Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

English Football’s Biggest Clubs : REVEALED!

D

Deleted member 18477

I'd rather watch a repeat of the playoff semi final with Holloway than sit doing that 'maths project'

Jesus Christ.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Probably because, as I suspect from his username, the OP is a Leicester fan.

I know - he biggest underachievers in the Football League currently are Wolverhampton Wanderers, Portsmouth and Plymouth Argyle who are all two divisions below their ‘natural level’. I think he fancies himself as a bit of a pundit.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
History is just that - history. You're always going to come unstuck when you look at things over a long period, as people use their current knowledge. Why not use a multiplier system to create more points for the last 5 seasons etc.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
West Brom above N Forest,winners of the European Cup on 2 occasions???

would like to see revised stats,say since 1960

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
He blocked me on twitter.

The moron is saying big clubs SHOULD be in the Premier league because of their history. I was pointing out that no club should be anywhere unless the performances dictate, but the silly twit didn't seem to understand that.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Shocking.

We are bigger than Leicester for a start.
Topping last seasons attendance table.
4 Promotions this Millenium.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
On the whole it's not far off, but there are some anomalies which need sorting. You are discounting too many variables.

On attendances you should come up with a points system per season and per division based on how far above/below a club's average is in relation to the divisional average. This would take account for a general shift in the populararity of football i.e when crowds dipped in the 80s and when they shot up in the 90s, and it would show up when big clubs like Man City were getting 30,000 crowds in the 3rd division and small clubs like Wigan or Oldham getting >20,000 crowds in the top division.

As THRK says, you need to put some weighting on time elapsed since the records began. That will give you a more accurate figure on the current table, and it will also allow you produce a table for each season since the records began showing clubs that are upwardly mobile or on the slide. I'd be interested to see how Fulham and Charlton did in that respect.

I'm sure there are many other ways to improve it, that is just off the top of my head.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
As soon as I saw Bury were a bigger club than Brighton that stopped me reading anymore.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Shocking.

We are bigger than Leicester for a start.
Topping last seasons attendance table.
4 Promotions this Millenium.

got a mate who's a Leicester fan,when we started playing them in the old Div1 & 2,he once said,what's it coming to,were even losing to Seaside Rovers now,cheeky f*****

I wouldn't say were bigger than Leicester,potentially yes,but not yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here