[Albion] England squad for Nations League

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What a strange selection.

Maybe Dunk called Southgate a shit Palace prick the last time he was called up.

Brighton tinted specs aside though, it's still a very strange squad. Three right backs and no left backs. Dier, a player who was decent but hasn't been for at least 18 months. A championship midfielder but no Grealish who single handedly kept Villa up.

And then there's Maguire. Remember when Sterling was dropped from the squad because he had handbags with Gomez at the training camp? How is it that a flash in the pan scuffle gets you dropped but Maguire gets arrested and charged on multiple counts in a foreign country yet still gets selected?

It's all very perplexing.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not a Palace thread. Do one thicko. Oh but btw Dunk's been on the winning Brighton side v Man United so your theory, as ever, holds about as much water as the crumbling roof on your hovel of a stadium.

I thought it was with all the Palace references :lolol:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Mings must be pretty embaressed in training at Villa, He is only a premier league player because Grealish kept Villa up!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Would be beaten by most of the worlds top 10 quite easily imo, even more so with Gareth the Melon as manger

I'm interested to know why you say that, given 3 of that side are regulars for Liverpool, a number of the younger players have reached finals with England development sides before, Kane and Sterling are proven goalscorers at the highest level, and there are genuine threats off the bench in Rashford, Greenwood, Grealish.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Love supporting my country and think Southgate has done a great job and created a team of hungry youngsters - But how Lewis Dunk isn’t in there considering gym he’s clearly been the best English CB for the past season is beyond me. Poor.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I thought it was with all the Palace references [emoji38]ol:
You've no answer again. Time and time again you get made a complete tit of on here. Why do you persevere?

I guess you're a sub who thrives on being humiliated. Each to their own I say!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I'm interested to know why you say that, given 3 of that side are regulars for Liverpool, a number of the younger players have reached finals with England development sides before, Kane and Sterling are proven goalscorers at the highest level, and there are genuine threats off the bench in Rashford, Greenwood, Grealish.

Because despite having a lot of talent, it is very unbalanced. We’ll win games due to the quality of the attack, but against a team with a decent central midfield we won’t be able to get the ball wide. The defence is a real issue with no ‘world class’ centre backs, which again will be exposed at the top level. Add in numpty Southgate and you can see the problem

Edit: plus our ‘world class’ full backs can’t defend which is a problem when the Fridge is the next line of defence

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
SOUTHGATE ON PROBLEMS AT LEFT BACK

"We will need to be adaptable for sure. The injury to Ben Chiwell, Luke Shaw also injured, Danny Rose – we felt at this moment in time his performances need to be a little bit better.

"We have got options in players that can play on the other side and have played in that position before. It is not ideal but we can look at something tactically if needed. But it is definitely a position that is up for grabs."

View attachment 127659

Yep, obviously he could have put Charlie Taylor in the squad ..............

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You've no answer again. Time and time again you get made a complete tit of on here. Why do you persevere?

I guess you're a sub who thrives on being humiliated. Each to their own I say!

You really have anger issues don’t you ?
Chill out, it’s a forum ffs :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With the season that Wolves have had, I would've thought 27 year old Conor Coady would've done enough to get a cap by now.

He's represented England on 39 occasions at U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 levels. Club captain at Wolves.

I'd put both him and Dunk comfortably ahead of Keane and Mings.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With the season that Wolves have had, I would've thought 27 year old Conor Coady would've done enough to get a cap by now.

He's represented England on 39 occasions at U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 levels. Club captain at Wolves.

Yes, Coady ticks all of the 'Southgate Criteria' boxes.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Southgate is absolute clown, no time for him or England (never ever thought I would say that)

Come on Belgium!!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Me too. Coady is decent - far superior to ****in Mings.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Get Eddie Howe in.

Genuinely not a bad shout. Looked shattered at the end of his Muff days, which is largely what may have led to their downfall. Perhaps international football and it’s less intensive nature could be a good fit for him. Not the biggest fan of him personally but a very good coach nonetheless whose seemingly worked well with and got the best out of British players in the past

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Would be beaten by most of the worlds top 10 quite easily imo, even more so with Gareth the Melon as manger

The thing is that that those players should be competitive with any international side in the world. Southgate doesn't offer much evidence he can find the blend to get the best out of that attacking talent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports