Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
just read this on ON THE BALL CITY (NORWICH FAN SITE)

pparently Bennett is to be unveiled tomorrow after passing a medical today, dunno how much truth there is from this site, apparently we signed Eastwood from Coventry for £400k and apparently SWP was spotted going in to the Nelson hotel on riverside and apparently Cody has been sold to Swindon even though we can’t recall him early

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
truly hope its not happening, will leave a few days only to spend some of the cash, so maybe they do have someone lined up, or a loan deal that may cost a few bob. really not what we need, but if true then cannot hold onto him if he wants to go

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It doesn't really add up but why would The Sun publish it if not true, aside from it being THE SUN and wanting to fill web/paper-space.

If he has handed in a transfer request I would be slightly dissapointed, he wants to be given the opportunity to better himself and that's fair enough, it's not worth worrying about. We should be more worried about finding someone to replace him.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I just don't get this, we have him on a long contact, why wouldn't he wait till the end of the season at least to see what happens with both teams? They must be offering him big wages and signing on fee, unless it's all bollocks of course.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm normally a live and let live person and wouldn't be cross with a player handing in a transfer request, particularly one that has been an exceptional professional thus far, but I can't help it in this instance, if true.

He's only just signed an improved deal and this could derail our season.

Upset, tinged with sadness and anger.

:tantrum:

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Does it matter if he hands in a transfer request?

It's up to Bloom and Gus surely.

Hell, Murray's handed in two transfer requests already!

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I'm normally a live and let live person and wouldn't be cross with a player handing in a transfer request, particularly one that has been an exceptional professional thus far, but I can't help it in this instance, if true.

He's only just signed an improved deal and this could derail our season.

Upset, tinged with sadness and anger.

:tantrum:

Perfectly put :cry:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
(If true) it will be interesting to see whether TB and Gus play hardball and try to keep him, a la Wenger with Fabregas, or whether they'd rather not keep an unhappy player hanging around.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Does it matter if he hands in a transfer request?

It's up to Bloom and Gus surely.

Hell, Murray's handed in two transfer requests already!

Yes it does

1) As far as I know, we never had an £1m+ off for Murray
2) If he turns down the request, what use is a pissed off EB?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If we can fund a £15 million training ground then surely we can tell norwich to f*** off, unless they are offering silly money which is unlikely.
Whatever bennett is worth now he will be worth more at the end of the season having a league 1 championship medal
under his belt.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
im not gonna believe something thats in the sun !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here