Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see Naylor tweeted the same thing but a few replies seem to think his info is wrong and that the cut off point has been and gone or has already been reset?

T'was ripped from Naylor.

So with this being the 19th game, is it a free-for-all! :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

31 years old. (So younger than half of Utd's squad)
Second EPL game, previously refereed Wolves v Bumley.

Good Lord, he’s a CHILD. Boooooooo

:lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Heads down and a defeated look can only encourage the opposition and their fans? I do not have a degree in emotional intelligence (in truth I hardly understand what it even means) though so just a guess :smile: We very seldom look resigned after we concede, Villa apart where heads definitely went down when we conceded the first imo

I guess he has them believing that conceding first is not a catastrophe. Do you remember when it was obvious once we went behind that is was unlikely we were coming back.

Stat I heard during the Brentford game was also interesting, we have not lost a game this season where we took the lead.

There is clearly something is this emotional intelligence guff :lolol:

That all makes sense. There's no harm in guessing. I think you're right. After Welbeck scored against Chelsea, I noticed one Chelsea player hold his hands up in an 'Oh my God' gesture, and I think another one collapsed to his knees. Not the sort of body language you want to see if you want your players to stage a late, late comeback.

That stat you heard during the Brentford game is interesting - it suggests the new resilience is being applied throughout the whole 90 minutes, and not just in late comebacks. What - may - be happening is that is manifests itself more in the late stages of a game when the opposition is tiring. I took particular note of how Tuchel, amongst his many whinges, said his players were exhausted after the game.

I'd really like to find out more about how this all works, as it seems to be that that is what is happening. It's working.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Shame it’ll have to be a dodgy stream but looking forward to it

I found it interesting that GP said that they worked on the body language as part of our resilience in the late comebacks.

Love the fact that he takes whatever comes without whinging too, clearly rubbing off on the players. The only time I recall seeing him irritated is at media questions.

ken.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I took particular note of how Tuchel, amongst his many whinges, said his players were exhausted after the game.

I'd really like to find out more about how this all works, as it seems to be that that is what is happening. It's working.

Mentally exhausted? Prima Donnas aren't used to not having it their own way all the time.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I see Naylor tweeted the same thing but a few replies seem to think his info is wrong and that the cut off point has been and gone or has already been reset?

From the PL

Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches, will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup.

Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in Premier League matches, up to and including their team's 32nd fixture, will serve a two-match suspension in the competition.

Edit - it is actually an up to date article I took that from so may as well link. 2 Everton players in the same position.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2287133

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Please could someone remind me why Dunk is out?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Mentally exhausted? Prima Donnas aren't used to not having it their own way all the time.

Indeed. I don't think Tuchel realised he was inadvertently paying us a compliment when he said that. We stretched them all over the pitch, Cucurella (or Cucaracha if you're Paul Merson) being the stand-out example. We wore them out !

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If we play like we did last week we win. Be great to start 2022 off the back of three decent results.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If we play like we did last week we win. Be great to start 2022 off the back of three decent results.

It's a big if, but you're absolutely right.

Wish it wasn't Everton though!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's the oldest undeveloped ground in the Premierthingy these days?

Goodison must be close.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Team selection will be interesting. With FA cup following week no worries about bookings or resting players. Changes because he will not want some players to play all 3 games during this period

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here