Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

English Football’s Biggest Clubs : REVEALED!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Awaiting majors measured views on this :tantrum:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Not necessarily the right order, but the top 20 looks about right. It's once you go below 20th position that the list gets more subjective. Because it is weighted towards past achievements without any particular recognition of recent history, the list can then look distorted. Certainly given current parameters in terms of both league status and indeed attendances, Brighton should be quite some way above 50th and certainly above teams like Plymouth Argyle, Barnsley, Millwall and Oldham.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The critical missing element seems to be recency. There is no weighting to reflect the changing nature of football since the war say and certainly since the mid 60's where football changed forever (TV, changing soci-demographics etc etc)

This. It's a rather big omission but not that hard to build in.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Factor in that Brighton went through a backroom and stadium crisis, and ten-twenty years later average 30K a game pushing for the Premiership. And you might get different results :thumbsup: Seriously, I doubt other clubs will go through that AND thrive in the future like we are.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Factor in that Brighton went through a backroom and stadium crisis, and ten-twenty years later average 30K a game pushing for the Premiership. And you might get different results :thumbsup: Seriously, I doubt other clubs will go through that AND thrive in the future like we are.

It's fair that the points system is built on what's happened rather than hypothetical scenarios such as if Archer and Bellotti turned out to be saints, or if Withdean Stadium was a 20,000 stadium.

Awaiting majors measured views on this :tantrum:

Correct me if I'm wrong but we could win the Champions League 10 years on the trot and still be below you based on this :facepalm:

Ps - Shouldn't there be a 25 points deduction everytime a team enters administration and a further 100 point deduction if they shaft the St.John Ambulance ?

6 points for a FA Cup win is actually 12 points as you will get another 4 for an FA Cup appearance plus another 2 for a Semi Final appearance. Does average home attendance take into account away fans % ? What about batting and bowling bonus points ?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ps - Shouldn't there be a 25 points deduction everytime a team enters administration and a further 100 point deduction if they shaft the St.John Ambulance ?

:clap: So, so true.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Oldham bigger than Swansea?

Christ almighty.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
Correct me if I'm wrong but we could win the Champions League 10 years on the trot and still be below you based on this :facepalm:

6 points for a FA Cup win is actually 12 points as you will get another 4 for an FA Cup appearance plus another 2 for a Semi Final appearance. Does average home attendance take into account away fans % ? What about batting and bowling bonus points ?

We'd still be bigger than Brighton :thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Even Millwall are above you !!
Why we're on about point deductions, maybe you should deduct 25 points for the clappers/ song sheets, and 50 points for the shitter.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't think the OP has a girlfriend.

Otherwise I concur with this ludicrous league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here