Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

elliott bennett to norwich?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It better not be true........Min £5M for me, but based on Virgo Transfer Exchange minimum £10M.

He would be daft to go, why not win promotion with us?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Having read this and the Norwich forum my gut feel is that Norwich have offered but not enough yet. Would worry they may get there by the end of January though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How much is Bennett worth? Difficult to put a definitive price on him. He might well be the difference between automatic promotion and playoffs or playoffs and midtable. The loss of earnings in not going up is huge. The disparity between League One and the Championship is growing.

Poyet appears to operate on the basis of a player really wanting to be here (Calderon excepted, maybe).

Would Bennett be a bigger loss suffered than losing Crofts (our former captain)? Probably. We obviously had some replacements lined up or central midfielders are ten a penny. Replacing Bennett would be much harder and I don't think it would be so easy to snap up a like-for-like replacement. So perhaps Gus would not be quite so willing to give him the green card to move on.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Hope Gus will persuade Elliot to stay, and put off any decision to go until the summer when he may be a Championship player anyway.

Players names?

Well, evidentally Harley is one and there is continued interest. The other guy however I was not told about although I was told He IS foreign and does NOT play in an English division, so I would assume that the spanish striker who was posted on here is a more valid rumour. I should have asked more, but said "SAUCE" was on a treadmill and he seemed reluctant to talk (as well as hideously out of breath).

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Well, evidentally Harley is one and there is continued interest. The other guy however I was not told about although I was told He IS foreign and does NOT play in an English division, so I would assume that the spanish striker who was posted on here is a more valid rumour. I should have asked more, but said "SAUCE" was on a treadmill and he seemed reluctant to talk (as well as hideously out of breath).

Good work murrymints!

Is this sauce of yours a player or member of backroom staff?

He is a member of the backroom staff. The players had gone by the time I was there but you get very little out of them anyway with regards to transfers, basically because they don't know anything unless you ask them a direct question about themselves.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Having spoken to a certain someone in Withdean Gym today I can confirm that this is complete bollocks. Praise the lord :albion2:

(And we are very much interested in two players, also sounds like Tommy may go on loan somewhere)

Great snooping :bowdown:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
According to Tanno on the radio they have had no enquiries about any of our players whatsoever,

According to the Scunthorpe local paper, the manager said they enquired about Glen Murray but were rebuffed

Baraclough is still finding it difficult to bring anyone in.

He has admitted an interest in Brighton hot-shot Glenn Murray who has netted 42 goals in 97 games for the League One leaders.

Murray is in a similar situation to Woolford, out of contract this summer and able to leave as a free agent.

"Yes, Murray is a player we have enquired about, but Brighton want to keep him," said Baraclough.

"I am sure we are not the only club interested in him.

"We are not a Manchester City who can offer over the odds for players they want.

"I am sure Murray has an agent who is being very active at the moment.

"We have not had permission to talk to Glenn, so we move on, look somewhere else."

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As regards Wolves having a sell-on clause as part of Bennett's transfer, the Argus reported shortly after the event that the fee was an initial 200k, which could rise to 250k based on "achievement". That doesn't sound like a sell-on clause to me.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
While I don't want us to lose any of our first team squad.I think it's good that we have a squad that other teams are interested in buying.OVer recent years we have maybe had 1 player that we were worried about losing not so long ago we would have been ecstatic about a team from a higher division trying to buy 1 of our players.
I think it shows how far we have come in recent years that we have players that cant get into our first team being pursued by
teams from higher divisions.Im sure we have 4 or 5 players that are being targeted by other club.

Long may it continue.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I haven't read this thread at all, because the prospect of losing this player is just too horrendous to contemplate.

Fingers
Ears
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
How much is Bennett worth? Difficult to put a definitive price on him. He might well be the difference between automatic promotion and playoffs or playoffs and midtable. The loss of earnings in not going up is huge. The disparity between League One and the Championship is growing.

Poyet appears to operate on the basis of a player really wanting to be here (Calderon excepted, maybe).

Would Bennett be a bigger loss suffered than losing Crofts (our former captain)? Probably. We obviously had some replacements lined up or central midfielders are ten a penny. Replacing Bennett would be much harder and I don't think it would be so easy to snap up a like-for-like replacement. So perhaps Gus would not be quite so willing to give him the green card to move

on.

Unless I'm very much mistaken Elliott Bennett is very happy here.
When you are top of the league you attract attention so long may that continue.
I think that players that have been here for a while & have endured withdean for a couple of years
Would be quite excited about the move to falmer.
If big clubs come calling offering silly money fair enough but the rumours I'm hearing don't suggest
that & if things go to plan we will be playing these teams next season so why bother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here