Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England squad for Nations League

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
How has he got it so wrong, AGAIN. Why is he letting his biased towards certain clubs get in the way of picking the best sides for the country?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Mings and Keane in instead of Dunk, Coady, or Tarkowski. These squads are picked entirely on blind loyalty to the same players over and over again. Base it on form and Dunk, Coady, and Tarkowski have been far better this season.

Even though i dont rate Mings i'll let that one slide as he doesnt have many caps and maybe Southgate wants another look at him, but Keane has been dogshit this season in an under performing Everton team but seems to sneak into every England squad.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Even Dier is a strange decision?

What has Lewis done..

Or better put, what does he have to do? Clearly playing for a “big” club isn’t the requirement. Would love to hear Potters thoughts on this.

Dier looked a donkey when at the amex this season. Couldn't get into Alzate's shadow, let alone get the ball off him. No wonder we always go out the first sign of decent opposition

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Southgate :lolol:

Remember how good our midfield used to be, now we are picking Kelvin Phillips & Winks. :facepalm: And I’m sorry but HOW Eric Dier gets in the England squad I will never know, turning circle of an oil tanker and I don’t remember the last time he had a good game for his club.

Wait WTF I hate the t**t but how isn’t Grealish in that squad??

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Mings and Keane in instead of Dunk, Coady, or Tarkowski. These squads are picked entirely on blind loyalty to the same players over and over again. Base it on form and Dunk, Coady, and Tarkowski have been far better this season.

But then he brings in Phillips?

It’s a really weird one.

And honestly, if you’re bringing in Philips, then why not Ben White?

Still, utterly,scandalous that slab head gets arrested and still gets ahead of Lewis. Not to mention that clown Mings. Wouldn’t have him in our defence in a million years.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
To be fair I’m no fan of him, but how Grealish hasn’t got a shot is ridiculous too.

He's got a stupid hairstyle and can't pull up a pair of socks but he's a decent player - kept Villa up almost single-handed

That's probably an even more bizarre omission than Dunk is

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But then he brings in Phillips?

It’s a really weird one.

And honestly, if you’re bringing in Philips, then why not Ben White?

Still, utterly,scandalous that slab head gets arrested and still gets ahead of Lewis. Not to mention that clown Mings. Wouldn’t have him in our defence in a million years.

Indeed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The ONLY reason Grealish doesn't make this squad is his drunken rampage episode, except Maguire has done something even worse and is in.

And if you're inclined to pick a Championship player then why would it be Kalvin Phillips who is entirely unproven at the top level and not Ben White? There is not one Prem manager who would have Michael Keane over Ben White, and the majority would probably take White over Mings too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Southgate is a numpty who flattered to deceive and got found out as soon we came up against a decent team. Just another manager who keeps picking his favourites or ex players. What has he ever done as a manager?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Amazing scenes.

Used to have some respect for Southgate. But that squad is a complete and utter joke. Ignoring Dunk aside, some of the donkeys he's picked are beyond belief. Plus Maguire?!

Just, wow.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The ONLY reason Grealish doesn't make this squad is his drunken rampage episode, except Maguire has done something even worse and is in.

And if you're inclined to pick a Championship player then why would it be Kalvin Phillips who is entirely unproven at the top level and not Ben White? There is not one Prem manager who would have Michael Keane over Ben White, and the majority would probably take White over Mings too.

Has he genuinely got an issue with our club, or Ashworth or something like that? Is it the way he left the England role to join us?

Hate to go down that route but it’s such a strikingly bizarre omission.

Because as you say, Ben White over any of that lot on potential.

And Dunk over any of that lot (except Gomez and Slabhead)

And I’m sure most Pl managers would agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here