Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

elliott bennett to norwich?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Forget some of the hype, Oxlade-Chamberlain is being linked to Arsenal at £5m plus add-ons which sounds realistic. As Bennett isn't the boy-wonder son of an ex (run of the mill) international, I guess that would value him at around £1m+ realistically but I don't think a "big" offer from either QPR or Norwich would exceed £500K in this window.

I wouldn't be surprised if bids were made but I would be gobsmacked if the friend was so ITK that he was aware of Bennett's reaction to it.

File as "wait and see"

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Can,t see this to be true, i showed Elliott and his girlfriend around some houses for sale last Friday.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
I have a pretty strong feeling that this is actually nonsense. Norwich are in no way on the verge of the Prem, it's only January and he could end up in the same league as Albion next season and miss out on playing at The Amex week in week out. Also he is our Star player and would not be sure of starting for Norwich. If on the off chance I am wrong I thin £4M + Hoolahan (who I notice is not in the first 11 these days) would be near acceptable!

The same Hoolahan that has just signed a new contact. I hope to god that he doesn't go though. Although maybe as to why we were looking at the likes of Robbie Wilmott.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
you cannot replace Benno with Willmott. We would need a proven playmaker. IF it is true it may be why we are after Ryan Harely. I still maintain that Elliott will run out at Falmer for Brighton!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Did anyone else have an uneasy feeling that giving Elliott Bennett a long contract might have been part of a cunning plan to increase his value in the transfer market?

Not at all, his photo is ALL over the falmer invite packs, suggesting the club consider him a key part of the clubs future.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Did anyone else have an uneasy feeling that giving Elliott Bennett a long contract might have been part of a cunning plan to increase his value in the transfer market?
Yeah, if they really wanted to keep him they'd have let his contract run down.

Forget some of the hype, Oxlade-Chamberlain is being linked to Arsenal at £5m plus add-ons which sounds realistic. As Bennett isn't the boy-wonder son of an ex (run of the mill) international, I guess that would value him at around £1m+ realistically but I don't think a "big" offer from either QPR or Norwich would exceed £500K in this window.

There is NO WAY that Gus would sell for £500k. Given that he's on a long contract and one of our star players the ABSOLUTE minimum would be £1m, and I think even then Gus would try to tempt him to stay until at least the summer.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Norwich are a bit skint, aren't they?

Their only transfer this season was Simeon Jackson (granted it was £600k), but that has been a bit of a disaster.

plus our skipper for £300K but you're right - they aren't that well off which is why I suspect they will try (and probably feel justified in trying) to get Elliott on the cheap.

Worth remembering that Austin at Swindon is only valued at £1m max and players like Pitman and BWP (who Blackpool are back in for reportedly) at £500K or less. The League 1 market is viewed as a bargain basement by our illustrious peers in the higher leagues :)

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
At the end of the day, if we want to go up this yr. And then stay up in the championship next yr, we need to keep the likes of beno!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I cant even see us selling for £1m to be honest. He's worth much more to us than that in terms of getting us promoted, and the risk of losing a lynchpin to the side could be disastrous. If we were talking £2m+ then that might be tempting.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Very tough for a chairman or manager in these circumstances. We're doing well so people will be interested.

It wasn't that many years ago and we were going for promotion with Zamora scoring goals that middlesborough and everton offered a deal which could have been worth 3mill which we rejected as it would have harmed our hopes of promotion to the then div one. When we get relegated from that division he goes to spurs for 1.5mill up front. Knight was pilloried on here and by Zamora via his agent, in the press for not selling at the higher rate when he could have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here