Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
There is this assumption that we will get KLL, I don't see it - there will be loads of teams in for him after his fantastic impact whilst on loan and I think any fee would be massive.

Personally, I reckon the fee for LuaLua will be no bigger than Bennetts. I might be wrong but dosen't his contract run out soon?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
1) We might not even get LuaLua back on loan again this season.

2) We have no chance of signing him if we don't go up.

3) LuaLua would cost at least 1 million if not more.

1) We might sign LuaLua

2) We will go up

3) Bennetts transfer fee could cover at least a million

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nothing been reported elsewhere as yet, fishing expedition plus Norwich would have to stump up a lot of money for him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Personally, I reckon the fee for LuaLua will be no bigger than Bennetts. I might be wrong but dosen't his contract run out soon?

So what if his contract is running out soon.That means jack shit for a Prem club. As others have said losing Bennett will seriously damage our promotion push.Come on think about it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hoiw long have you been following the Albion?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I don't really care about the if's and but's over Lua Lua. He was nowhere near as influential as Bennett has been.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
So what if his contract is running out soon.That means jack shit for a Prem club. As others have said losing Bennett will seriously damage our promotion push.Come on think about it.

we could be 9 points clear of second place if we win our game in hand and we almost in febuary. Are you saying that if we lose Bennett are team who are storming the league will go into sudden meltdown? I think we're better than that. Noone has already shown enough ability to make me feel confident we have enough match winners to cope without Bennetts quality.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
we could be 9 points clear of second place if we win our game in hand and we almost in febuary. Are you saying that if we lose Bennett are team who are storming the league will go into sudden meltdown? I think we're better than that. Noone has already shown enough ability to make me feel confident we have enough match winners to cope without Bennetts quality.
Again all f's and but's from you. Our lead at the top is peanuts at the moment.That can be clawed back in one bad week of football.

Don't expect teams like Southampton and Charlton to keep giving us chances it won't continue.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
find that hard to belive, he didnt look like a player that wanted to leave on tuesday?

I can believe it. In his position, where would you want to be? A team looking likely to be promoted to the Championship or a team pushing to be promoted to the Premiership?

He's been great for us, but he has to put his career first. I'm guessing it's not so much that he wants to leave us, as that he wants a shot at Premiership football. Football careers are relatively short. I don't want him to leave, but I can see where he's coming from and wish him well for the future.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Since Liam Brady was in charge

I go back slightly further then that and you should know in that time we have never had a player like Bennett in midfield/winger.This lad is special like Zamora.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Again all f's and but's from you. Our lead at the top is peanuts at the moment.That can be clawed back in one bad week of football.

Don't expect teams like Southampton and Charlton to keep giving us chances but it won't continue.

I'm afraid to say a 9 point lead can't be clawed back within a week, maybe a month (at worst) but defeintly not a week. All ifs and buts? we're top of the league and unbeaten at home with the best manager outside the premiership! your making it out as if we're where we are purely because of Bennett which is nonsense! Stop being so negative about the situation which may happen because its not half as bad as your making it out tobe. Bennett is a quality player as I've stated but so is Calderon, Painter, Greer, Dicker, Murray, Kishishev, Wood and dare I say it El-abd. All these players have played their part this season so give them credit!. Stop being so one eyed and smell the roses. We're a quality team not dependant on one player.
You also mention teams like Southampton catching up on us if we lose Bennett, well what do you think thier thinking with all this specualtion of Chamberlain leaving?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I believe it would be disappointing, but until it is official they are still just rumours. (Not for Sale)

If he did leave then of course it would be bad news, but we wouldn't let him go unless we had a clar replacement for his position, such as this Ledesma fella. Hopefully we can get Kazenga back too, so we could have three wingers vying for two spots. Without Bennett we lose a lot of our creativity from midfield, but one of the current crop will, WILL, step up his game to fill the void. My money is on Bridcutt or Dicker to show that extra spark if Bennett does go.

Who know, our replacement could be better than Bennett.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think it will be alright tbh I'd be more pissed off if Murray went on the cheap/free. It looks like we will get a lot of money, we do have Noone to give some width and hopefully KLL coming back. The spine of the team is excellent, great defence, solid midfield and Murray upfront. If Murray left then I'd be really worried about who is going to score the goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here