Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England World Cup Squad?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Its rather annoying at the start of the season we had two flying Right wingers that most teams would be jealous of now we have SWP

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Robinson
James
Green

Johnson
Brown
A.Cole
Bridge

Terry
Ferdinand
Carragher
King

Lennon
Milner
Johnson
Lampard
Gerrard
Carrick
Barry

Rooney
Defoe
Crouch
Heskey
Owen

That shows how good a manager you would be he can only play a at a push a game every other week for Spurs (i.e one in 14 days). Yet in a tournament where to win it you play 7 games in 31 days at an average of a game every 5 days roughly, you would take him. What is he along for the sight seeing ???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Its rather annoying at the start of the season we had two flying Right wingers that most teams would be jealous of now we have SWP

Walcott hasn't played much this season, hopefully a run in the arsenal side will get him back to what we know he's capable of. It's a bit unfair to dismiss him from the squad based on 1 dodgy performance last night.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
James
Green
Hart

A. Cole
Baines
Terry
Ferdinand
Johnson
Brown
Lescott

Gerrard
Lampard
Barry
Carrick
Milner
Lennon
Beckham
A.Young

Rooney
Crouch
Defoe
Owen
Agbonlahor

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
?
?
Paul Robinson ?

?
?
Wayne Bridge ?
Michael Dawson
Rio Ferdinand !
?

Theo Walcott
Stevie Gerrard
James Milner
Frank Lampard ?
Michael Carrick
Gareth Barry !
David Beckham
Aaron Lennon
Shaun Wright Phillips
Stewart Downing ?

Wayne Rooney !
Jermaine Defoe
Peter Crouch
?

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That shows how good a manager you would be he can only play a at a push a game every other week for Spurs (i.e one in 14 days). Yet in a tournament where to win it you play 7 games in 31 days at an average of a game every 5 days roughly, you would take him. What is he along for the sight seeing ???

I dont want him to play 7 games in 31 days though.

But if i need him for 1 or 2 games id rather have Him than Upson, Lescott, Jagielka, Shawcross.

You really dont engage the brain before spouting of do you ?

50% of the squad will be there effectively sight seeing as you call it.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Green
Hart
James

Brown
Johson
Terry
Ferdinand
Lescott
Upson
A. Cole
Baines

Lennon
SWP
Lampard
Barry
Carrick
Gerrard
Milner
Beckham

Rooney
Defoe
Heskey
Crouch

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Heskey's got to go; regardless of how many goals he (doesn't) scores for Villa, it's thanks to his partnership with Rooney that we qualified so impressively. That and playing a proper winger for once - if fit, that's got to be Lennon. Walcott/SWP/Milner as backup - probably the latter on form.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I dont want him to play 7 games in 31 days though.

But if i need him for 1 or 2 games id rather have Him than Upson, Lescott, Jagielka, Shawcross.

You really dont engage the brain before spouting of do you ?

50% of the squad will be there effectively sight seeing as you call it.

Because of the nature of injuries and suspensions nearly every player in a World Cup winning squad will play at least some part of some game...you can carry no pasengers.

How do you not know that in the first game Rio gets injured for the tournament and Terry gets sent off and gets a subsequent three match ban. How can you possibly have in your squad a man whom can play one game in 14 days. Also with King's record of being unfit. How can you be sure he is going to be fit for the one (or more) games that you need him to be? Because of his record that he has to be patched up for nearly every game in all probability he won't be.

Still this is all conjecture, as thank goodness you are not the England manager. I also see you picked Carragher as well, you obviously didn't notice him getting roasted at the back for Liverpool in the Champions League earlier on this season and a man who has clearly lost at least a yard of pace.

Thank goodness we have Capello in charge and not you, Carragher/King central defensive partnership :lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
rooney and defoe CANT play together. there is no focal point for the attack and with no big bastard to worry about, defences concentrate more on rooney which means he is less of a goal threat

you need to take those two (defoe as back up to rooney) and two target men as the four strikers - id go with heskey and crouch

taking zamora would be akin to sven taking walcott in 2006

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The firs post is there abouts.

but are people really suggesting Brown? the man is a liabliity at club level. Take Mich Richards. even if he migth still be as error prone he's a much better player.

Walcott wont go on current form, take 5 strikers, with Zamora out side but crdible bet if he maintains form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here