Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** England v India *** 2nd Spicy Test at Lords 17th -21st SS2 11am

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He was a poor keeper and he was dropped for Tim Ambrose.

Prior went off and worked with Bruce French and earnt his place. There is no point in chucking a half ready Butler in. I suspect they will get Prior through this summer and whoever keeps in the Windies next April will be the one they go with.

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun. A score would help Prior's cause.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another record falls - Jimmy now has the most test wickets ever for England vs. India (63, overtakes Underwood).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
India in a real spot of bother here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dhoni on nought and Cook elects to make a double change with Ali and Broad now on? England have them at a vulnerable position and elect not to ram home the advantage with Anderson. Puzzling

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm not sure Prior was a poor keeper when he made his debut, he was decent but improved.

I'm not sure dropping him for Buttler due to poor keeping makes much sense as Buttler's a far worse keeper than Prior was when he started and got a bit of stick for his keeping in the recent ODIs. But we are as screwed for keepers as we are for spinners at the mo. If you were purely going to replace Prior from this team you may as well pick Foster who is a proper keeper and put Stokes at 7 but i'm not sure they'll persist with the current balance for much longer

Sorry, he was rubbish at the start, he worked very had hard and became an adequate keeper, but no more. He was a very very good all rounder though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
5 down :clap:

MS Dhoni c Prior b Broad 1

Jadeja booed by the crowd.

COME ON JIMMY

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Broad gets Dhoni for ONE.

:lolol:

Fair play, I was more puzzled about why Ali was bowling. I would have though now is the time England to go for the jugular with the best bowlers on.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I envy the crowd there today - Oh to be at Lord's! We've taken 3 after lunch, the booze will be beginning to kick in and Jimmy is ready to resume his fight with Jadeja. Glorious.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And now booed off :lolol:

RA Jadeja lbw b Ali 3

India in more than a spot of bother here. 128/6

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Cook, I was NOT expecting Ali to bag a wicket at this point. So after getting heavily booed Jadeja departs without facing Anderson - I suspect the series might start to get a little feisty now.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Prior at his peak wasn't adequate he was the best wicket keeper batsman in the world. Granted Sangakarra had stopped keeping by then. But in 2010/11 when we won the Ashes down there, Prior and Haddin were probably on par going into it and Prior came out of it on top. His form has dipped in the last year/18months, but he didn't get his place back because he was an "adequate" keeper, he got it back because prior to that dip in form he could have walked into any test team and been an important player for them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did make me smile that Jadeja got booed by lords :)

This pitch looks tricky, 3-3.5 days test match?

It should flatten out, and the green glaze will leave the wicket fairly quickly. It was a very wise decision to bowl first. Pitch is likely to be hard though, so some turn later. It's basically a good test match pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here