Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

elliott bennett to norwich?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't want Bennett to go but our promotion is not dependant on it, like it isn't dependant on The special player, a proven striker or KLL, all of which i have seen as reasons we will not get promoted. If he wants to go, (and i think it would have to be instigated by him) i believe that Gus and TB will do the best thing for the club.

*edit* does this make me a licker ?

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
£500k+ means you'd take £500k as a minimum you plum. He's worth more than double that to us. Thank f*** you aren't making any decisions.

I can't recall how the rules work for younger players, but is he of an age to have the fee determined by the tribunal if Norwich come in with a silly bid of say £200k? We may want £1 million, but someone else decides when the fee can't be agreed. Can anyone elucidate?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I do not think he will leave but if he does we will get a hefty fee for him and we have Noone emerging as a key player so not the end of the world IMO

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Yep here it is...........The Tenth Page! Watford Zero: You are not a "Licker" You're right TB & GP would do the best thing for the club. EB would also have to instigate the move which I doubt he would at this time, or I hope he wouldn't.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you think that Poyet would have not played him yesterday if he was of to Norwich (from what i've heard) tomorrow?

NorwichLeJuge

Jan 18, 2011
Norwich are a bit skint, aren't they?

Their only transfer this season was Simeon Jackson (granted it was £600k), but that has been a bit of a disaster.

Norwich lad here, firstly better give the standard obligatory "come in peace" cliche. I hate Palace, so we have at least a little in common. Firstly I understand why you are all unsettled by the rumours, particularly mid-season, we have all been through that.... once upon a time Norwich were a Premiership club which sold star after star and suffered 9 straight years of mediocre Championship football as a result. That's football though isn't it? And that is what bigger clubs do, they try to snatch your players. And we are a bigger club, you may be growing, but you are a long way off selling 40,000 replica shirts and 20,000 season tickets a year. Good luck to you if you get there.

I couldn't help but be drawn to this comment though, we all have them, but this has to be a contender for stupid comment of the day on your site? Surely? Brighton sell their club captain for £300k and we are the skint club? Anyway, here is a break down of the signings that we have made and the reported fees, since promotion, so this season:

John Ruddy (Everton) - Undisclosed
Andrew Crofts (Brighton) - £300k
Simeon Jackson - £600k
Andrew Surman - £1.2m
David Fox - Undisclosed
Leon Barnett - £250k
Elliott Ward - Bosman
Steven Smith - Bosman
Marc Tierney - £250k
Aaron Wilbraham - £100k

I think it's safe to say that we have spent well over £3m in transfer fees this season, what reason would anybody have to suggest that we wouldn't be willing to spend another £1m - £1.5m with us sitting spitting distance from the automatic promotion spots? We have just sold land for £2.5m for a start, and Lambert has said that he wants just one more player.

I don't even know whether this Bennett lad is any good, so I am sitting on the fence in general, but there is no doubt whatsoever that the club could find some money when a £40m promotion is a distinct possibility. Let's just say that if we can give Wes Hoolohan a three and a half year deal we can afford to buy your lad.

There is being skint and there is being skint skint, we may be a bit skint, but we aren't skint skint like a club who sells their International captain for £300k. But good luck to you, like I said. A team offering over £1m for a player to push for a £40m promotion is in a better bargaining position than a club fighting for a £4m promotion.

Enjoy your new stadium.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There is being skint and there is being skint skint, we may be a bit skint, but we aren't skint skint like a club who sells their International captain for £300k. But good luck to you, like I said. A team offering over £1m for a player to push for a £40m promotion is in a better bargaining position than a club fighting for a £4m promotion.

Enjoy your new stadium.

Fair points apart from the one above.

We're not 'skint skint'. It was the prospect of a move to a better club (one which he wanted) rather than any enticing dosh Norwich City offered that clinched the deal. Crofts should never have been playing the third division in the first place.

We have no need to sell, not when you have a chairman who has shelled out from his own back pocket over one hundred million pounds on a new stadium.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I have to say I do like the Norwich fans who have posted on here and Norwich in general and they are definitely a club we should aspire to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Norwich lad here, firstly better give the standard obligatory "come in peace" cliche. I hate Palace, so we have at least a little in common. Firstly I understand why you are all unsettled by the rumours, particularly mid-season, we have all been through that.... once upon a time Norwich were a Premiership club which sold star after star and suffered 9 straight years of mediocre Championship football as a result. That's football though isn't it? And that is what bigger clubs do, they try to snatch your players. And we are a bigger club, you may be growing, but you are a long way off selling 40,000 replica shirts and 20,000 season tickets a year. Good luck to you if you get there.

