Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
"There are points within a game where you might be looking towards containment and trying to keep things tight for a while, but I don't think it works to have that mindset as a starting point. How do you grow if that is your consistent way of approaching these types of games ? I'm not sure you can. We've tended not to go down that route. We want players to believe they can win every game, and in order to do that, you have to prepare as if you believe you can win. So, we try to be consistent with that."

I'm not an Eddie Howe fan, and I'm galled at what he's done at Newcastle. But this quote could easily have come from RDZ could it not (with a few additional errrs and mmmmms)
Absolutely. Or the 18 other managers saying they want to win every game and so forth.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Shame about the pen - Colwill should’ve simply cleared then Sanchez mistake.
That aside, so many positives - Ferguson Mitoma Sarmiento Caicedo - Gross not missing a 1 on 1 is almost new territory for us……Wow. Just wow!
Biggest cheer all night for the home fans was from us when they scored. Worth it for that wonderful irony. I was in big trouble with the mrs. for this away trip but well worth it.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I can’t help but laugh at RDZ’s post match interview. 4-1 and he’s not happy with the performance, I guess it makes him the quality manager he is, but he barely looks happy about it.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Staying in hotel n Walton tonight so just back from a post-match drink. Fantastic away win - great from Caicedo, Mitoma and particularly Ferguson I thought. Whole team were good though. After his recent screamer, Solly was far calmer in front of goal with his finish tonight. I wanted to go to Goodison before it closes. Personally I loved the old ground, terraces close by etc. I liked the Fanzone and the locals were friendly. The view was rubbish but who cares when you win 4-1!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can’t help but laugh at RDZ’s post match interview. 4-1 and he’s not happy with the performance, I guess it makes him the quality manager he is, but he barely looks happy about it.
He's said this before in press conferences. Says that he is never happy as there is always room for improvement.

Remember his response to Trossard scoring a hattrick at Anfield?....'Yes, but I want him to score more'. :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Absolutely. Or the 18 other managers saying they want to win every game and so forth.
Yer Howe is nothing like de zerbi .... Castle were dour against us and from what I've seen they were dour against arsenal tonight ... 11 behind the ball. De zerbi is on another planet attacking wise. (maybe not defensively:) )

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just got in from an after match drink in the Everton Hub with my very, very bitter Evertonian buddies. The gloating was lush. :giggle:
Ha, good on ya…
I got some abusive messages from ex school mates, from I lived up that way many moons ago….
They really don’t like losing to #teamslikebrighton do they :ROFLMAO:

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
He speaks a lot of sense. He basically said that the performance is what matters and a winning killer instinct (he was annoyed that we conceded a goal) and went on to say how important it is to be ruthless (this is something I think we have always lacked) - evidenced by not winning our biggest ever trophy of the Championship with 3 games to go. I love the cut of RDZ's jib. He is going to make us a more ruthless team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here