Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty Seats

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I've got a ST in the North, but can rarely make games due to living in the North East. All of the rest of my Albion friends also all have season tickets, so I've got no viable way of passing the ticket on for the vast majority of games that I'm not attending.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there no way that if a STH cant attend a game they could download a duplicate paper ticket for use. This can only be used once by the bar code so cannot be abused and would help fill the stadium. Even if it was case of paying a nominal amount for the paper ticket for it to work and become downloadable. I dont know just a question.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Indeed. However, I opened this thread to comment on how, looking down from my front row WSU seat, I was amazed at how many 1901 middle tier seats were empty on Saturday.

Yes, looking over from ESU, I too was amazed and if am honest rather disappointed at the many empty seats in this area. Several posters have explained that lending out your ticket is not always practical, if you are far away, and there may be many other valid reasons, to be fair, but surprising nonetheless.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is there no way that if a STH cant attend a game they could download a duplicate paper ticket for use. This can only be used once by the bar code so cannot be abused and would help fill the stadium. Even if it was case of paying a nominal amount for the paper ticket for it to work and become downloadable. I dont know just a question.

I don't think it is an option, well certainly not one I have heard of... but it would be VERY USEFUL if it were available, and a great way to get bums on unused seats.. especially if you could email the PDF to your friend so they could print it and use park & ride etc...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think it is an option, well certainly not one I have heard of... but it would be VERY USEFUL if it were available, and a great way to get bums on unused seats.. especially if you could email the PDF to your friend so they could print it and use park & ride etc...

As you know I am not particularly PC savy and just wondered if it could be done or would it need to be done via the club the day before. I wondered whether there is anything available to invalidate the ST and then print out a paper ticket. Or would it be too much trouble and not worth the hassle.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
There was a fair few lads in the pub pre match Saturday trying to get tickets. Wound me right up to see so many vacant seats at the game when it was a sellout.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Maybe if Barber stopped inflating the attendence (OED definition: [noun]The number of people present at a particular place or event. My emphasis) we would have a far better idea of how many seats were not occupied at any given match.

I've still no clue why it is done. Trying to fool the advertisers / sponsors is the only reason I can think of. But they aint gonna be that stupid.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Why not pass it onto somebody on here? I have done in the past without problems

I would not pass my ticket on to anyone I didn't know, as the club seem to have strict rules about this in their terms and conditions.
Can you imagine if this person causes some sort of incident, then I think you are putting your ST at risk, unless of course you have transferred the ticket for the game with the clubs prior knowledge.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Maybe if Barber stopped inflating the attendence (OED definition: [noun]The number of people present at a particular place or event. My emphasis) we would have a far better idea of how many seats were not occupied at any given match.

I've still no clue why it is done. Trying to fool the advertisers / sponsors is the only reason I can think of. But they aint gonna be that stupid.

I understand the rules are that they have to declare seats sold, I could be wrong. But it would be nice to also know number of people through the turnstiles.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would not pass my ticket on to anyone I didn't know, as the club seem to have strict rules about this in their terms and conditions.
Can you imagine if this person causes some sort of incident, then I think you are putting your ST at risk, unless of course you have transferred the ticket for the game with the clubs prior knowledge.

You can get a good idea who to pass it onto on here through posting style. Not really rocket science.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

It is an option but costs £5. A call to the ticket office is all that is needed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really? I don't think I could trust my judgment on that one.

Hasn't let me down so far. As been mentioned before i would rather someone occupy my seat than leave it early.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I have two adults and one under 21 which costs £20 to upgrade so when son can`t go normally empty....What with all the Jimmy Savill etc can hardly offer Kids ticket to go with two old men!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is an option but costs £5. A call to the ticket office is all that is needed.

I thought that was just for upgrades and didnt realise it was like for like in the same group as in if 1 son of mine cant go his brother could although in that case they would exchange season ticket but if one lived in Lancashire and 1 in Suffolk they couldnt.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Loads of empty seats with 10 minutes to go. Can't believe after a performance like that you'd not stay to clap the team off, head into the north, have another pint and carry on enjoying what was an amazing day to be an Albion fan.

There is a bloke near the front of West Stand Lower B who give it loads during the game, is part of the 'come on' film before the game but always slopes off early. May have a good reason of course but you wouldn't pay £40+ and leave a film or play early.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I thought that was just for upgrades and didnt realise it was like for like in the same group as in if 1 son of mine cant go his brother could although in that case they would exchange season ticket but if one lived in Lancashire and 1 in Suffolk they couldnt.

I have done it a few times now. My brother has done it with my ticket too. Just need the fan no.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
In previous seasons, a friend used to lend me her ticket when she couldn't make it. For this game I offered my ticket to 3 people I know - all had excuses why they didn't want it. Won't be asking them again. Not prepared to offer it to a stranger/post it etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here