I couldn't help but be drawn to this comment though, we all have them, but this has to be a contender for stupid comment of the day on your site? Surely? Brighton sell their club captain for £300k and we are the skint club? Anyway, here is a break down of the signings that we have made and the reported fees, since promotion, so this season:

John Ruddy (Everton) - Undisclosed
Andrew Crofts (Brighton) - £300k
Simeon Jackson - £600k
Andrew Surman - £1.2m
David Fox - Undisclosed
Leon Barnett - £250k
Elliott Ward - Bosman
Steven Smith - Bosman
Marc Tierney - £250k
Aaron Wilbraham - £100k

I think it's safe to say that we have spent well over £3m in transfer fees this season, what reason would anybody have to suggest that we wouldn't be willing to spend another £1m - £1.5m with us sitting spitting distance from the automatic promotion spots? We have just sold land for £2.5m for a start, and Lambert has said that he wants just one more player.

I don't even know whether this Bennett lad is any good, so I am sitting on the fence in general, but there is no doubt whatsoever that the club could find some money when a £40m promotion is a distinct possibility. Let's just say that if we can give Wes Hoolohan a three and a half year deal we can afford to buy your lad.

Enjoy your new stadium.

The main car park and the orange car park have been sold to Broadland Housing Association for what the club has described as a “substantial, undisclosed sum”.

All the cash raised from the sale will be used to reduce the club’s debts - which stood at £23m before the sale - to provide stability during the tough economic climate.

Although the land purchased by Broadland includes the site of the current main car park, this is not expected to affect parking provision there this season or during the 2011-12 campaign.

In the longer-term, the club will need to find a replacement car park and says it is in discussions with a number of third parties.

Chairman Alan Bowkett said: “The cash raised from the sale of the land will help us to reduce the club’s concerning debt levels and the price achieved in a difficult market is very satisfactory.

“Over the past year we have worked constructively and positively with our main lenders, Lloyds Bank Group and AXA, to restructure and reduce the burden of the club’s debt and the repayment of this latest sum underlines the club’s on-going commitment in this regard.

“With the club more than £23m in debt before this payment and working very hard and successfully to manage and reduce annual losses, it is imperative to demonstrate we are serious about balancing the books.

“In a climate when football clubs of all shapes and sizes up and down the country are experiencing financial problems which threaten their very existence, we are determined this will not happen to Norwich City.

“Not only does this sale substantially reduce our debt burden, but it also frees up management resources to concentrate on football and related business activities.

“Although no money from this land sale is going to the football budget, the board and everyone at the club remain committed to doing everything we can to raise additional funds from right across the business to support the manager.

“We remain totally focused on our twin aims of serving our supporters and supporting Paul Lambert and the playing budget.

“We’d like to thank Broadland Housing Association for their part in helping to make this important deal happen.”

Michael Newey, group chief executive of Broadland Housing, said: “We are delighted to have been able to acquire the land and we are looking forward to working with the city council and our neighbours in developing plans for a new Carrow Road Quarter on the site. This will see an area of the city in much need of regeneration brought back to life as a vibrant community.”

This article says different

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Delia was class and proved herself a real fan - Glenn Roeder? Bloom would have to be on crack to make that decision
just make sure your owner doesn't go on the pitch drunk, or appoint glenn roeder

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
different to what?

our signings and contracts?

Saying you're not skint skint, I put it to you, you are a damn sight more skint than us. Selling a car park to survive, really.

Living on owed money and a cook book.

NorwichLeJuge

Jan 18, 2011
Fair points apart from the one above.

We're not 'skint skint'. It was the prospect of a move to a better club (one which he wanted) rather than any enticing dosh Norwich City offered that clinched the deal. Crofts should never have been playing the third division in the first place.

We have no need to sell, not when you have a chairman who has shelled out from his own back pocket over one hundred million pounds on a new stadium.

Fair point, maybe I was a bit harsh. Does that mean that you will let Elliott Bennett go if he wants to then?

And, is he actually any good? I mean, does he look like he look too good for League One week in week out? Would you all be gutted if he left?

And, lastly, are there any positions on the pitch that you lot need to fill? We might have some players to give you, I heard that McNamee is touted as a possible swap, he isn't half bad, a good impact player who can score and create. How are you in the middle of the park? We have a half-decent centre mid who doesn't get any football, Owain Tudor-Jones.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Saying you're not skint skint, I put it to you, you are a damn sight more skint than us. Selling a car park to survive, really.

yes we have debt but so do many clubs. however while you may owe less money than us, we can spend more on transfer fees and contracts.

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011

And I suppose it was your clubs enormous profits that paid for this shiny new stadium of yours? :)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Fair point, maybe I was a bit harsh. Does that mean that you will let Elliott Bennett go if he wants to then?

And, is he actually any good? I mean, does he look like he look too good for League One week in week out? Would you all be gutted if he left?

And, lastly, are there any positions on the pitch that you lot need to fill? We might have some players to give you, I heard that McNamee is touted as a possible swap, he isn't half bad, a good impact player who can score and create. How are you in the middle of the park? We have a half-decent centre mid who doesn't get any football, Owain Tudor-Jones.

You won't be signing Bennett so pointless discussing how good he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here