Everton v Albion
Venue: Goodison Park
Date: Tuesday 3rd January 2023
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Simon Long, Natalie Aspinall
Fourth Official: David Webb
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Additional VAR: Wade Smith
Everton will monitor Anthony Gordon and Yerry Mina, who both missed the draw at Manchester City with illness, and Michael Keane, who has a knee problem.
Midfielder Amadou Onana is suspended after picking up a fifth yellow card of the season in that game.
Brighton will give returning World Cup winner Alexis Mac Allister a fitness test but Adam Webster and Danny Welbeck remain sidelined.
Midfielder Moises Caicedo returns after being banned for the defeat by Arsenal.
Forward Deniz Undav, who missed that match for personal reasons, should also be available.
- Everton have won four of their five Premier League home games against Brighton.
- However, the away team won both fixtures last season.
- Everton have won just once in nine league matches (D2, L6).
- The Toffees are in danger of losing three games in a row at Goodison Park for the first time in almost two years.
- Frank Lampard hasn't experienced three successive home defeats in the Premier League as a player or manager since March 2001.
- They could become the first club to record 500 top-flight home defeats.
- Everton have lost three of their last five Premier League matches at Goodison Park when scoring first, including last time out against Wolves.
- Their seven Premier League goals at Goodison Park this season have been scored by seven different players.
- Brighton are aiming to win three consecutive top-flight away games for the first time in their history.
- The Seagulls have kept just one clean sheet in eight away matches in this season's Premier League.
- Albion have lost their opening league fixture in just one of the past 13 calendar years (W7, D5).
- They have never won away from home on a Tuesday in the Premier League in nine previous attempts (D2, L7). Their last away top-flight win on a Tuesday was in March 1983.
Roberto De Zerbi's Everton Press Conference