Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
BBC alleged sports reporter

Phil McNulty
Next question of course is will Chelsea return with improved Torres offer? Would be an intriguing statement of intent from Abramovich.

On his twitter at 12:20am

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Because the Sun journo is likely to create a story to give false hope of a signing to fans of his own club?

He's not creating a story though, that's the thing, he's doing a tabloid classic by expanding on known fact with subtly layered bullshit. There's enough truth (Norwich want Bennett, they've offered around the £1m mark already) that he can't be sued for making something up, but enough spin (he's DESPERATE to leave and has ROCKED the Seagulls with his request) to make an interesting story. But since there's nothing about this anywhere respectable, I'm not believing it until its on the club's official site, or at least on BBC. How/why would a tinpot arse-rag journo know anything about a player's happiness given that neither club have said anything, nor any actual news outlets?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't surprise me if Norwich were preparing another bid. And if they meet our asking price, whatever that may be, then yes the chances are Bennett will be off. But, my feeling is that if he was going to go, he'd've gone already, as we'd've just said "Give us X amount and it's a deal" and then given ourselves a fortnight to get in a replacement. I'd be STAGGERED if he went deadline day or anything stupid like that, leaving us a playmaker short and only the loan/free window to look for anyone.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
It's bollocks. Any of you who are slagging off or justifying Elliots move then you're just as thick, go and get a life.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

Okay, so Chelsea/Torres has a hint of fact, this wasn't on SSN when I posted. But it means jack shit about the Bennett situation. When I see anything official, fine, I'll believe it, but forgive me for not taking the word of The Sun as gospel, only I'm not a cretin.

Surprised you managed to type all that with eight fingers on each hand by the way, do you sellotape your spares out of the way or just use spell check afterwards?

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
He's not creating a story though, that's the thing, he's doing a tabloid classic by expanding on known fact with subtly layered bullshit. There's enough truth (Norwich want Bennett, they've offered around the £1m mark already) that he can't be sued for making something up, but enough spin (he's DESPERATE to leave and has ROCKED the Seagulls with his request) to make an interesting story. But since there's nothing about this anywhere respectable, I'm not believing it until its on the club's official site, or at least on BBC. How/why would a tinpot arse-rag journo know anything about a player's happiness given that neither club have said anything, nor any actual news outlets?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't surprise me if Norwich were preparing another bid. And if they meet our asking price, whatever that may be, then yes the chances are Bennett will be off. But, my feeling is that if he was going to go, he'd've gone already, as we'd've just said "Give us X amount and it's a deal" and then given ourselves a fortnight to get in a replacement. I'd be STAGGERED if he went deadline day or anything stupid like that, leaving us a playmaker short and only the loan/free window to look for anyone.

Why bother over a couple of little teams like Norwich and Brighton? It's hardly going to pull in the punters to buy their copy. I'm afraid for you it's probably true.

As Charlie said, if the player wants to go and a club is interested, then it usually only ends up one way, but then as your fans have rightly said you don't have to sell, and still have the ability to price us out of the equation.

You never know, it might not even be us that he's coming to!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The bit about Bennett being desperate to leave, and us being rocked is clearly bullshit journalism, he might have handed in a transfer request so be it but the rest is just elaboration. He doesn't exaclty hate it here afterall does he?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's bollocks. Any of you who are slagging off or justifying Elliots move then you're just as thick, go and get a life.

'Go and get a life' ... I love these simpletons on NSC that have no argument or input yet are very qualified at belittling or abusing those that actually do make interesting points. The BHA pikeys come to mind.

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
The bit about Bennett being desperate to leave, and us being rocked is clearly bullshit journalism, he might have handed in a transfer request so be it but the rest is just elaboration. He doesn't exaclty hate it here afterall does he?

How can you judge the strength of feeling behind a transfer request? It's basically him saying that he wants to leave. No need for ellaboration.

NCFC4life

Jan 28, 2011
Okay, so Chelsea/Torres has a hint of fact, this wasn't on SSN when I posted. But it means jack shit about the Bennett situation. When I see anything official, fine, I'll believe it, but forgive me for not taking the word of The Sun as gospel, only I'm not a cretin.

