Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

elliott bennett to norwich?

NorwichLeJuge

Jan 18, 2011
Saying you're not skint skint, I put it to you, you are a damn sight more skint than us. Selling a car park to survive, really.

Living on owed money and a cook book.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but surely your stadium is being built with an interest free LOAN from the chairman?

We have debts of £23m, against an annual turnover of £17m+.

You will have debts of £100m against an annual turnover of £4m-£5m.

With all due respect, and I'm sure that your chairman is a great guy with Brighton's interests at his heart, it will be a long time until you have paid for that stadium (including the car park). We also have plans afoot to build a multi-story car park adjacent to the ground, using land that we BOUGHT for £2.5m, so all things considered....

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I can't recall how the rules work for younger players, but is he of an age to have the fee determined by the tribunal if Norwich come in with a silly bid of say £200k? We may want £1 million, but someone else decides when the fee can't be agreed. Can anyone elucidate?

A fee is decided by a tribunal if a young player leaves a club on a bosman (when their contract has expired). When a player is under contract, a fee is decided between the clubs.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
And I suppose it was your clubs enormous profits that paid for this shiny new stadium of yours? :)

Now that is funny! No profits to be found anywhere near the Albion at the moment, Withdean is a loss-making venue for the us. As has previously been stated, the stadium is being paid for by Tony Bloom - in the form of an unsecured interest-free loan, repayable in 25 years (or more likely converted to shares in the club).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Forgive me if I am wrong, but surely your stadium is being built with an interest free LOAN from the chairman?

With all due respect, and I'm sure that your chairman is a great guy with Brighton's interests at his heart, it will be a long time until you have paid for that stadium (including the car park). We also have plans afoot to build a multi-story car park adjacent to the ground, using land that we BOUGHT for £2.5m, so all things considered....

Correct, the funds are an interest free, unsecured loan, repayable by 2023. If any balance is outstanding in 2023, it will be converted into shares. Our annual turnover will vastly exceed your quoted figures from next season!

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Now that is funny! No profits to be found anywhere near the Albion at the moment, Withdean is a loss-making venue for the us. As has previously been stated, the stadium is being paid for by Tony Bloom - in the form of an unsecured interest-free loan, repayable in 25 years (or more likely converted to shares in the club).

is that similar to how abramovic has done things?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Sorry, where does this £4m-5m turnover come from? It's going to be in excess of £7.5m in season tickets sales alone.

If the loan isn't paid, he converts it to shares, which will give him 91% of the club instead of 75%.

What's he going to do otherwise? Knock the stadium down and take it home with him?

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
Sorry, where does this £4m-5m turnover come from? It's going to be in excess of £7.5m in season tickets sales alone.

If the loan isn't paid, he converts it to shares, which will give him 91% of the club instead of 75%.

What's he going to do otherwise? Knock the stadium down and take it home with him?

So 16% of BHAFC is worth 100m? That's some Dragon's Den calculations right there... :) Fair play to him though, those are some expensive shares!

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
I don't recall the exact figures.

It's just something I think I remember seeing a while back when Bloom took over. I could well be miles out, mind.

Well those figures would value the club at £625m... But then I would assume there's nothing to stop your chairman buying shares for above the market rate?! (I'm no stockbroker!)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Posted on: Mon 18 May 2009
By Paul Camillin

The club is delighted to announce that full funding for Albion's new home at Falmer has been finalised. The full cost of the stadium project is £93m, the majority of which will be funded by Tony Bloom.

Bloom will takeover as Albion chairman, with Dick Knight taking on the role of life president, ending a very memorable 12 years at the club's helm.

Knight said, "This is the natural progression for the football club. Tony's investment will mean no need for external funding, which is absolutely superb news for the club and its fans."

Bloom currently holds a 75% shareholding in the club, having converted £18 million of loan stock into shares; the club's board of directors has unanimously elected him as chairman with immediate effect.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Tony Bloom has told Norwich City that Elliott Bennett is not for sale. Which part of that comment do Norwich City not understand?

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
Posted on: Mon 18 May 2009
By Paul Camillin

The club is delighted to announce that full funding for Albion's new home at Falmer has been finalised. The full cost of the stadium project is £93m, the majority of which will be funded by Tony Bloom.

Bloom will takeover as Albion chairman, with Dick Knight taking on the role of life president, ending a very memorable 12 years at the club's helm.

Knight said, "This is the natural progression for the football club. Tony's investment will mean no need for external funding, which is absolutely superb news for the club and its fans."

Bloom currently holds a 75% shareholding in the club, having converted £18 million of loan stock into shares; the club's board of directors has unanimously elected him as chairman with immediate effect.

Ah I see, so it was worth £24m at the time.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Our current turnover has nothing at all to do with the future, we have already exceeded that before the next starts so afraid no comparison. We do not pay a penny for our stadium until 2023/5 and then and only then we either begin to pay for it or the loan is to be transferred into shares, which the chairman has stated he expects to be.

The point I'm making is whilst you may be able to raise capital to purchase a player, we are also in that position, and if we wanted we could also pay a large salary but as the club is run on a prudent basis and does not wish to carry the burden of debt we do not, unlike many clubs who exploit the rules and are therefore in false positions.

I do question though, some Norwich fans are quick to say how many season tickets you sell and that you are close to capacity etc etc but you are still running at a debt, therefore you are living beyond your means. Is this a gamble for promotion and if you fail, here comes administration?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Our current turnover has nothing at all to do with the future, we have already exceeded that before the next starts so afraid no comparison. We do not pay a penny for our stadium until 2023/5 and then and only then we either begin to pay for it or the loan is to be transferred into shares, which the chairman has stated he expects to be.

The point I'm making is whilst you may be able to raise capital to purchase a player, we are also in that position, and if we wanted we could also pay a large salary but as the club is run on a prudent basis and does not wish to carry the burden of debt we do not, unlike many clubs who exploit the rules and are therefore in false positions.

I do question though, some Norwich fans are quick to say how many season tickets you sell and that you are close to capacity etc etc but you are still running at a debt, therefore you are living beyond your means. Is this a gamble for promotion and if you fail, here comes administration?

Good post :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here