could sense the goals coming. They played a suicidal tactic, just like Southampton did. Walking straight into the trap, just begging to be shat on.

#Whoosh #teamslikeBrighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Frank Lampard on the verge of getting sacked, apparently.
His career as a manager must surely be over now. Frank as a manager is a idea, but nothing more.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Lampard very despondent.

Yup. It's Moises and Mitoma mostly. Mitoma creates absolute carnage. He's an unbelievable talent. His decision making, his pace, his control, his dribbling, his finishing. It's crazy to say it but he's a huge upgrade on Trossard. And Moises, well the stats don't lie. If he plays we have a chance against
He's said this before in press conferences. Says that he is never happy as there is always room for improvement.

Remember his response to Trossard scoring a hattrick at Anfield?....'Yes, but I want him to score more'. :lolol:
RDZ really does separate the performance from the result. He has very high performance expectations.

Mitoma just needs to think more about his heading technique but what a player

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

In the match report in the Daily Telegraph which was 90% about how bad Everton and Big Frank were, there was this one comment:

"Lampard stood pensive on the touchline as Brighton & Hove Albion reduced his side to training cones."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Me and my son tonight both agreed that previously we'd have missed all four of those chances tonight and Everton win 1 - 0 with the penalty :lol:

A slight exaggeration of course, but there's plenty of truth in it too.
Football is often a game of fine margins. On another day, one of their early shots goes in, the ball to Mitoma is cut out and we go in 1 down. It's not like Man City aren't miles better than Everton, and they failed to beat them at the weekend.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can someone please tell me last night's attendance please?

I can't find it !

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
"There are points within a game where you might be looking towards containment and trying to keep things tight for a while, but I don't think it works to have that mindset as a starting point. How do you grow if that is your consistent way of approaching these types of games ? I'm not sure you can. We've tended not to go down that route. We want players to believe they can win every game, and in order to do that, you have to prepare as if you believe you can win. So, we try to be consistent with that."

I'm not an Eddie Howe fan, and I'm galled at what he's done at Newcastle. But this quote could easily have come from RDZ could it not (with a few additional errrs and mmmmms)

Certainly doesn’t sound like something Potter would say, that’s for sure.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
From The Guardian's match report:
"Brighton, everything Everton are not in terms of their excellent recruitment, clear strategy, sound financial planning and intelligent style of play".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here