Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty Seats

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yes, do agree that the attendance figure does hold interest, but there is no need to go overboard and count seats etc, but if that is what some fans want to do, then so be it. Seeing the stadium sell out, does add to the level of excitement, which can of course transmit itself to the pitch. I normally don't bother with it too much, but, given the lure of a top-of-the-table clash last Saturday, and looking over to 1901 and seeing all those empty seats was indeed disappointing, as some fans could not get a ticket, who might have wanted to. But they pay lots and it is their prerogative not to attend, and of course it was half term.
It isn't news, it isn't unique to us.... it is estimated that between 5 and 7 percent of ticket holders do not attend a given match for one reason or another.... surely the fact tickets are sold and cash in bank is more relevant.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly this. Most are interested to learn of the attendance but to some it seems like an obsession, both in the run up to the game seeing how many tickets are sold then at the game itself counting those that haven't turned up.

It's almost like you have to post an apology on NSC, in triplicate, if you're on holiday or ill, and cannot make a game.
Please sir, can I be excused a game, and leave an empty seat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here