Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever met someone famous who turned out to be a total arse?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Patrick Bergin (not that I was expecting much) This sweaty, bloated has-been knows a few of the same people as me and seems to spend his time getting drunk, beligerent and leering at women in The Lion and Lobster. He's a total **** and this is only made worse by wanky Brighton AmDrammers kissing his arse. A f***ing drunken mess.

Oh and John Nettles, had the misfortune of working with him, a very rude man indeed.

Julian Glover, I worked with him but I cannot figure out if he was a tosspot or beiing funny but he said to the director after taking some direction "I have been acting since before you were even though of". What had the director asked him to do? Wait until "Action" before starting the scene. That's pretty tossy I guess.
My wife gave him horse riding lessons, her verdict was he was a bit full of himself (understandably I guess) and a bit thick :lolol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Oh and John Nettles, had the misfortune of working with him, a very rude man indeed.

QUOTE]

so your the second person on here to have worked with him and think he's an arse. (I see there's a third nomination for him now too). Is he the leader (alongisde steve coogan)?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Keith Floyd , Total prat, Met him when he was filming Floyd on Fish, No manners, arrogant, and needed FOUR takes to cook Seafood Provencial, then blamed his researcher for preparing it wrong.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I think, as a club, we are very lucky to have CMS. I have met him a couple of times and he has always been very friendly and never rushes off.

Also, as a role model, you can't fault his attitude on the pitch of chasing everything for 90+ minutes. He may have off days, but he still gives 100%.

Was lucky enough to have a bit of a chat with CMS before one of the pre-seasons at Worthing this summer. He parked his car up & went to the house that he'd parked outside to ask if it was ok (what a gent) he then walked with me & my friend up to the ground abandoning his mates to chat with us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

QUOTE]

so your the second person on here to have worked with him and think he's an arse. (I see there's a third nomination for him now too). Is he the leader (alongisde steve coogan)?
To be fair, my missus didn't say he was an arse, just a bit dim. Does that still count?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Keith Floyd , Total prat, Met him when he was filming Floyd on Fish, No manners, arrogant, and needed FOUR takes to cook Seafood Provencial, then blamed his researcher for preparing it wrong.

Yes although not first hand. When I was working as a runner year ago I heard many stories about him being VERY difficult. I think the drink had taken hold by then though.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Barry Sheene at Brands Hatch in 1994. He was a complete diamond and I can honestly say I've never seen a man held in more affection by 25,000 odd people. Despite Steph, his wife, demanding that he didn't go anywhere near a bike - I actually persuaded him to do a lap on a works Shell GP 500. The whole place erupted. He really was a top, TOP bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here