Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England Euro Squad announcement

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
And we know some players are included before the announcement. How is this? Have the players confirmed it online or to the press themselves?

If so, how unprofessional
Agents / Friends / Family etc. In the days of whatsapp group chats its impossible to keep that sort of news quiet.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
No Rashford..
Good. Wouldn't rely on him when the going gets tough, illustrated by the way he 'limped' off when Coventry equalised in the semi and missing games in Europe through 'illness.' 'His' (yeah right) school dinner campaign elevated his status to somewhere between Mother Theresa and Ghandi and resulted in a huge contract at Man United which he's done little to justify. He's also extremely greedy, he rarely passes even when a team mate is in a better position to score.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He started his career at Palace and was there for years.
And made less appearances there than at any of his other clubs. The 'Southgate is Palace' argument against him is f***ing laughable. It's like saying 'Lawrenson is Brighton'.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why is it being called 'provisional'? Same for the German squad. Am i wrong or is the squad 26 players this year?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
My favourite is

*fringe player who won’t get any minutes in the Euros gets picked over other fringe player who wouldn’t get any minutes*

“See? This is why we won’t win anything with that waistcoat wanker in charge!”
The Waistcoat Wankers would be a helluva name for a band. Solves any debate about what to wear on stage as well. Or a gang in a remake of The Warriors ...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Considering how long he's been in charge it's pretty depressing our first xi is probably going to contain one right-back playing a left-back and one right-back playing centre midfield

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well done Lewis.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Scenario - The Final of Euro 2024, Berlin

Jordan Pickford is sent off in the last minute of extra time. Lewis Dunk is given the gloves for the penalty shootout.

After 9 penalties, England lead 5-4. Pascal Gross steps forward to take the 5th German penalty against Dunk...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A distinctly average and underwhelming looking squad for one of the favourites.....until you get to the Forwards, when it's 'can we play all of them please?'.

I guess there's some versatility in our cover. TAA can cover at right back, Bellingham can drop into midfield etc. But it still feels unbalanced.

Well done Dunky though and good luck at training camp!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
33 Players - Really??

so a quarter of these "in the squad" callups won't be going.

Pretty sure Lewis will be one of the names axed.
I suspect it’s because of the FA Cup and Champions League so a decent amount will be recovering I imagine

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
And made less appearances there than at any of his other clubs. The 'Southgate is Palace' argument against him is f***ing laughable. It's like saying 'Lawrenson is Brighton'.
Well done to all the players picked.

I am a palace fan and although I remember all to well Southgate at Palace, I see him as a Boro player and manager and would associate him with them if I am honest. His never really been back to palace in any shape or form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here