Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever met someone famous who turned out to be a total arse?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Cliff Richard - self important conceited tosser.

Lionel Blair - wanted to do someting unspeakble to my cherry.

He gave me his, same with Bobby Charlton whos seems to be difficult to get.

Problem is i have hundreds of autographs but there made out to me so are not really worth much, not that i think i would sell them
My nephew (who was about five at the time) once accidentally kicked a football over a hedge into what turned out to be Bobby Charlton's garden. A few seconds later, the great man appeared, clutching the ball - and offering to autograph it.

My nephew's grandmother (or my mum, as I called her in our house) was very impressed. Sadly, the five year old hadn't got a clue who he was.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Saw Jimmy Summerville dancing around in a Bar in Camptown about 2 years ago. Admittedly I was a bit smashed at the time, but I couldn't help but notice he had a earphones on while he was jumping about. Unsurprisingly, I decided to go & ask him what he was listining to - so I went over & tapped him on the shoulder. He swung round (looking thoroughly pissed-off by my intervention); took an earphone out & shouted: "There's no need to be so aggressive." I nearly burst out laughing tbh, but stiffled my gaffaws to retort with: "Aggressive? I haven't f-ing started yet!"

Turns out the odious, potato-headed tosser was listening to his OWN MUSIC as he skipped around. Classy...

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Eddy Izzard: completely snubbed me and walked past with a look of contempt when I told him I'd just enjoyed his Edinburgh show. I've found it hard to enjoy his act ever since.

My father in law worked with Bob Monkhouse, who he said was the nicest guy you could meet, and Lenny Henry, who he said was one of the worst.

The nicest celeb I've met personally is Barry Cryer - extremely funny, very humble, and generous with his time.

I also stood behind Timmy Mallett on the way in to Eastbourne Borough v Oxford United two seasons ago. Seemed pleasant enough to me.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
met derek warwick at nice airport,smashing fella,a couple of minutes later bumped into murray walker,miserable as hell

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I also stood behind Timmy Mallett on the way in to Eastbourne Borough v Oxford United two seasons ago. Seemed pleasant enough to me.

I'll be extremely disappointed if he wasn't wearing a CRAZY shirt & glasses combo.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
At uni I had a bar job in the function rooms of the Grand Hotel in Bristol, so I met more than my fair share of Z-listers. Some were absolute gents (Eric Knowles the antique expert for one), people like Darren Day and Ross King were bennys but perfectly amiable. But the king of the complete A-grade arsehats was Bobby Davro. Ridiculously unpleasantly rude and though himself hilarious.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I never really wanted to slag a local legend, but I will.

25 years ago, I used to be Steve Ovett's postie, when he had a cracking appartment in Montpelier Crescent (No. 27 I think).

He was very rarely there, obviously due to his career.

But now and then he was, and he was a grumpy, self important egotist of the highest order. Used to call him Mimi at the PO.

Still loved him when he won gold though.

Oct 2, 2008
Shane Warne at Goodwood FOS this year. Top bloke , happy to sign an autograph and pose for a photo even though clearly in a hurry (who would want to keep Ms Hurley waiting !).

Dizzee Rascal on the other hand was a total cock. Moody , arrogant and no real interest in interacting with the public.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I met Matt King (Peep Show's Super Hans) in the Basketmaker's Arms once and thought a photo posed with him would make a fantastic facebook profile pic so after a little Dutch courage went over and asked if he'd be so kind as to oblige.

He told me he had just come out for a quiet drink and didn't really want any fuss but if I came back in a bit after he'd finished his pint he'd see what he could do. So I went back to my mates and about 45 minutes later tried again, only to get the exact same response.

Sensing this was obviously just an excuse and I was never likely to get my photo I decided if I couldn't pose with him I would at least sneak a photo of him drinking in the pub as near enough proof I'd met him. I casually stood at the bar pretending I was sending a text, aiming the camera for the best shot but of course I'd forgotten to turn the shutter sound off and on taking the sneaky pic it was very obvious what I'd done.

He leapt to his feet and asked me in no uncertain times what did I think I was doing. I explained I was only after a photo as I was a big fan and he DEMANDED to see my phone so he could delete the not so stealthily taken photo there and then.

I can appreciate it must be frustrating to have people bother you all the time when you just want a quiet catch up with your mates, but on this occasion I really was the only person to actually approach the guy (perhaps everyone else already knew better) and his "come back in a bit" spiel gave me hope that I was going to get my wish. If he'd just said "nah mate, not gonna happen" I'd have slumped off and forgotten about it. If he'd have just let me take a photo he'd have got it out of the way in seconds and not been bothered again.

It was his aggressive stance when I took the cheeky photo that really made me think "wow, this guy is a dick" but in truth I can't help but feel I was probably a bit annoying in all honesty.

Lives in the same street as my sister who reckons he is as nice as pie. Possible had a few sherberts when you met him

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I used to be a parking attendant (Traffic Warden), so the times I met Mark McGhee, Dick Knight and Michel Kuipers were difficult occaisons.... It was too late for McGhee and for Knight, but for Michel? Oh no. In the end, he signed my pocketbook and we shared a very manly (on his behalf, atleast) handshake. What a hero. McGhee was a prick, but then I expected no more. I "jokingly" said that it was "for Stoke"... He didn't find that funny. To this day, I still think that is the single funniest thing I've ever said. I also met Tommy Fraser during those days, he was giving it large with his mates about hating traffic wardens and the like, I just looked at him and said something along the lines of, "I know who you are, Tommy". He shut up, which was a bit suprising.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Although it pains me to say this i met my hero Gary Stevens in Tunbridge Wells at a dinner dance once years ago and he turned out to be the most arrogant self loving cock i've ever met !! SORRY BUT TRUE !!

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
According to a mate of mine, Rod Stewart and Jason Donovan.

After Feeder played at the Portsmouth Pyramids this year, we went round the tour bus area to meet the band. Before they came out, we spent the time chatting about bands we met.

One of my mates mentioned Donovan claiming he was arrogant, while Stewart signed a poster for one of his mates, only to put on it "F*CK OFF" instead of his name.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I met and am still good friends with Ricky Gervais (yes i know its hard to believe but i've done other things in my life ) i met him way before he was famous he was my mate Micks boss at the University Of London Union. Ricky was the Ents Manager.
We shared a night of mental drinking games at a certain University (remains nameless) and ended throwing a fire extinguisher through a window among other things.
Whenever i meet up with Ricky and Mick (which is very rarely now) it inevitably ends up in a hideous mess in a back street pub in London where people are too smashed to even notice who he is !!
Good lad though and a proper laugh !!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I used to be a parking attendant (Traffic Warden), so the times I met Mark McGhee, Dick Knight and Michel Kuipers were difficult occaisons.... It was too late for McGhee and for Knight, but for Michel? Oh no. In the end, he signed my pocketbook and we shared a very manly (on his behalf, atleast) handshake. What a hero. McGhee was a prick, but then I expected no more. I "jokingly" said that it was "for Stoke"... He didn't find that funny. To this day, I still think that is the single funniest thing I've ever said. I also met Tommy Fraser during those days, he was giving it large with his mates about hating traffic wardens and the like, I just looked at him and said something along the lines of, "I know who you are, Tommy". He shut up, which was a bit suprising.
You deserve any shit you ever got, f***ing parasite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here