Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England squad for Nations League

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
At nearly 29, Dunk won’t get another call up.
Southgate had him in a couple of squads previously, and obviously had a close look at him, and that speaks volumes.
The training footage of Rashford taking Dunk to the cleaners, haven’t helped his cause either.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So he selects Mings as a left footed CB but also Dier as a defender who must be one of the worst current eligable candidates and no genuine left back?

****ing hell. What a shit squad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The same Michael Keane that gifted Kosovo the lead after 34 seconds, then switched off twice as the Czechs beat us 2-1.

This goes beyond Dunk / White, the lad Keane is UTTER gash.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've long since said England will never win anything in my lifetime . . . as Long as Palarse boy is in charge he won't pick any Brighton players. Fine by me, our progress is far more iportant than any national footballing embarassment.

We probably won't and I don't care. Just adding something to a tournament would be nice. A few nice moves and decent goals, like the other teams do.

Having a team which you feel like you can get behind would be nice too. I grew up loving England as much as Brighton. The gulf now is enormous, but I don't think it should have to be this way. England should be easy to support. We have scintillating attacking players, which is sort of annoying, because they're good enough to keep a poor manager his job, but not good enough to progress against top ranked sides in major competition.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
In a selfish way I’m actually happy, ****ing Southgate doesn’t deserve him anyway and even if he put him in the squad he’ll probably just leave him to rot on the bench. I’m sad for Dunky because he deserves it, it’s sad that simply because he plays for us he won’t be selected by that absolute moron but at least it means we have him without the risk of international injury.

The fact Dier & Keane are being selected ahead of him, is total garbage as you’d struggle to find a single fan in the league who would prefer either of those players over Dunk, and that includes their own fans! Same goes for Tarkowski, he was outstanding last season.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I am trying very hard not to wear my blue and tinted glasses but the omission of Dunk from the squad combined with who has been picked ahead of him is ridiculous.

My wife is Irish and so my son has always supported both countries. That has now changed and he is fully behind Rep of Ireland. I think I may join him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Grealish must be getting tempted to phone the Football Association of Ireland with an apology.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In a selfish way I’m actually happy, ****ing Southgate doesn’t deserve him anyway and even if he put him in the squad he’ll probably just leave him to rot on the bench. I’m sad for Dunky because he deserves it, it’s sad that simply because he plays for us he won’t be selected by that absolute moron but at least it means we have him without the risk of international injury.

This is the point. On a purely Brighton and Hove Albion perspective, it's probably good, but **** that. Dunky is the best English defender and deserves to represent his nation.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ex Palace player Southgate has shown his true gutless transparent colours by selecting Harry Maguire, what example is that to include a player currently languishing not in a lower table premier league team but a greek prison cell....

Southgate, I gave you a chance, you threw back in my face, your just like the rest them....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So he selects Mings as a left footed CB but also Dier as a defender who must be one of the worst current eligable candidates and no genuine left back?

****ing hell. What a shit squad.

SOUTHGATE ON PROBLEMS AT LEFT BACK

"We will need to be adaptable for sure. The injury to Ben Chiwell, Luke Shaw also injured, Danny Rose – we felt at this moment in time his performances need to be a little bit better.

"We have got options in players that can play on the other side and have played in that position before. It is not ideal but we can look at something tactically if needed. But it is definitely a position that is up for grabs."

bdb.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To get some perspective, I think that a line-up of Pope, TAA, Chilwell, Gomez, Maguire, Mount, Henderson, Sterling, Kane, Sancho and Foden would take some beating but if we do make a Final it will be in spite of Southgate, not because of him.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
At nearly 29, Dunk won’t get another call up.
Southgate had him in a couple of squads previously, and obviously had a close look at him, and that speaks volumes.
The training footage of Rashford taking Dunk to the cleaners, haven’t helped his cause either.
Not a Palace thread. Do one thicko. Oh but btw Dunk's been on the winning Brighton side v Man United so your theory, as ever, holds about as much water as the crumbling roof on your hovel of a stadium.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
To get some perspective, I think that a line-up of Pope, TAA, Chilwell, Gomez, Maguire, Mount, Henderson, Sterling, Kane, Sancho and Foden would take some beating but if we do make a Final it will be in spite of Southgate, not because of him.

Would be beaten by most of the worlds top 10 quite easily imo, even more so with Gareth the Melon as manger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here