Surprised you managed to type all that with eight fingers on each hand by the way, do you sellotape your spares out of the way or just use spell check afterwards?

ooooo struck a raw nerve have i? I guess i can understand why you are feeling a little bit butt hurt when you are on the verge of loosing your best player!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Hilarious quip, did your boyfriend tell you that one? :)

Yeah well if it's going to descend into a binfest wind-up like every other thread your lot have contributed to this month, I might as well lower the tone to a level you'll understand. I'm just curious why the lot of you don't f*** off back to your own boards? I've never had a problem with Norwich, even with the Crofts deal, thought you were one of the more likeable clubs around, but this whole scenario has revealed the truth, that just like Leeds, Southampton, Wednesday, and all the other "massive" clubs who've taken a tumble down the leagues, you're supported by a bunch of deluded, gloating, brain-dead wankers. I never said Bennett wasn't going. I never said he hadn't requested a transfer. I said I wouldn't believe it until it was official. So if you don't mind, must get back to bumming some men, do us all a favour and get back to shagging your own sister.

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
He's not the one going on to another teams website uneccessarily giving it the big one. Some of your fans have acted like absolute numpties on here in the last couple of weeks.

Speaking of the boyfriend...

I kid, I kid.

"Unnecessarily giving it the big one" - It's the nature of being football fan to have a bit of banter. I appreciate that nerves are probably a bit raw on here, so I'll do the gentlemanly thing and not attempt to wind you up.

I'm sure the next day or so will bring clarity to the scenario.

Apologies for any offence caused.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
ooooo struck a raw nerve have i? I guess i can understand why you are feeling a little bit butthurt when you are on the verge of loosing your best player!

Case in point. Inbreeding does tend to lead to the gene pool getting a little muddled.

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
Yeah well if it's going to descend into a binfest wind-up like every other thread your lot have contributed to this month, I might as well lower the tone to a level you'll understand. I'm just curious why the lot of you don't f*** off back to your own boards? I've never had a problem with Norwich, even with the Crofts deal, thought you were one of the more likeable clubs around, but this whole scenario has revealed the truth, that just like Leeds, Southampton, Wednesday, and all the other "massive" clubs who've taken a tumble down the leagues, you're supported by a bunch of deluded, gloating, brain-dead wankers. I never said Bennett wasn't going. I never said he hadn't requested a transfer. I said I wouldn't believe it until it was official. So if you don't mind, must get back to bumming some men, do us all a favour and get back to shagging your own sister.

Apologies to you too.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
ooooo struck a raw nerve have i? I guess i can understand why you are feeling a little bit butt hurt when you are on the verge of loosing your best player!

The day we lose a player like Bennett to you f*cking backward inbred pricks is the day I start supporting Ipswich Town. Twat. For the record you carrot munching idiot, he's not our best player, that'll be Glenn Murray. F*ck off and watch an Alan Partridge dvd.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The day we lose a player like Bennett to you f*cking backward inbred pricks is the day I start supporting Ipswich Town. Twat. For the record you carrot munching idiot, he's not our best player, that'll be Glenn Murray. F*ck off and watch an Alan Partridge dvd.

School holidays already? Please support a Kent side and don't embarrass us Brighton supporters please redneck.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Oooh look. The Norwich fan trawling Albion websites in the early hours just made a berrrrrILLiant quip there, did you see ? Because he said "a little bit butt hurt" which means (as Brighton fans) clearly our "butts hurt" because obviously we have lots of willys put up them. He probably did a typo originally, what with all those extra fingers and all, and typed "bit" as "but", and then made the (frankly) GENIUS link and instead of discarding the "but" typo, simply morphed it into "butt" and VOILA ! A phenomenal internet messageboard trolling gag was born before his very eyes. I can almost hear NCFC4life simpering, giggling and backslapping himself silly as he sat there in his vest and 4th-day underpants amongst the discarded pizza boxes, in his lonely bedsit slum over the high street kebab shop.

Chuck in a "loosing" (where he meant losing) and well folks, we have ourselves one of lifes WINNERS here alright. No mistake.

NCFC4life

Jan 28, 2011
In all seriousness I am kind of disappointed we are splashing out on Elliot. We are very well stocked in midfield and by all accounts he does not have the blistering pace (?) I would want from an potential purchase in this position. I would much rather us be going for another striker like Charlie Austin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports