[Albion] England Euro Squad announcement

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Can't really argue with those four Palace players being in. We always say we want to the manager picking players on form rather than reputation or club.

Wharton particularly looks like a generational talent.
Yes you can. It's total Palace bias, as its often been with waistcoat.

Guehi maybe, though been injured a lot.

Henderson is short and shit, he's not in top 3 English keepers and not in if not at Palace.

Wharton has been pretty good, and shows some future promise, but despite Palace fans drooling hes done OK without being brilliant imho, "generational talent" is OTT from half a season, and to use such language reserved for the likes of Kane or Foden on Wharton today is daft, and I've seen him a good few times, nothing to suggest yet the level of an England call up yet or being ready to go straight into a euros.

Eze is a decent player, but he's not better than Olise imho and he's not in the same conversation as England's dirth of quality attacking options, of which there's many.

This is Southgates gratuitous bias without even trying to hide it anymore.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Feel sorry for Dunky. When he was at his peak he never got a look in. Now he's older and (possibly) showing some cracks, he's been considered. I fear his England chances are over now, with plenty of younger talent coming through.

He lost out in the ridiculous period where M.Keane, Mings and Tarkowski scooped caps. At the time LD was their equal or better as a defender, less error-prone than Keane/Mings and his distribution was far better.

Sadly his form’s on the decline and he fluffed his lines in the last two England games …. he looked nervous to me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think Dunk makes it, i think he deserves it too. I realise though that unless there a lot of injuries he wont kick a ball

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1716292386821.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"He always picks the same players"

Apart from when he doesn't.
My favourite is

*fringe player who won’t get any minutes in the Euros gets picked over other fringe player who wouldn’t get any minutes*

“See? This is why we won’t win anything with that waistcoat wanker in charge!”

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I know I’m in the minority on this but I think Branthwaite is one of the most overrated players in the league. He looks good defensively as he has to do a lot of it playing for a Dyche team but from what I’ve seen so far, he is terrible on the ball and offers nothing to a team who wants to play passing football.
You'd think so from this season but at PSV he was decent with the ball at his feet.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
26 is way too many players to be taking to a tournament.

You'll have at least 10 who will barely play. What's the point of them being there?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know I’m in the minority on this but I think Branthwaite is one of the most overrated players in the league. He looks good defensively as he has to do a lot of it playing for a Dyche team but from what I’ve seen so far, he is terrible on the ball and offers nothing to a team who wants to play passing football.
Completely with you on that. I'm not entirely sure what I am missing, seen him all at sea on many occasions this season, yes he's big, yes he has a bit of pace, but....:shrug:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And we know some players are included before the announcement. How is this? Have the players confirmed it online or to the press themselves?

If so, how unprofessional

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Completely with you on that. I'm not entirely sure what I am missing, seen him all at sea on many occasions this season, yes he's big, yes he has a bit of pace, but....:shrug:
Yep, and younger better version of Shane Duffy, a good proper no nonsense physcial defender, but not a quality ball playing one.

May be ok in a dogs of war defence of a 1 goal lead, but not a starter

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
26 is way too many players to be taking to a tournament.

You'll have at least 10 who will barely play. What's the point of them being there?
I dunno, the Euro's last about a month right? I know we damn sure could have used an additional ten players in February / March / April.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports