Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** England v India *** 2nd Spicy Test at Lords 17th -21st SS2 11am

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Big call that.

Jimmy and Broad have got to do this business this first session, or England will be chasing this game for 5 days.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
No Jordan, hopefully he can now play for Sussex tomorrow night at the Ageas bowl.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Kevin Pietersen, though, has this to say: "Must bat if toss is won...Lords will be flat when ball is 20overs old!"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
England win toss and BOWL

Hmmmm. I think Braggfan had it right re the weather conditions, but in any case whatever happened to "When you win the toss – bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague – then bat." Did that theory actually die with Grace?

50-5 at lunch if I'm wrong. A lot more than that for 0 or 1 if I'm right.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Blimey - I've just see the photo on the BBC website. That wicket is very green. Could be a great toss to win.

Hmmmm. I think Braggfan had it right re the weather conditions, but in any case whatever happened to "When you win the toss – bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague – then bat." Did that theory actually die with Grace?

50-5 at lunch if I'm wrong. A lot more than that for 0 or 1 if I'm right.

Actually scratch my other post. I've just seen that photo too. Looks like Wish Road in April

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Actually scratch my other post. I've just seen that photo too. Looks like Wish Road in April

I hope they haven't lurched too far the other way from the other test and this is going to be a minefield. I'm not sure I've seen Lords with such a Greentop in a while, it could still play fine - the wickets at Lords tend to be very, very flat.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anderson shoved Jadeja and Anderson if found guilty could miss up to 4 tests under the totting up of infringement points system
I'm assuming the Indian cricket board wouldn't be so hypocritical as to insist video evidence be admissible? ???

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Jimmy strikes in 3rd over.

Dhawan c Ballance b Anderson 7

India 11/1 :clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another milestone for Jimmy - that wicket takes him past Fred Trueman as bowler with the most test wickets taken in England (230).
:clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jimmy's just bowled a 'Girls Aloud' there - five maidens in a row, one a real cracker.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Are we starting to worry about Prior missing a few chances in this and last test? I know the pitch was tricky at Trent Bridge, but can't remember him ever missing so many in the past.

I can - he was bloody awful in his first spell as England wicket-keeper. There was a series against Sri Lanka where he barely held anything.

But I take your point, unfortunately, I think his body might just be starting to let him down. I think we'll be seeing Buttler sooner rather than later.

Good news for Sussex though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Second wicket down

M Vijay c Ballance b Plunkett 24

India 48/2

2 catches for Ballance :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here