Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Lallana, Maupay and Veltman are all on 4 yellow cards, a booking today rules them out of the Palace game as accumulated yellow card suspensions are competition specific. After the Everton game the threshold moves to 10 yellow cards before a suspension.

Now should one of those three pick up a yellow I wouldn't be against them picking up a second yellow in injury time, as red card suspensions apply to all matches and they'd serve the 1 game suspension against West Brom instead.

Maupay to pick up his second yellow of the day for over-celebrating his 95th minute winner!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Would have prefer maupay and welbeck with trossard behind. They have a terrible defence.

And maybe duffy to handle lewins headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
This!

and yet, it feels that every time I feel this way, somehow we fail to deliver.
Oh yes,... would love the boys to buck that trend.. but sadly a post coital doze is often a feature of recent seasons.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
From the PL

Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches, will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup.

Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in Premier League matches, up to and including their team's 32nd fixture, will serve a two-match suspension in the competition.

Edit - it is actually an up to date article I took that from so may as well link. 2 Everton players in the same position.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2287133

If that is case very surprised Maupay and Lalana playing. Especially with Bissouma not available for Palace game

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Looks a lively team - definitely happy with that.

I thought Everton played a blinder against us at the Amex - direct, no-nonsense football and gave us absolutely no space on the ball. They nullified us.

I think the key to success against this Everton/Benitez combo is to also go a bit more direct.

Certainly be good to see how Potter adapts his tactics based on the previous encounter.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
at least we won't go down without a whimper

I won't be devastated with a competitive defeat, no injuries or red cards. It's about the manner of our performance. We are ahead of par so if we are going to lose one, it can be this.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why? This game is just as important as the Palace game to the players and management - both games worth 3 points.

We'd all like us to win every game, but a nightmare out there today with stress injuries or suspensions could hurt us after three games in a week.

That said, GP and the sports scientists will have monitored things very carefully so fingers crossed.

anyone notice the bbc preview? they seem to think Everton is in London..Quote "Brighton have drawn their last 5 away matches in London"....doh :)

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
1 away defeat in 9 this season.

I just have a feeling we are going to win comfortably today.

0 - 3.

Plus, playing with confidence and our finishing has improved so I should feel the same way but much like the 'we are due to give someone a hiding' comment I don't think that's the Brighton way. Another entertaining 1 - 1 is my boring prediction.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
They've had a 17 day break & we lose to them last time. Not feeling optimistic here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here