Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It just makes absolutely no sense if he goes. Thats all really, no sense at all.

Oh, and SSN, BBC and NONE of the other newspaper sites have this story.

I've checked.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It just makes absolutely no sense if he goes. Thats all really, no sense at all.

Double the wages, potentially Premisership football next year, has links there (Crofts)? It's essentially a promotion, would you turn a promotion down? (okay, bearing in mind you had to move to Norwich, and had to wear a YELLOW uniform).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If we can fund a £15 million training ground then surely we can tell norwich to f*** off, unless they are offering silly money which is unlikely.
Whatever bennett is worth now he will be worth more at the end of the season having a league 1 championship medal
under his belt.
Yeah, or around his neck.

Was it the Sun that had us appointing Dennis Wise as manager when Slade went?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ledesma,LuaLua we would have money for both and we know LL is extremely good and the other bloke looks like he might be and as for the bollocks about we can forget the championship its just that bollocks

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
A family friend knows Bennett pretty well as he works at the withdean gym and has many conversations with bennett, and apprently he never stops talking about how happy he is in and at Brighton... but we will see, I really hope it isn't true!!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Why do people think we won't function without Bennett? Yes he has been at the heart of a lot of great football but that is where Gus plays him. He is very good without a doubt but just mark my words Noone or "Nooney" to Gus, will slip right into the "role" that Bennett has been playing. He will play it differently but will fulfill our attacking midfield / winger role.

I have read that we can kiss promotion goodbye without him. Get a f***ing grip, this is a team effort & whilst EB is a very good player we have other players who are also very good & if this is true & I actually believe it now then Gus will be given the whole amount minus Wolves sell on fee to get out there & bring in a player who will add another dimention to the team.

Stop all the panic, wish Elliott well & be thankful he gave his all whilst he was here, he flowered as a player with us & especially under Gus so will always be remembered with good thoughts by me.

We have the return of Kazenga to look forward to & EB leaving by no means will damage this team as much as some people on here seem to think.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Is this site reliable?
Norwich Transfer Rumours

27 Jan 2011 22:50:28
* *Norwich News* *

... Norwich are likely to return to Brighton with a £1.5mill take it or leave it offer for Ellit Bennett and try and get another striker in to with Freddie Eastwood, Nathan Tyson and Adam Le Fondre all in the running. (they had considered matching the bids already accepted for Austin but see the fee as to much of a gamble for a striker that's still relatively unproven)

If you read far enough, the following message is on that exact same rumour site ...... posted Jan 26th?

.....mate you don't half chat some b*llox. i have ENOUGH of the Elliott Bennett rumours. i know elliott and his brother kyle very well and have done for a long long time now. i went school with them at Thomas Telford for those who want to contest what i'm sayin. Now i spoke to him yesterday and he's told me that he is not interested in a move at all and is very happy at Brighton. Also he bought a very nice house down there and his girlfriend works in the Brighton club shop. So stop with the crap about elliot PLEASE....

Who knows?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why do people think we won't function without Bennett? Yes he has been at the heart of a lot of great football but that is where Gus plays him. He is very good without a doubt but just mark my words Noone or "Nooney" to Gus, will slip right into the "role" that Bennett has been playing. He will play it differently but will fulfill our attacking midfield / winger role.

I have read that we can kiss promotion goodbye without him. Get a f***ing grip, this is a team effort & whilst EB is a very good player we have other players who are also very good & if this is true & I actually believe it now then Gus will be given the whole amount minus Wolves sell on fee to get out there & bring in a player who will add another dimention to the team.

Stop all the panic, wish Elliott well & be thankful he gave his all whilst he was here, he flowered as a player with us & especially under Gus so will always be remembered with good thoughts by me.

We have the return of Kazenga to look forward to & EB leaving by no means will damage this team as much as some people on here seem to think.

Well put, it will be a knock but not the end of the world. And I wont be holding it against him.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I'll believe it when I see it.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
For the moment, I am comforting myself that there is nothing from our friend Mr Naylor about this. I would have thought he would be infinitely more connected to people at the club than the Sun, who for all we know may well have just rewritten the stuff off that rumour website. After all, there's not really anything of substance in their article, is there? No quotes or anything. Fingers crossed it is BS.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm starting to think that this whole episode is the work of one organised persistent wind up merchant and lazy journalism, but maybe I'm just being hopeful?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Poyet did speak about buying KLL, maybe this will release the fund to do so? But I love Bennet and would be gutted to see him leave :(

Can I be greedy and have both?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Just seen it on Twitter from the BBC South East Today sports producer bloke. Hopefully he's just getting it from the Sun as well and doesn't know anything more than us.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I love the fact that the Sun resorts to such sensationalism - "Bennett rocks Brighton" despite the fact that 99% of its readers couldn't give a toss, and even if true, it will probably not make tomorrow's paper.

Anyways, would it shock people so much? We have spent 250k (or whatever it was) on Noone - who seems pretty similar (and as promising as Bennett did one or two years ago).

a) Do we really think that we've moved on so much that we'd sign spend that sort of money for no reason, and not knowing that it might be filling a gap?
b) Its a hell of a lot less than 1 million. ergo profit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here